Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 08:41 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,472,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I'm more worried about the proud boys and boogaloo boys rioting if he loses. They're heavily armed.
What happened to your guns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 08:42 AM

9,254 posts, read 5,020,627 times
I think we will become even MORE divided than we are now, as moderate, conservative people who disagree that government is the solution to every single problem we face withdraw from this devolving society of ours and take an 'every man for himself' posture. Right now, it's hard to watch what is happening with our country. I don't know how much more of the projection and lies by the democrats I can take. On top of all that, I don't believe Biden will serve out a full term. I don't normally subscribe to conspiracy theories, but I do feel like this is a trojan horse scenario and Kamala Harris will, somewhere along the line, be elevated to the office of the presidency. As much as I would like to see a female president my lifetime, it would never be Kamala Harris. She is just as corrupt as he is and on a par with Hillary Clinton.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:51 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,170,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being nothing happens, and 10 being, we are in a civil war, what is going to happen if Trump squeaks by in the electoral college again?

Will it be worse than the George Floyd riots?

How many cities will the sore losers burn/loot/riot?

Will it be confined to the inner cities, or are the suburbs at risk this time?

I say it's a 7. We will see some major violence and it will be worse than the Floyd riots. But it will be confined to the inner cities.
When he wins he needs to declare martial law and stop this crap.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:10 AM

6,028 posts, read 2,623,812 times
I remember when Obama was running for a second term the Republicans were crying about Obama sending DHS to confiscate everyone's guns enacting sharia law none of that ever happened all scare tactics like now.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:14 AM

29,946 posts, read 18,515,838 times
Quote:
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being nothing happens, and 10 being, we are in a civil war, what is going to happen if Trump squeaks by in the electoral college again?

I say it's a 7. We will see some major violence and it will be worse than the Floyd riots. But it will be confined to the inner cities.
Democrats use violence as a matter of course in their political agenda, as they do not believe in the Constitution or the Republic- they are totalitarian fascists and resort to the "toolkit" used by their fellow oppressive totalitarians.

The sad fact is that American dems fail to see what the dem party has become; any political party which supports and foments violence has lost the political argument and uses violence as their means of "persuasion".

The dems know that their political message has failed to persuade, so they must resort to other means of "persuasion".

Old 08-23-2020, 09:21 AM

925 posts, read 410,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I'm more worried about the proud boys and boogaloo boys rioting if he loses. They're heavily armed.
Yes we are but, when Obama won, both times, we stood down. We have time on our side just like last time. That's WHY we have Trump now. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:24 AM

2,180 posts, read 634,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
If he wins again, we will see quite a lot as Trump ramps up his attacks on American citizens in the streets.

Lol, communists are not people. They are cockroaches.

If Trump wins in 2020, buy helicopter stock. Make the "Pinochet Purging" a pay per view event and help balance the budget.

Can't wait. Stocking up on popcorn now.

[A guy can dream]

Old 08-23-2020, 09:27 AM

35,369 posts, read 20,747,842 times
Quote:

It's not the win--- it is how we get to that final call and the referee raises the arm and declares a winner.
There is going to be chaos this election- unless it's a landslide which I doubt, and many judges will be working across the states overtime, as he will sue them all if not in his favor. I expect a hard winter season for the USA.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,687,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I live in a democratic city that is a warzone thanks to the Dems that run it so I am used it
FYI, Democratic Mayors are elected for almost ALL of the larger cities in the US. Most people live in democratic cities.

https://ballotpedia.org/Party_affili...largest_cities

Old 08-23-2020, 09:32 AM

7,617 posts, read 3,271,675 times
Quote:
I'm not. If there's no fraud, and Biden wins, you won't see any rioting, and you know it.
I think there is a better than even chance that we'll never know what the real vote total is and this election will be decided in the courts. There will be constant legal battles over whether or not boxes of votes that are found at the last minute and all just happen to be for the democrat candidate should be counted or not. Whoever wins, the other side is going to feel cheated. The democrats are breaking our electoral process because they can't stand the idea that they might lose. Many of them truly feel that any election that they don't win is illegitimate. If we don't give them power they will take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies