Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 03:32 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

UGH I just heard that Kentucky Fried Chicken is dropping its decades old slogan of "It's Finger Licking Good" due to concerns stemming from the Covid19. I guess licking your own fingers is a big no no during this virus threat. I can see how one would not want to lick someone else's fingers but why not your own?

https://theblast.com/c/kentucky-frie...id-19-pandemic

Are they really concerned or is this just some outreach to the Loons that are trying to shut everything down at least until after the election.

It has been many years since I have visited a Kentucky Fried Buzzards so I guess I can continue my boycott.. LOL but come on this is a bit extreme isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 03:37 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Maybe they watched the bloomberg video? Not a fan of finger lickers myself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kTfr0-3gJrY

Old 08-24-2020, 03:38 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH I just heard that Kentucky Fried Chicken is dropping its decades old slogan of "It's Finger Licking Good" due to concerns stemming from the Covid19. I guess licking your own fingers is a big no no during this virus threat. I can see how one would not want to lick someone else's fingers but why not your own?

https://theblast.com/c/kentucky-frie...id-19-pandemic

Are they really concerned or is this just some outreach to the Loons that are trying to shut everything down at least until after the election.

It has been many years since I have visited a Kentucky Fried Buzzards so I guess I can continue my boycott.. LOL but come on this is a bit extreme isn't it?
Extreme? Yes. Unexpected? No. If they didn’t do this, they’d likely get sued from someone claiming they gave themselves COVID by finger licking.

Btw, I used to work at KFC in high school about 40 years ago. I don’t know if they changed their methods, but we would take all the unsold regular chicken, re-flour and batter it the next day and sold it as extra crispy. Once that was gone, we’d make fresh batches of extra crispy.

My advice is to skip the extra crispy until later in the day. Off topic, but an added bonus for the thread. No charge.

Old 08-24-2020, 03:42 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
To heck with the coronavirus, KFC clogs your arteries.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I think it's likely just an ad campaign - they announce they're not doing this campaign and this story and the pic of their chicken gets carried all over the media - free of charge.

Generating media buzz.

And people see the article and get the image in their head of eating that chicken and licking their fingers, and away they go to get a bucket.

(Disclaimer - yuck, KFC is the worst fried chicken on the market, IMHO. You can even tell that bucket of chicken is limp and not crunchy at all, just from the pic).

Old 08-24-2020, 04:20 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Everyone knows that catch phrase. You could go anywhere in America and in many places of the world and people would recognize that saying. That’s dam difficult and expensive to do.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:23 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
When I spotted the title, my initial thought was white liberals claiming KFC is racist and I was wondering how?

Old 08-24-2020, 04:26 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
When I spotted the title, my initial thought was white liberals claiming KFC is racist and I was wondering how?
That's coming next. Fried chicken is cultural appropriation and by eating it you are calling Rosa Parks the N word. It's racist to disagree so be quiet, but if you're quiet you're complicit in racism because silence is violence.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:28 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
To be clear, Monday's announcement is a marketing campaign. A clever one, perhaps, with good intentions baked into it ... but a marketing campaign nonetheless. KFC blurred out the slogan featured on old billboards and signs in a cheeky ad released on its YouTube page.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/busin...rnd/index.html

It's KFC's attempt to create a viral moment like when IHOP announced they were changing their name to IHOb

But you can always count on the Trumpers to find a way to attack liberals for something that has nothing to do with partisan politics. What on earth would GOPers do with themselves if they couldn't go around looking for ways to be offended all the time?

Old 08-24-2020, 04:30 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Biden factor...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies