Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 10:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's disturbing that some are attempting to normalize this level of behavior. Kids commit suicide and everyone asks "why"? Parents and other adults don't want to take responsibility so they trivialize these kids problems. They are begging for discipline and adult guidance and they get adults blowing it off as just kids being kids.
This.

There is absolutely nothing normal about this young lady’s cries for emancipation.
Nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 11:06 AM
bu2

24,069 posts, read 14,859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Kellyanne Conway and George Conway must be constantly at war.

In the meantime, they forgot about their kids.

Kellyanne spent 4 years preaching while at the same time neglected her own daughter. Horrible woman. I can't stand her.
You'd worship her if she ran Hillary's campaign and put her in the White House.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
You need to exorcise Hilary from your head. This type of obsession is unhealthy.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:38 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Kellyanne Conway and George Conway must be constantly at war.
Their public personas disagree, but AFAICT, it's just a con. They'll say anything if the check clears. Easy money, you just have to remove any integrity and ethics that might have weighed you down.

It's probably not very nice to grow up with a mother who lies for a living, though. How do you imbue values in your kids if your job is to be in TV and demonstrate complete willingness to abandon truth and decency?

Old 08-25-2020, 01:35 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,801,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Their public personas disagree, but AFAICT, it's just a con. They'll say anything if the check clears. Easy money, you just have to remove any integrity and ethics that might have weighed you down.

It's probably not very nice to grow up with a mother who lies for a living, though. How do you imbue values in your kids if your job is to be in TV and demonstrate complete willingness to abandon truth and decency?
That's my sense also.

Personally I'd rather be happy with the person I have to face in the mirror every day, and I've tried to impart that to my son.

There are so many trump sycophants whom I am sure know better, and I don't know how they live with themselves and what they say to their kids.

Old 08-25-2020, 01:42 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Again, I think the Conways went into it knowing it was just a gig/job for Kellyanne even given their misgivings about working for Trump. They felt they could do it like the Carvilles.

I think that both underestimated the extent of how extreme Trump was as a character and how he operates - and the tension that they thought they could manage over, just got too much, and blew over into their family life.

Old 08-25-2020, 01:44 PM

33,298 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
That's my sense also.

Personally I'd rather be happy with the person I have to face in the mirror every day, and I've tried to impart that to my son.

There are so many trump sycophants whom I am sure know better, and I don't know how they live with themselves and what they say to their kids.

I wonder what percentage of the Trump synchofants on this forum are parents, and among those who are, what percentage of those are out to their kids as Trump supporters .

Old 08-25-2020, 01:47 PM
bu2

24,069 posts, read 14,859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
You need to exorcise Hilary from your head. This type of obsession is unhealthy.
To make you happy, the poster above who was expressing her hate for Kellyanne would worship her if she had run Obama's campaign.

Is that acceptable to you?

Old 08-25-2020, 04:19 PM

10,519 posts, read 6,156,619 times
Quote:
Absolutely wrong.

I have ethics, unlike Kellyanne.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:23 PM

10,519 posts, read 6,156,619 times
Quote:
To make you happy, the poster above who was expressing her hate for Kellyanne would worship her if she had run Obama's campaign.

Is that acceptable to you?
What?

You're not even making any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies