Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 07:55 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,850 times

Advertisements

https://townhall.com/columnists/wayn...ctory-n2574809

I was waiting on someone to put all those things together in 1 article, its true but I don't expect the TDS inflicted to even read it much less agree with it. As much as I despised Bush and Obama I NEVER came unhinged like so many have with Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 08:02 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,839,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post

I was waiting on someone to put all those things together in 1 article, its true but I don't expect the TDS inflicted to even read it much less agree with it. As much as I despised Bush and Obama I NEVER came unhinged like so many have with Trump.
Quite a refreshing, common-sense article, given the persistent diatribe of the lame stream media!

Old 08-23-2020, 08:03 PM

18,744 posts, read 7,613,748 times

Polls show an overwhelming majority of Americans don't want to defund police. They want law and order. They support police. Even 80 percent of black voters overwhelmingly disagree with defunding police.

Does anyone with a brain or common sense think this is a good sign for Joe Biden or Democrats? Do you think all these Americans who support the police, want more law and order, and want more police funding are leaning to "law and order Trump" or "defund the police Joe Biden"?

Polls show 83 percent of Americans support President Trump and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson's ending of former President Obama's program designed to fill the suburbs with high-density low-income housing, bringing crime and drugs to the neighborhoods of suburban moms and dads.

Does anyone with a brain or common sense think this is a good sign for Biden or Democrats? Do you think these millions of suburban American homeowners who don't want to see their home value destroyed or their neighborhood turned into war zones like Chicago, Detroit or Baltimore are going to vote enthusiastically for Joe Biden?

And on and on, point after point.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:04 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
The debates (if they occur) will seal off any doubt.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:08 PM

340 posts, read 123,994 times
Biden does not support defunding the police though. That is a lie made up by Trump.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:10 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Biden does not support defunding the police though. That is a lie made up by Trump.
The entire left with their support for BLM endorses this. What are you smoking?

Old 08-23-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Joe Biden said in an interview Wednesday that some funding should “absolutely” be redirected from police, amid calls from some in his party to “defund the police” in the wake of the protests across the country. Biden’s campaign has said he does not support defunding the police. But in a Now This interview with activist Ady Barkan, the presumptive Democratic nominee said that police forces don’t need surplus military equipment, saying this is what leads them to “become the enemy” in a community.
“But do we agree that we can redirect some of the [police] funding?” Barkan asked Biden.
“Yes, absolutely,” said the former vice president.

Twist it however you want "reallocating" "redirecting" is the same as defunding them.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:15 PM

According to the Brookings Institute, a liberal think-tank, “‘Defund the police’ means reallocating or redirecting funding away from the police department to other government agencies funded by the local municipality. That’s it. It’s that simple. Defund does not mean abolish policing.”

Old 08-23-2020, 08:21 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Then you should be OK with a president Biden too. At least you have that.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Then you should be OK with a president Biden too. At least you have that.
Oh Biden I could deal with for 4 years IF he didn't have the most leftist member of the senate as his running mate just waiting to become President. That right there is the biggest problem. Especially if it was Biden as president and the GOP had the senate. Pft go ahead he won't get much done but with Kamala as his VP no way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies