Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 09:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

This ain’t gonna go down too well.

Justified or not, this country has turned the corner on police shooting people. Every nation has people that resist arrest...that’s not an American phenomenon. I lived in Europe for 13 years and I saw people resist police power ALL THE TIME! But somehow, it rarely if ever resulted in death. In the United States, shooting citizens is not a last option for police. It’s right near the top of the option list.

Of course, police can show amazing restraint when they want to. Like the white guy who not only fired his AK47 at the clerks in a cigar store, but then got into a shootout at his home with the cops (with the same AK47} and somehow walked away with a leg wound.

Go figure.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...outputType=amp

Old 08-23-2020, 09:52 PM

1,081 posts, read 548,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
JUSTIFIED.
You got two cops with guns drawn on you giving you lawful verbal commands. You choose to walk away from them and go to your vehicle, possibly reaching for something inside.
You chose poorly.
It doesnt matter if he was actually reaching for a gun or not. Cop doesnt know that.
Takeaway: When cops have their weapons drawn on you, do what they tell you to do.
I bet when this guy was a little kid he didnt do what teachers and parents told him to do.
Lets also note that Wisconsin is a legal concealed carry state. Anyone over 18 no permit required. Live by the gun. Die by the gun.
FYI: Wisconsin is an open carry state with no permit required. Permits are required for concealed carry.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Amazing how they do not follow orders by police!! Then they cry about being shot I mean what the hell!!
That’s right. Obey Massuh!!

Old 08-23-2020, 09:55 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, cops were called for a "domestic incident" meaning his closest family/loved ones called 911 for help defending themselves against him.

AND, he's still alive. It might be time for his family to remind him how to behave once he gets out of the hospital.

Don't assault your family, and when the call cops for help, don't dismiss their orders.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...13ca36de4.html
Where did you get that account of events from?

Old 08-23-2020, 09:55 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s right. Obey Massuh!!
Then you get what you deserve if you dont

Old 08-23-2020, 09:56 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:

Justified or not, this country has turned the corner on police shooting people. Every nation has people that resist arrest...that’s not an American phenomenon. I lived in Europe for 13 years and I saw people resist police power ALL THE TIME! But somehow, it rarely if ever resulted in death. In the United States, shooting citizens is not a last option for police. It’s right near the top of the option list.
Do you think this was just simple resisting arrest?

Old 08-23-2020, 09:59 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,862,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, cops were called for a "domestic incident" meaning his closest family/loved ones called 911 for help defending themselves against him.

AND, he's still alive. It might be time for his family to remind him how to behave once he gets out of the hospital.

Don't assault your family, and when the call cops for help, don't dismiss their orders.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...13ca36de4.html
What are you talking about??? Lord. He broke up a fight between 2 women. His fiance is in the video screaming after he was shot. Read the article you posted & stop making stuff up.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:01 PM

223 posts, read 153,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpastures23 View Post
https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/23/white...n-seven-times/

I can maybe see the argument he was reaching for a weapon. Doesn't look good though
He was determined to go back to his car for some reason. Not good.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:05 PM

8,174 posts, read 6,924,107 times
I didn't hear the officers say anything...wouldn't you have heard them yelling orders if they feared for their life? The whole thing just looked a bit bizarre.

Why didn't they taze the guy?
What the heck was happening there?

Old 08-23-2020, 10:05 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
When did this happen? Do you have some breaking news about his condition the rest of us don't?
Ah yea, my mistake, I thought I read he was killed, but he is in serious condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
How do you know what the cops said? You can't hear in the audio. Also the man is still alive but in critical condition at a hospital.

Pretty classy calling someone who is likely in the ICU right now fighting for his life "an idiot."
I have no idea what the cops said, but I can reasonably assume they were not telling him to go and get in his car.

Quote:

Of course, police can show amazing restraint when they want to. Like the white guy who not only fired his AK47 at the clerks in a cigar store, but then got into a shootout at his home with the cops (with the same AK47} and somehow walked away with a leg wound.

Go figure.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...outputType=amp
Europe has the fraction of firearm violence and violence in general the US has. Cops in Europe are not generally exposed to violence, firearm violence, on a frequent basis like those in the US. Hell, I wonder how many cops in the US are killed and injured each year compared to those in the EU?

If you lived there for 13 years, you should know there are some pretty stark cultural differences in regards to violence.

And yea, police have shown amazing restraint with blacks also who commit firearm violence, what is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies