Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 05:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,686,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Democrats really shouldn’t complain about how we “treated” Obama when you consider how they’ve vilified and demonized Trump.
Which came first?

And did people really think the birther nonsense, etc. would all just be forgotten, particularly when y’all elected the guy who was the biggest cheerleader?

Old 08-24-2020, 06:07 AM

6,258 posts, read 5,064,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The MAGAS expect us non Trump supporters to have respect for the president Trump I hear it all the time if you don't respect Trump least respect the office he holds.

They also do not like criticism of Trump and you're labelled TDS if you speak out with that said. Do the MAGAS regret any of the lies or slander they perpetrated against Obama such as the birther thing, him being a Muslim, Kenyan slandering his wife calling him a illegitimate president hes gonna take away my guns sharia law nonsense?

I will give Trump some credit where credit is due for the prison reform, the right to try drugs, some deregulation etc.

Will the MAGAS say anything positive about Obama? hold in the hate and anger and just try to say something postive
1. I voted for Trump the first time and will be voting for him again this time.

2. When Obama became president the first time I wished him well. He was the president. He was MY president. And if he did well, we would all do well. By the middle of his second term I couldn't stand to look at his face and couldn't stand the sound of his voice.

3. I never engaged in stupid slander of him - no stupid birther stuff, no Muslim or Kenyan stuff, no disrespecting his wife or his children. The Sharia Law stuff was stupid. I was watchful in terms of gun control or confiscation and have no doubt that if he hadn't lost over 1000 seats in his party during his tenure that he would have moved on that issue. I just voted against him to no avail, and was extraordinarily relieved when he was finally gone.

4. I cannot think of any policy off hand for which I approved during his tenure, but will continue to follow this thread and see if anything comes up that I didn't think of before responding.

5. My feelings about his presidency are almost entirely negative. Those negative feelings have only been reinforced since his tenure ended.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:04 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,369,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Shouldn't you mention the specific event for which they (we) must apologize? Or are you just looking for a general apology heaved in Obama's general direction....
you know.
if we say stuff like "the individual mandate is wrong" that's racists and more hatefult to Obama than when the leftys say stuff like Trump has sex with his daughter... which is justified.

that's what the OP is trying to say here. we need to apologize

Old 08-24-2020, 07:52 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,340,048 times
Quote:
The MAGAS expect us non Trump supporters to have respect for the president Trump I hear it all the time if you don't respect Trump least respect the office he holds.

They also do not like criticism of Trump and you're labelled TDS if you speak out with that said. Do the MAGAS regret any of the lies or slander they perpetrated against Obama such as the birther thing, him being a Muslim, Kenyan slandering his wife calling him a illegitimate president hes gonna take away my guns sharia law nonsense?

I will give Trump some credit where credit is due for the prison reform, the right to try drugs, some deregulation etc.

Will the MAGAS say anything positive about Obama? hold in the hate and anger and just try to say something postive
I don't mind criticism of Trump at all and I don't think most supporters do. What I do mind is unwarranted criticism or it being delivered disrespectfully. I have my own criticisms of him i.e. I hate the way he disrespects others and his Twitter rants. I think I'd take peoples criticisms a lot more seriously if they'd be honest. Saying that all COVID deaths are solely his fault is just dishonest and wrong. There were a LOT of mistakes made early on that he had no control over i.e. the lab developing the testing got contaminated which set us back in getting testing out. How was that his fault? Claiming his tax cut only helped the rich is just not true and anyone honest knows this. I'd also take people's criticism more seriously if they'd also admit to his successes as well i.e. Right to Try, First Step Act, etc. You gave him credit for these but from my observation, most anti Trumpers give him zero credit for anything and blame everything wrong in the world on him.

As far as Obama goes, I voted for him and completely supported him during his first term. I hated republicans who wouldn't give him a chance from the very beginning just like I hated democrats that didn't give Trump a chance from the beginning. The people spoke and both Obama and Trump were elected as a result. As Americans, we should have accepted the results of both elections and supported both until they gave us a reason not to.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:16 AM

62,846 posts, read 29,085,707 times
I never attacked Obama as a person by making juvenile comments as "tar man bad" as the left makes statements like "orange man bad. I'm a little more grown up than that I didn't like his policies and the fact that he was a Democrat. His race was irrelevant to me. As for the claims of racism against Obama that's just silly for most of us as Obama is half white also. When did adults become such children and politics filled with so much hatred?

Old 08-24-2020, 08:18 AM

34,216 posts, read 18,550,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I think Obama should apologize to US.
Yes he should and he was not treated poorly like Trump has been. Not even close in comparison. Between "Fundamental Transformation" which showed he hated America, "You didn't build that", and Obamacare, he insulted American citizens. His polices and rhetoric were a disaster.

He got the wealth he wanted by using our political system. He and other Democrats think they are the new Royalty. They are in for a rude awakening.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:10 AM

2,774 posts, read 901,388 times
Quote:
Apparently you never heard of Ted nugent and what he threatened to do. And he was invited to the WH.
Did he carry a fake severed head of Obama around?

Old 08-24-2020, 09:38 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,757,135 times
NO, and why should they? Read this to understand WHY Obama and the Dems owe the US a HUGE, GIANT apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.