Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 08:27 PM

17,530 posts, read 13,320,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelateTransform View Post
Biden unveiled his plans for an indoor and outdoor national mask mandate.

Who else is worried that if the democrats win, we'll be wearing masks forever? And when I say "forever", I mean just way too long

It is NO BIG DEAL TO WEAR A MASK!

Get over it

If we do - we do

But basement man will never win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 03:25 PM

25 posts, read 10,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74
Oh my god. People need to quit their whining and act like adults and wear the damn masks. I hope it does happen. The intelligent people need to take over and get us out of this mess. I want my life back....
So do I and bieng forced to wear a mask is not getting our lives back!

Alot of people are fighting this which I think is good,it shows some people still have thier own mind!

Old 08-27-2020, 03:26 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattg View Post

Alot of people are fighting this which I think is good,it shows some people still have thier own mind!

i'd just be happy to have all the businesses back, even if they have to put up with a few restrictions like wearing a mask. its the road to recovery, and also kids going back to school. and all this fear go away.

Old 08-27-2020, 03:30 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,087,917 times
Federal mandate seat belt

vs

Federal mandate mask

Seat belt mandate actually makes less sense.....

Old 08-27-2020, 04:06 PM

25 posts, read 10,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO
i'd just be happy to have all the businesses back, even if they have to put up with a few restrictions like wearing a mask. its the road to recovery, and also kids going back to school. and all this fear go away.
The only way to make the fear go away is for the masses to turn off the TV .... Dont give them the power to keep them scared!

I dont think anyone will turn it off so they will be able to keep this going as long as they want...

Old 08-27-2020, 04:18 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
I'd like you to enter a SARS-CoV-2 ward without a mask and then tell me that the risk is minimal one more time, lol.

What negative impacts are you talking about? Wash your hands. Wear a mask. Socially distance. There are no negative impacts from not being an idiot during a pandemic. If a federal mask mandate is required, it's because you people don't know how to listen to health experts.

And that comment was aimed at the previous person's "This is how it's always been" (in regards to the West never having adopted mask-wearing). They were advocating that us never having done it before was a somehow good enough reason not to do it now.
A mask doesn't protect the person wearing it, and it, at most, stops 3% of the droplets. Do you actually believe the mask will stop you from getting the virus?

The good reason not to do it is that they don't work to stop the virus because the virus is so small it passes through the cloth. And, people tend to touch the mask adjusting it, taking it off and on, and each time unless they sanitize their hands, add the bacteria buildup inside and outside, and the person wearing the mask increases their risk of contracting the virus and also other things from the bacteria load on their mask.

Science? You want science? I got science:

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...-social-policy

https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/05...cience-vacuum/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattg View Post

Yes, many are fighting it on the state/local levels. Out of the 105 counties in KS, 90 opted out of the Governor's mask mandate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Federal mandate seat belt

vs

Federal mandate mask

Seat belt mandate actually makes less sense.....
No, not at all. It is proven that seat belts (45% from death and 50% from serious injury) save lives, but cloth masks don't even protect the wearer, and only a 3% or less chance that they protect people in the surrounding area, while the bacteria load and the tendency to touch the mask with unclean hands increase the chances of contracting COVID 19 or some bacterial illness.

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe...es%20in%202009.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:12 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelateTransform View Post
Biden unveiled his plans for an indoor and outdoor national mask mandate.

Who else is worried that if the democrats win, we'll be wearing masks forever? And when I say "forever", I mean just way too long
Put your tinfoil hat back on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies