Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2020, 05:49 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Oh, dear....and you believe he could or would actually act on all of this or actually achieve any of it? Gee, someone went to a lot of trouble to think of and create a list to cover anything possible in order to have him appear impressive. After all, he is all about appearances.

This list would be unrealistic for even the most capable, experienced and accomplished person to achieve, let alone the most incapable, uncaring and inauthentic guy in existence, accomplishing nothing positive or of substance in 4 years.
The first thing I noticed is there is nothing but empty words on the list, with no ideas or plans to accomplish any of the agenda. It looks impressive to the uneducated voter, but it's all for show.

Old 08-28-2020, 05:59 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would hope that a president would comply with his own guidelines and set an example.
Oh, just him, though? All the state governors and city mayors are exempt I guess from your high standards?

Old 08-28-2020, 06:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Right. Trump still touts a single action he sort-of did in late January, when it’s his failure in the following 6 months that put our country at the bottom of the civilized world. If Biden had been president, the pandemic plan and people in charge of it wouldn’t be fired before a pandemic. We wouldn’t have defunded the World Health Organization in the middle of a pandemic. We wouldn’t have shortened enrollment and reduced access to ACA health care in the middle of a pandemic. We would certainly be better off, to what degree is not clear — the pandemic is still with us, so the extent of the damage by the current administration is not entirely known.
Defunding the WHO was a good, not bad thing and as for, if Biden had been in charge the pandemic would have been different, have you forgotten what Biden said about the virus early on?

Old 08-28-2020, 06:02 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I enjoyed the convention. it was uplifting to hear so many stories from regular americans. conventions don't win elections, but it was so good to hear good news and words for a hopeful future for america.

i've read this morning that menacing protesters harassed attendees as they left the final night of the convention, including senator rand paul, and police had to step in to protect him. did the mainstream press cover the mob's intimidation and threatening behavior? the threatening behavior of the mob put an exclamation point on trump's words in his acceptance speech: this is the most important election ever in our history.

will american voters choose what trump has offered or progressivism/mob rule? in less than three months we will know.

Old 08-28-2020, 06:03 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
The convention speakers have been great all week. Definitely an uplifting event.

Those fireworks, though. Holy crap I have never seen anything like it. That was beyond dazzling!

Old 08-28-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh no, I watched. He took his hands off the podium to clap. Then he had to steady himself with hands firmly planted on the podium which he does all the time. Biden never hugs the podium like Trump does
I think you should go back and check plus many speakers keep their hands on the podium while speaking. I can't believe you are tying to use this as a reason to doubt his health. As for Biden, we haven't seen him our that often in the last 6 moths to notice how he reacts to a podium.

Old 08-28-2020, 06:09 AM

566 posts, read 592,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakin View Post
and biden is still locked away in the basement being fed his daily soup and jello.

B.- biggest
i. - idiot
d. - democrats
e. - ever
n. - nominated
:d

Old 08-28-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I read this list and wondered how anyone with an IQ above a potato could believe this BS.

- Cover All Pre-Existing Conditions?
- Protect Social Security and Medicare?

Good grief, Trump is actively trying to undermine both.

His administration is involved in a lawsuit to eliminate ACA, eliminating protection for pre-existing conditions.

As to protecting SS and Medicare, please. He is actively working to undermine funding for both.
And where are you getting the idea he is working on a way to undermine SS and medicare? pre existing conditions that is a hot potato for sure. I can add to this; SS does need some adjustments and I am a senior living, primarily on SS plus a small pension.

Old 08-28-2020, 06:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
If Trump has a plan to bring law, order, peace - he should implement it now. Why wait to see if he is elected

Old 08-28-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
TV ratings for the RNC down some 25% from DNC.
Where are you getting your figures? Either way the viewing of both conventions was way down and for obvious reasons: they weren't worth watching the way they were handled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies