Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 06:07 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That's coming next. Fried chicken is cultural appropriation and by eating it you are calling Rosa Parks the N word. It's racist to disagree so be quiet, but if you're quiet you're complicit in racism because silence is violence.
Hopefully you are just kidding, but fried chicken is a favorite in the old south, for people of all colors. I can remember fried chicken as part of the Sunday dinners there when I was a kid.

Fried chicken is one of my all time favorites, though I have never considered KFC chicken as good as other places I have had it-including home made. I rarely eat it these days, as fried foods don't agree with me very well anymore, but I still remember it fondly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 06:08 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Well, in recent years, the full name Kentucky Fried Chicken has come back in their advertising and logos.

Around here, "KFC" can also mean "Korean Fried Chicken". We have a number of local Korean-run fried chicken shops, and they're quite tasty, though at a higher price point than Kentucky Fried Chicken. With different flavors such as soy garlic, and sides such as picked radishes, kimchi (picked cabbage).

Old 08-24-2020, 06:11 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Hopefully you are just kidding, but fried chicken is a favorite in the old south, for people of all colors. I can remember fried chicken as part of the Sunday dinners there when I was a kid.

Fried chicken is one of my all time favorites, though I have never considered KFC chicken as good as other places I have had it-including home made. I rarely eat it these days, as fried foods don't agree with me very well anymore, but I still remember it fondly.
I wish I were kidding, but the people on the far left say things like this every day now and nobody says anything. I have been making the prediction that this November, we will all learn that all of a sudden Thanksgiving is racist and should be abolished and anyone who follows the only grand American tradition left are bad people

Old 08-24-2020, 06:14 PM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
That's coming next. Fried chicken is cultural appropriation and by eating it you are calling Rosa Parks the N word. It's racist to disagree so be quiet, but if you're quiet you're complicit in racism because silence is violence.
Years ago on CNBC they mentioned that KFC was doing well in China.

A white liberal coworker was soon after talking to me about his stock in YUM (they own KFC) and how he thought KFC was on the decline. So I told him that I heard KFC was doing well in China and he told me that was racist.

Gotta love woke people killing innocent conversations.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:38 PM

1,936 posts, read 822,817 times
Seagulls used to hang around the KFC in the town I once lived in. No seagulls any more!

Old 08-24-2020, 06:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northofnowhere View Post
Seagulls used to hang around the KFC in the town I once lived in. No seagulls any more!

The popcorn chicken did them in!

Old 08-24-2020, 06:48 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Are you making this up? for one thing, if that chicken sits under the heater lamp, it would be prone to bacteria and salmonella being refried. Was that just your store or all over??

When i worked at a chicken place, they let us take the unsold chicken home so as not to resell it next day.

that would be awful! refried chicken. ugh.
Unfortunately no, I didn’t make it up. I’ve always avoided KFC after I worked there. Keep in mind that was 40 years ago and like I said, they may have done away with that practice. I only worked at one store in San Diego, so I’m not sure if it was company practice.

They let us take home some unsold chicken at the end of the night, but it was the extra crispy and BBQ. The original was put into the freezer/refrigerator for the next day as extra crispy. Once that was sold out, they made fresh chicken.

One time there was a local high school football game and they expected a lot of business so we made a ton of chicken. Everyone went to the pizza place at the other strip mall. We had a lot of extra crispy the next day.

Last edited by Mike930; 08-24-2020 at 06:56 PM..

Old 08-24-2020, 06:54 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,997 times
Quote:
I strongly condemn anyone who remains silent in the face of KFC’s implicit racism.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:08 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
I strongly condemn anyone who remains silent in the face of KFC’s implicit racism.
I can’t keep up with what we’re supposed to be outraged about anymore.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:14 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I can’t keep up with what we’re supposed to be outraged about anymore.
Just stick to vegan transexual chickens made by gender ambiguous marxists and you should be fine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies