Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 06:37 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Was MLK pro abortion, or pro birth control? There's a difference.

Sanger was definitely pro-eugenics. Those she deemed as poor, weak, and unfit she wanted sterilization. I don't know - were black folk highly esteemed in the early 20th century?

Whatever the case may be - today's Democrats don't care. They need as much racial division from the right that they can get. And the have to bury any possibility from racism from the left. So Sanger has to go... but they can't leave any tracks.

Here's a typed letter from Sanger about her Negro project. She seeks to gain trust, but doesn't want to be exposed about wanting to exterminate the Negro population.

https://libex.smith.edu/omeka/files/original/d6358bc3053c93183295bf2df1c0c931.pdf

If you read that sentence in the context of the entire letter it is clear that she does not want anyone to misinterpret the project as an effort to "exterminate the Negro population". She says that the (black) minister is the one who can "straighten out that idea if it ever occurs".

If she were really planning to try to "exterminate the Negro population" then, according to that letter, she would be enlisting the aid of a Negro physician and a Negro minister to do it. Do you really think they would go along with it? Why on earth would she write it down on paper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 11:22 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Yah. Look @ that sentence very carefully. Sanger had a whole crew of typists, stenographers, writers, clerks. Lots of her correspondence was typed, after she dictated it. She knew her letters & writing were going into archives, into a record.

So if her opinions on the work were clandestine, Why would she commit them to a written record? Honestly ....

You've missed the point of her work. She wanted families & women to have control of their own reproductive lives. To have all the children they wanted, or none @ all - if that's what they wanted.

TMK, she thought that families that could afford to properly bring up more children, should have more children. But even that was a recommendation; she didn't seek power in order to enforce that recommendation.
Yah - she was a real woman of the people.

Maybe you missed this post. How do you want to spin this one?

Quote:
Regarding the underlined... not true.

More letters here.

An excerpt from 1950

As to your questions: A. Where the present need of financial support is most needed, and B. What the present prospects are in contraceptive research. I will answer B. first because I consider that the world and almost our civilization for the next twenty-five years, is going to depend upon a simple, cheap, safe contraceptive to be used in poverty stricken slums, jungles, and among the most ignorant people. Even this will not be sufficient, because I believe that now, immediately, there should be national sterilization for certain dysgenic types of our population who are being encouraged to breed and would die out were the government not feeding them.
There's a reason they are quietly removing her presence.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:52 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Planned Parenthood and BLM can never be used in the same sentence...ever ever ever.

Some would argue that PP is great because Buffy the wealthy girl from the suburbs can erase her "little mistake" or go get an STD test. So PP gets a free pass. Fair enough.

But once people pull out the microscope and find out the true reasons why PP exists, most would be shocked. It is population control at it's finest and good percentage of the the babies that they are eliminating don't live in Buffy's neighborhood if you know what I'm talking about.
I think we do know what you're talking about, but since we're all politically correct here, let's go no further.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:08 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Don't like rape? Don't rape someone, but according to YOUR LOGIC ... it'd be perfectly OK for someone else to do it.

Epic. Logic. Fail.
I am 100 percent pro choice but using rape as a defense to that post is ridiculous. If you are unfortunately raped the hospital will give you a rape kit and a plan B pill which is also available at most drug stores. Planned Parenthood is mostly for non rape abortion and family planning services for folks who are poor.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:12 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Infanticide? What child was killed? That's a crime, & you should report it.

The same for murder.

Of course, under Roe v. Wade, an abortion under the guidelines of Roe isn't murder. & no infant is harmed - Roe holds that the fetus isn't a legal person (doesn't meet the legal definition) until it's born. Then it's a baby, then it has legal rights.

And as we all know, government officials never got the personhood thing wrong...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonperson

Old 08-25-2020, 04:38 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Lots of things I don’t want my tax dollars going to. I have no problem with them taking the name down. Sander has been dead for decades.
So has Henry Ford, but we still drive his cars.

Last I heard, no one was chiselling his name off the new line-up.

Sanders is quietly being erased from recorded history because she never felt the need to sugar-coat her disdain for the lower classes and the racially undesirable.

In fact, she was such a bag of **** that Phillip-Morris, a cancer monger, didn't want to be associated with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZSUnDcgM0

Old 08-25-2020, 05:31 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I am 100 percent pro choice but using rape as a defense to that post is ridiculous. If you are unfortunately raped the hospital will give you a rape kit and a plan B pill which is also available at most drug stores. Planned Parenthood is mostly for non rape abortion and family planning services for folks who are poor.
Ok, we can replace it with whatever violent act you like. You can pick.

The idea is that if you don't like something violent, it's perfectly OK if others do it.

It's an idiotic argument.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:16 AM

4,796 posts, read 2,800,346 times
Default Assumptions?

Quote:
Yah - she was a real woman of the people.

Maybe you missed this post. How do you want to spin this one?

There's a reason they are quietly removing her presence.
Nah, I saw it. It doesn't fit with what I've read about Sanger.

I think you're following a bad line of logic.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:22 AM

4,796 posts, read 2,800,346 times
Default Ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And as we all know, government officials never got the personhood thing wrong...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonperson
Yah, there've been problems with the law & its application in the US & in the World, true enough. But in a secular republic (like the US), the law is probably the best suited branch of government to try to achieve justice. We can try to cultivate moral vigor, ethics, & good citizenship.

But those are subject to a lot of debate. Justice seems to be a more clear-cut goal.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
You don't get where I am going with the thread?

Democrats AGAIN get a pass on their racist history, and they are given latitude to cover up past sins without notice.

KKK, Jim Crow, Planned Parenthood - provided by Democrats

Question: which party is actively trying to correct those sins, as you call them?

Did Planned Parenthood’s leadership dig in and say that they had to keep her name on stuff because “history?”

You want to claim that this is being done without “notice.”

And yet, here it is in vivid black and white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies