Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 05:17 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Let's see here. We have the fake USPS scandal, the presumed refusal of Trump leaving the White House if he loses to HARRIS/biden, and I think I saw Russian collusion pop up somewhere on this forum again recently. The left is in full panic mode and is throwing up everything they can think of to see if any of it will stick.

aka: fake Postmaster General
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 05:25 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
So what evidence is there that their is nefarious activity going on the USPS?
The House Oversight Committee has copies of emails and internal documents (probably from one of the 23 executives Dejoy moved or eliminated) proving that DeJoy was fully briefed on the slowdown, contrary to what he told Congress. It was made public over the weekend that another of the executives has implicated Mnuchin and Trump as the ones who engineered and demanded the slowdown. Trump's own public statements would confirm that

By now, DeJoy has almost certainly been informed that he is in line for a referral to DOJ for perjury if he doesn't decide to come clean. While Barr's DOJ may not elect to prosecute him, Barr won't be AG forever. We'll have to wait and see whether he sings a new song when he testifies today.

Old 08-24-2020, 05:57 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
The postal scandal is not fake. The mail has been slowed WAY down. Still damn odd as if the intent was to derail mail in voting they did it too early and packages are being hit worse than small envelopes.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:57 AM

7,336 posts, read 4,127,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The postal scandal is not fake. The mail has been slowed WAY down. Still damn odd as if the intent was to derail mail in voting they did it too early and packages are being hit worse than small envelopes.
I had this problem - it's started big time with coronavirus. Before March packages mail to my kids across country were delivered on time. After the coronavirus, packages were two weeks late - even with next day delivery.

Postal workers got coronavirus like everyone else.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:15 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Why should the slaves inside the political boundaries of the US care what the slaves inside the political boundaries of the various EU plantations think about the guy holding the whip on our plantation?

Do the slaves benefit when all the massahs get along?
Brit media, culture, money, education, language controls America, that’s why.

Old 08-28-2020, 06:24 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
So what evidence is there that their is nefarious activity going on the USPS?
So you think there is no connection between the facts that:

Trump has been bad-mouthing the post office
Trump has been pretending that mail-in ballots aren't safe (even though that's what he does himself)
Trump hires a big donor as the new head of the post office, just as it becomes clear that mail ballots will be crucial.
The donor announces he's discarding mail-sorting machines and cutting worker hours.
Mail has been shown to have slowed down.

How willfully blind can you get?

Old 08-28-2020, 07:43 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'm so impressed with foreign liberal Marxist and what they think, I flush it down the sewer daily !!!
So please don't tell me I don't give a @#$%^@ because I do !!!
And apparently you have a plentiful supply of it to give as well.

Old 08-28-2020, 07:59 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
So you think there is no connection between the facts that:

Trump has been bad-mouthing the post office
Trump has been pretending that mail-in ballots aren't safe (even though that's what he does himself)
Trump hires a big donor as the new head of the post office, just as it becomes clear that mail ballots will be crucial.
The donor announces he's discarding mail-sorting machines and cutting worker hours.
Mail has been shown to have slowed down.

How willfully blind can you get?
Dang!! Another vast right wing conspiracy and I missed it completely.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:00 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
American elections are NOT UK business, all this talk on the comments sections of one of the links (NY Times I think), talk of 'failing UK' is (probably) wishful thinking by Europeans, Remainers, and the people of this world that simply don't like us Britons (we don't care). The reality is that ANY trade deals are beneficial, they are beneficial to BOTH parties (or else they would simply not get done). If anybody thinks that ANY nation is going to avoid doing deals to the detriment of their own 'pockets' then they really don't know what drives humanity (here is a clue £, or $ if you like). Scotland is not leaving the UK, N. Ireland is not leaving the UK, the NHS is not going to be 'sold down the river' & the people in the UK are NOT starving in the streets and won't be forced to eat 'chlorinated chicken'! lol, and as for all this 'UK is no longer a 'World Power' bollox, as a nuclear armed country I doubt it has much to fear in a 'military sense' so just how 'powerful' do you have to be exactly? Whoever wins the US elections will know that Britian is 'open for business' and if they (the President in US) wants a mutually beneficial 'Trade Deal' they can have one and everyone wins a little, if not then everyone loses a little but there are MANY countries in this world to trade with and that goes for all nations that want to trade, and believe me nations want to trade! As for the 'special relationship' well for some perhaps, for others perhaps not but I don't know many countries that share their popular culture quite as closely, perhaps that says something. As a side note people in the UK generally hold people in the US, Canada (other Anglo nations) in very high regard.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:16 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm used to Trump supporters claiming that all reality counter to Trump's narrative "fake" or a "hoax," but I hadn't realized that some extreme people think even the postal scandal is fake - even with the fact that Trump has been ranting against mail-in ballots, appointed a crony-donor to supervise the USPS, and that donor proceeded to quickly dismantle existing systems, as the mail did indeed slow.

And you may indeed have seen Russian collusion pop up because the Senate report just confirmed it.

You would have a good point if it weren't bull ****.

The postal service has been delivering fewer letters every year since 2001.

That's about the last time I purchased stamps...remember those?

https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/po...since-1926.htm

"Nationally, the number of collection boxes declined by more than 12,000 in the past 5 years. Some customers have complained the U.S. Postal Service has gone too far and removed too many collection boxes in neighborhoods. They’ve also questioned whether this effort is saving USPS money in the long run. It’s a tough balancing act for the Postal Service. Some collection boxes are barely used and are expensive to maintain. On the other hand, mail collection boxes are a visible representation of the Postal Service to the American public, and their disappearance has been noted. They also are reliable, secure, and convenient receptacles for mail. As part of its efforts to keep its collection infrastructure proportionate to customers’ needs at a reasonable cost, the Postal Service has eliminated underused collection boxes that on average receive fewer than 25 pieces a day; it has also added collection boxes where they are convenient for customers."

https://www.uspsoig.gov/blog/where-h...ion-boxes-gone

Fewer letters (about half) means fewer mail boxes and decommissioned letter sorters, but don't let me interrupt your latest conspiracy theory/excuse for losing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies