Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 01:43 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I found the actual letter outlines possible violation of the Hatch act. https://castro.house.gov/imo/media/d...0Biegen%20.pdf
You have got him now!!!!

Old 08-26-2020, 01:45 PM

Nicholas Sandmann, telling it like it is at the RNC last night. See for yourselves:

Old 08-26-2020, 01:47 PM

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron is a rising star. I had not heard him speak. Very charismatic, poised and smart. Remember the name, because he is impressive and on his way:

Old 08-26-2020, 01:53 PM

Revenge of the Normies

Trump sent many reporters and commentators into a fury when he pardoned a former convict and presided over a naturalization ceremony in the middle of the convention. But the whole thing worked, both as political theater and as campaign strategy. Trump's interactions with normal Americans humanize him and allow him to display rarely seen compassion and to utilize his self-deprecating sense of humor. And the men and women highlighted in these two segments are living rebukes to the critical narratives surrounding Trump on race and immigration.

Trump's exchanges with each of the new Americans were charming and amusing. After he finished reading aloud the resume of a new U.S. citizen from Lebanon who is a multilingual psychologist, Trump quipped, "In other words, she can figure me out." Everyone in the room laughed.

Trump welcomed the new citizens to "the great American family." They fit right into this vast, bumptious, diverse, energetic, incomprehensible place. So far, the RNC has served as a reminder that for all of the ravages of the coronavirus, the economic fallout, protests that turn into riots, political correctness, and rising crime, most Americans remain proud of their country. They are eager to work to better their condition. And they are uninterested in the social and cultural agendas of the progressive left.

At the RNC's midpoint, Democrats have reason to worry. The convention has gone more smoothly and winningly than conventional wisdom anticipated. President Trump has stayed on message. The race, already close in the battlegrounds, is sure to tighten. The revenge of the normies may be at hand.

{More at the link}

Old 08-26-2020, 02:01 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Also, let me remind you that this is currently trump's America and trump owns the civil unrest right now. Biden is not currently in an elected position of power.
Exactly how can Trump own the civil unrest when the Democrat mayors refuse to let him send the feds in to restore peace? He doesn't own it, but is unfairly being blamed for it. What exactly would you like him to do?

Never mind....don't answer it. No matter what he does or doesn't do, he would be criticized for it. He can do no right in the left's view.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:11 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Trump doesn’t own the civil unrest, the Dems are to blame. Peaceful protest my ass.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Trump doesn’t own the civil unrest, the Dems are to blame. Peaceful protest my ass.
These extremely uncivilized, violent people are responsible for their own attitudes and their own actions, regardless of how hard they and their supporters try to shift that responsibility onto others.

Case closed.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:20 PM

302 posts, read 182,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Exactly how can Trump own the civil unrest when the Democrat mayors refuse to let him send the feds in to restore peace? He doesn't own it, but is unfairly being blamed for it. What exactly would you like him to do?

Never mind....don't answer it. No matter what he does or doesn't do, he would be criticized for it. He can do no right in the left's view.

This reminds me of Katrina when the incompetent New Orleans Mayor and incompetent Louisiana Governor, both dems, refused to request Federal help. To this day Bush is blamed for Katrina when the fault lies with the dem leaders.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:23 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelliebell View Post
This reminds me of Katrina when the incompetent New Orleans Mayor and incompetent Louisiana Governor, both dems, refused to request Federal help. To this day Bush is blamed for Katrina when the fault lies with the dem leaders.
"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."

Old 08-26-2020, 02:27 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Democrats opened an investigation into it:
Pompeo Under House Investigation For Israel-Based RNC Speech Over Ethics Concerns

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews.../#4c9490ec79e7

I doubt its illegal.
Correct. Employees of the Govt cannot campaign but an Appointee is not an Employee. There is a difference.

Obama had 5 Appointees speak up for him in 2012. Dems are again wasting their time and $$.

FYI also Obama did TV Commercials from the White House so that argument is a dead duck also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies