Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 10:39 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
No, he did not.

Maybe they engineered a bump for him, but nobody changed their minds based on that convention.
Yes, he did. Google it.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bide...ry?id=72544897
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 10:41 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
OK, you know what? If he got a boost, I don't believe it to be real, but yes, the numbers show a slight boost. I just am wary of polls writ large.

But that was a change from Saturday, when there had been no boost. I wonder how much oversampling of democrats had to occur to provide this boost.

Small oversampling of blacks and Hispanics may have provided the boost.

"This poll is based on a nationally representative probability sample of 714 general population adults age 18 or older with small oversamples among Black and Hispanic respondents."

Old 08-24-2020, 10:41 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Humorous Thread.

BREAKING NEWS

There is a PanicDemic .... virtual conventions for both Republicans AND Democrats.
Reading is Fundamental (at least for a few of us ). Neither Party voted on a new Party Platform.

The difference is that the RNC said so up front & explained why.
The DNC wrote an 80 page grievance ORANGE MAN BAD!!! And pretended it was a was Party Platform.
I read that 80 page Wish List ... about the only thing they missed was promising a maid to come clean my house daily .... FREE of course

Check out the DNC website — follow the Link to the DNC
Platform.

OMG

Party Platform
This party platform was voted on and passed by our membership at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia in 2016. The platform will be updated and re-approved at the 2020 Democratic National Convention.

Except... they didn’t VOTE on it, the 80 page Wish List is a non-approved DRAFT
That’s probably why the DNC website shows the 2016 Platform.
You still didn't answer. Is the republican platform simply "Elect us - We'll tell you later what we're going to do."?

Or, as Dirty Harry would paraphrase it, "Are you feeling lucky today...?"

Old 08-24-2020, 11:02 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Question: What are they going to do differently, and why haven't they done it in the past 4 years while they have been in power? We know what we got (look around), and its not pretty, so what are they going to do differently. Blame game is not a solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
What can you do with an ideologically divided government? I mean, democrats impeached the president over the perception of a quid-pro-quo while Biden actually committed an action of quid-pro-quo, same country, to get the heat off his POS kid. That's the peak of hypocrisy.

I would like to see the federal government help citizens create enormous class action lawsuits against politicians and municipalities that have broken the compact between taxpayers and the government. Citizens expect and demand protection from the very things they allow to go on and the only thing the feds can do is to get in their pocketbook.

If I was Trump, I'd highlight and double the efforts to lower prescription drug costs. Show the work. Show the effort. Define where the breakdowns are. I bet they are with democrats trying to deny Trump any victory in his term(s).

ANY policy is better than what the democrats have. They have zilch, nada.
Still no answer......

Anyone else?

Question: What are they going to do differently, and why haven't they done it in the past 4 years while they have been in power? We know what we got (look around), and its not pretty, so what are they going to do differently. Blame game is not a solution.

Trump just made a speech where he said we'll get what we are getting today if we vote for Biden. If Biden wins, everything will be his fault from day one, but the difference is that Biden would actually accept the responsibility.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:23 AM

30,142 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why didn't they include those policies in the platform? Are they afraid someone will hold them to their promises?

They actually have about 70 pages of platform online from 2016. It appears they are just repeating that one. They have been too busy fighting the pandemic to do a new one. OK, well maybe that is not the reason.

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/medi...1468872234.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies