Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2020, 02:51 AM

52,255 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
He’s right.

I mentioned the title of an academic paper earlier in this thread that discusses this.

Pulling up that paper in a search informs the reader additionally re the embedded links and footnotes.

If you, or anyone else who agrees with you/disagrees with DD one this we’re in a room with any one of those academics, one on one, not a one of you would be able to debate his or her way out of a proverbial paper bag on this subject.

Hopefully this thread will get restored again. When it was at 120+ pages (10 per page) t suddenly went down to 39 pages. Then a few hours later the missing pages popped back up again. Then, over hours, people added, pushing the total to close to 160 pages, and then, a few minutes ago it popped down to 39 total again
In the interest of free speech, it's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 08:35 AM
bu2

24,095 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Being against illegal immigration doesn't make Trump a racist. The way he want about it, however, does. Using terms like "bad hombres" is basically stoking ethnic/racial resentment. Referring to certain countries as "ish" holes, that is stoking resentment. As leader of the USA, Trump is suppose to be expecting better out of U.S. citizens, not trying to relate to very base instincts.

Comments like this: " Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!". Look, being against rioting is one thing. Blaming then-President Obama for it, and then stoking racial resentment, what kind of President does that? And then Trump went on Twitter and retweeted a tweet with some bogus anti-Black crime statistics, which came from a Neo-Nazi twitter account, and that twitter account references a false source.

And then he made a really stupid comment at a rally in Redding, California. Look up "Look at my African-American over there".
Kind of cringing.

And then there is the way he handled the Central Park Five case. He took out an ad calling for their execution. And then when it was found they didn't do it, he was still unapologetic.

And then his birtherism nonsense. He kept accusing former President Obama of not being a citizen.

That is why I see him as a racist. Things he has said.
If you look for it, you will imagine you find it in every nook and cranny.

Is Kim Klacik a racist for saying basically the same things about Baltimore?

Some of these countries are holes. Race has nothing to do with it. And its not generating resentment against those countries.

As for his cringe inducing comments, have you ever listened to Joe Biden? Not being eloquent does not make one a racist.

Birtherism has nothing to do with racism. That just a stupid example.

Apologetic is a trait President Trump lacks. But the same could be said about Presidents Obama (the buck never stopped on his desk) and Clinton (Monica?) as well. Central Park was a vicious crime. I imagine he would have been the same if it was white kids suspected of doing it.

President Trump is combative and unnecessarily ticks people off. But that doesn't mean he's a racist.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:46 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
If you look for it, you will imagine you find it in every nook and cranny.

Is Kim Klacik a racist for saying basically the same things about Baltimore?

Some of these countries are holes. Race has nothing to do with it. And its not generating resentment against those countries.

As for his cringe inducing comments, have you ever listened to Joe Biden? Not being eloquent does not make one a racist.

Birtherism has nothing to do with racism. That just a stupid example.

Apologetic is a trait President Trump lacks. But the same could be said about Presidents Obama (the buck never stopped on his desk) and Clinton (Monica?) as well. Central Park was a vicious crime. I imagine he would have been the same if it was white kids suspected of doing it.

President Trump is combative and unnecessarily ticks people off. But that doesn't mean he's a racist.
I wasn't looking for that stuff. This was stuff that was put on television, put on facebook, basically easily found easily.

I haven't listened to Kim Klacik at all. I don't listen to Candace Owen either. I've pretty much stopped watching television, with the exception of a baseball game that's on (I don't own a television. I can afford it, but don't really want it right now).

Why else would a President refer to certain countries as "s" holes other than to "stoke", not generation racial divides? I've never heard any President in my lifetime refer to any country like that. And no, it is not generating resentment against those countries. It's playing into the feelings some people have towards countries that are part of the 3rd world (and some of the people from those countries). What was the whole point of referring to other countries as "s" holes? Why would you want any President to refer to other countries that way?

Birtherism theories against Obama was rooted in racism, period.

And I know all about Joe Biden and his cringeworthy comments. I don't like him either. But we are not talking about him, so stick to the topic.

President Trump has made some stupid remarks that can easily be interpreted as racist, and there is a reason they are interpreted as such.

Why else would someone say at a Presidential rally (referring to the only Black guy there) "Look at my African-American over there"?

Why else would Trump say of Obama "Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!", when this is a local Baltimore problem?

Why else would Trump retweet a tweet from a Neo-Nazi account that had some fallacious stats about Blacks and crime, which also listed a fallacious source?

Old 09-07-2020, 11:30 AM

62,943 posts, read 29,134,396 times
So calling illegal aliens bad hombres makes Trump a racist? How is that stoking ethnic/racial resentment?
Illegal alien is an unlawful status in our country not a race or ethic group. If you are of the same race or ethnic group as illegal aliens but you are here legally the comments have nothing to do with you!!! Does that mean that calling any criminal what they are makes one a racist?

Certain countries are **** holes and that's just a fact. Facts aren't racism! Also, pointing out the high crimes of certain races is not racism either. It's the facts, for God's sake! Since when have facts become racism?

Birtherism isn't based on racism either. Only in the heads of those who want to demonize Trump and have a victim mentality for their racial group. Obama attended a church that demonized white people and he made comments about white Americans clinging to their bibles, guns, etc. but of course that gets ignored by the same people who go after Trump for everything he has ever said or done and call him a racist for it. He gets called a dictator also but Obama bypassed congress by giving millions of illegal aliens a stay of deportation by EO. Why can't some people in here see what hypocrites they are?

Old 09-07-2020, 01:40 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So calling illegal aliens bad hombres makes Trump a racist? How is that stoking ethnic/racial resentment?
Illegal alien is an unlawful status in our country not a race or ethic group. If you are of the same race or ethnic group as illegal aliens but you are here legally the comments have nothing to do with you!!! Does that mean that calling any criminal what they are makes one a racist?

Certain countries are **** holes and that's just a fact. Facts aren't racism! Also, pointing out the high crimes of certain races is not racism either. It's the facts, for God's sake! Since when have facts become racism?

Birtherism isn't based on racism either. Only in the heads of those who want to demonize Trump and have a victim mentality for their racial group. Obama attended a church that demonized white people and he made comments about white Americans clinging to their bibles, guns, etc. but of course that gets ignored by the same people who go after Trump for everything he has ever said or done and call him a racist for it. He gets called a dictator also but Obama bypassed congress by giving millions of illegal aliens a stay of deportation by EO. Why can't some people in here see what hypocrites they are?
You do realize "hombre" is a Spanish word. Why else would Trump use that word? If illegal immigration is the thing you want to stop, do you really need to use words like "hombre"? If you know "illegal" is a status and not a race/ethnicity, why is Trump using the term "hombre"?

Using the term "s" hole is a vulgar and condescending term, and is only used in a tone of hate and disdain for a place. Why would any President use the term "s" hole to describe a country? Better yet, why was Trump using that term? And given a better answer than "it's a fact". This is a fact: 3rd world countries are very poor and have alot of problems. "That country is an 's' hole" is only used to speak of a place one hates.

And that birtherism was started because some people didn't like the idea of a Black man becoming President, and in Obama's case, people were trying to say "he's not a citizen".

Old 09-07-2020, 01:42 PM

445 posts, read 168,225 times
The only racist is draft dodging Jim Crow Joe calling Black people losers and suckers. At least that's what an anonymous source said he said.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:29 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post
Why is it so terrible to demean people of a different race. But ok to demean someone 100 times more if the same race?
Like what the Libs have done to Trump every step of the way.

What race anyone is who is criticizing Trump is irrelevant.

People criticize Trump because of his behavior.

Trump is his own worst enemy, almost constantly putting his foot in his mouth.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:47 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The term wasn't intended to demean China. It was just a fact that the virus "originated" in China. How much longer are you going to go on with this and what part of that don't you get? How in the world was it sowing hatred against China? You're really off the wall here.

No, I don't know a single Asian among my circle of friends. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't befriend one if I knew one. I'm suppose to roam the streets looking for one? In my neck of the woods there are hardly any of them living where I live. WTH does racial diversity have to do with what I just said? You sorely need to stop with your stupid nonsense implying that I don't like Asians. I'm done with you. Welcome to my ignore list.
You don’t understand krichton’s point.

At least you are honest enough () to admit that no one in your circle of friends is Asian.

There doesn’t end up being any material difference between your being willing to befriend an Asian or not because, as you pointed out, there aren’t any Asians in your area for you to run into.

Not having any Asian friends, reason being immaterial, limits your perspective in a way that likely makes it much more difficult for you to see krichton’s point.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:20 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They're going back about 50 years and starting there. Want to do the same with Biden now?

Personally, I don't think either one is racist - but if you're going to scrutinize everything one has said, you really need to do the same for both.
No, if you read the links, much of it is recent. The older things are relevant because it's a pattern that continues to this day.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Given his track record of charitable actions with the black community
How could he be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies