Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2020, 06:00 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,755,137 times

Advertisements

77 yes all 100% false positive. Please tell me again how we are suppose to believe this Covid nonsense

Quote:

The NFL had 77 positive COVID-19 tests from 11 teams re-examined by a New Jersey lab after false positives, and all those tests came back negative.

https://www.wpri.com/nfl/nfl-has-77-...ign=socialflow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 06:15 AM

20,102 posts, read 16,046,926 times
One does have to wonder how many false positives are out there. I imagine the number is sky high. No one has yet to adequately explain how we took a sudden massive leap in children with positives a two to three weeks before schools were supposed to start opening up or labs with 100% or almost 100% positive results. And, oh, amazingly none of those folks had symptoms or symptoms so mild it might have been a garden variety cold (which for those who have forgotten, is also a Corona virus).

Old 08-24-2020, 07:12 AM

21,678 posts, read 24,850,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
One does have to wonder how many false positives are out there. I imagine the number is sky high. No one has yet to adequately explain how we took a sudden massive leap in children with positives a two to three weeks before schools were supposed to start opening up or labs with 100% or almost 100% results.
Haven't heard about labs with 100% positives.

I imagine the NFL is like baseball which tests pretty much daily. Maybe less often for NFL as they play less often and that they haven't started playing yet, but they have, as the article mentions, access to daily testing and results. Helps to be the rich and famous. Took two weeks to get tested when I had an exposure from work in July. Ideally I'd completely quarantine until results. Not a huge deal if that's a couple days to do that. If we're trying to open things back up though and it takes two weeks to get results and everything shuts down because Steve in accounting tested positive, yeah, doesn't work.

At this point everyone has lockdown fatigue. I know in May/June before it blew up again kids were out selling candy bars in front of the grocery store without masks every time I went shopping. That's here which is fairly compliant with there's enough parents that are fine having their kid out in the middle of it selling candy bars for basketball camp or cheer leading camp or whatever they're fundraising for. Seemed nuts to me but they're not my kids. At the same time though, yeah, if I had kids I wouldn't completely lock them down for six months either. If they wanted to play with neighborhood kids I'd probably find some generally responsible parents (e.g., not the ones taking their kids to sell candy bars in front of the grocery store without masks), and let them do it. It's worse for kids than it is me and I went back to doing weekend group rides months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies