Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 11:48 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Biden is for sending all of our jobs to China which he has done before. He says union, he means China..
Meanwhile, Trump encourages buying Made In China tires by boycotting Goodyear tires. It's important to understand there isn't much difference between the Democrat and Republican parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Yeah. Reading a lot of the liberal sided posts here, it's pretty obvious these folks just watch CNN, MSNBC, and the ABC/CBS/NBC affiliates. They get their talking points from them (sadly).

These channels all repeat the same anti-Trump narrative script that "orange man bad," "orange man racist" and "orange man evil" 24/7/365.

These folks need to shut off the tv news and research. They are being led astray, like sheep.
LOL, I get some of my news, really opinions, though, from Alex Jones and his InfoWars. That is where Roger Stone said Trump will not win by a landslide, is currently running behind and needs to focus more on his campaign.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:53 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://townhall.com/columnists/wayn...ctory-n2574809

I was waiting on someone to put all those things together in 1 article, its true but I don't expect the TDS inflicted to even read it much less agree with it. As much as I despised Bush and Obama I NEVER came unhinged like so many have with Trump.
The very first point in the article:

"Polls show an overwhelming majority of Americans don't want to defund police."

Since Biden has gone on record as being against defunding the police, and has pointed out that Trump actually IS defunding police, then this should sterr voters to Biden, right?

Old 08-24-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I don't think Trump will win, but now that Kellyanne and George will be stepping away from their 'non social media megaphones' (The White House, and The Lincoln Project), I wonder what might be forthcoming from them if Trump won ?

Would they respond/issue statements/a statement ?
If Republicans put on an awesome enough convention, then you'll know it by Trump taking over the lead in the polls.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Right here is the key takeaway. The democrats are toast.

Finally, there's the Democratic National Convention. After hearing from all the big guns -- Michelle and Barack Obama; Bill and Hillary Clinton; Jill Biden; and Harris -- Thursday's Rasmussen poll shows Trump moving from 47% to 51% approval. Clearly, the more Democrats speak, the more voters are repelled.
LOL, 51% is way too close for comfort. The debates haven't even started.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:59 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It wasn't me View Post
We know for a fact that some right wing extremists have infiltrated in these protests.
And we also know for a fact that the vast majority of protesters are aligned with either BLM or Antifa, both of which are left-wing movements.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:18 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If Republicans put on an awesome enough convention, then you'll know it by Trump taking over the lead in the polls.

The people that have come around and seen he's a crook, liar, and handles everything through corruption, which are many and the reason for his poor numbers. Are not simply going to think, now he's a saint. For him, reality has a way of coming around and biting you in the ***.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:31 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetV123 View Post
Agreed! For some reason Trump supporters (not all but many) chicken out when it comes to polls and lie. Perhaps they know they're on the wrong side?
Perhaps they don't want the angry left to know that they are supporting Trump. You know, because they don't want their property vandalized? Or their Trump signs stolen, etc.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:12 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You wouldn't trade lives with the richest black person in America. What does that say about you?

And I suspect you hide behind religion--like Trump does.

Reverend Dr. Barbara Brown Taylor, Butman Professor of Religion, Piedmont College, Demorest, GA.

Such is what the most powerful evil man in America practices against his own people--because, like you, black lives don't matter.

It says I don't want to be Oprah Winfrey, I guess...

More to life than money, however, given the chance, I would like to experience being legally protected against discrimination in employment, education, etc.

Now, the question to you is would you be willing to give up the legal protections you enjoy just to be a white male?

Oh, and you don't get to pick some wealthy white male to be.

You're just Joe Blow nobody.

Sound good?

Last edited by momonkey; 08-24-2020 at 04:26 PM..

Old 08-24-2020, 05:20 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Biden does not support defunding the police though. That is a lie made up by Trump.
Amazing- democrats, when faced with democrat policies they cannot support or rationalize, simply deny they exist.

It appears this is how democrat voters cope with democrat political insanity and remain loyal party members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies