Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 10:10 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigins View Post
New York attorney general intensifies probe into whether Trump businesses jacked up property values.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ne...ues-2020-08-24

No reason to want Trump’s tax information dating back 8 years?
Barr will fire all those investigators...and Mr.T will get 1000 more lawyers and sue everyone in NYC - and in the end pardon themselves-

Old 08-25-2020, 10:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is NOT what the NY AG is referring to. They are NOT comparing county assessed value to the real value. Absolutely, completely, NOT what they are doing.

They are, in fact, comparing market assessed value (done by appraisers) to the values declared by Trump (which was imaginary). They found the actual value was $56.6 million. Trump declared it $291 millions (not a typo).

So, are they taxing him @ 56.6 million or $291 million?
Where is the criminal case?

You saying a bank took his word for it on a loan? Not on your life.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:16 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
This is nothing more than Democrats trying to personally go after Trump. The city and State of New York lets murderers, rapists, sex offenders, etc.b run free but this AG is going after the president. Anyway, let me know when they actually find anything because the Democrats surely has been trying for the last 4 years and have found nothing.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Except that Trump is his business and the businesses are Trump.
LOL! Says the guy that has no clue how or why a Corporate structure is formed.

I highly suspect you cheat on your taxes, I want to see all your 1099's and your bank account.
Cough them up.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:31 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Oh, how low have the Republican party sunk.

Even financial fraud doesn't flinch them now.

one thing is for sure from the information that's been provided by the Dems (like the NY AG's) and their complicit media - very few of them have a clue on financial matters.

I was a commercial banker in the 90's.

The above-named parties seem to think Trump tells a banker "Oh, that property is worth $50 bazillion dollars!" and the bank lends him 80% of that based on his claim.

There is the matter of a shadowy $50MM loan related to Trump Chicago that I saw Mother Jones attempt to understand, but about the best they did was "it's legal but shady".

Old 08-25-2020, 10:32 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL! Says the guy that has no clue how or why a Corporate structure is formed.

I highly suspect you cheat on your taxes, I want to see all your 1099's and your bank account.
Cough them up.
As per usual, when they cannot defend, they attack and deflect.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:35 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
As per usual, when they cannot defend, they attack and deflect.
There's nothing to defend, except you defending the indefensible, using the law to bully your political opponents.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:36 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Except that Trump is his business and the businesses are Trump.

I’ve long suspected that everything is commingled, hence the reluctance to release the personal returns.

“Trump reported to the U.S. government that his Trump International Golf Links Aberdeen and Trump Turnberry resorts in Scotland and the Trump Doonbeg in Ireland earned about $179 million in revenue between 2014 and 2018, according to research compiled by the group. Documents from the U.K. and Ireland show significantly less revenue — around $152 million — and the resorts actually lost $77 million over that time frame when expenses are included.”

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/12/tru...ment-watchdog/
Salon, lol...

"according to a left-leaning government watchdog group."

Yea, no bias, I mean the entire article makes zero sense, for example;

"Trump reported to the U.S. government in 2018 that the two Scottish resorts were worth at least $100 million, but records from the U.K. show the resorts actually had about $80 million more debt than assets."

but then goes on to say

"The Trump Organization repeatedly reported fraudulent financial details to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, while reporting a different set of numbers to U.K. and Irish regulators,"

So, which is it, Trump or the Trump organization? Idiots cannot even get that right because they, like you and other posters, have no idea what they are tlkaing about.

And to comment on the above, why yes, an entity can be in debt and still be valued, I have no idea where they get the resorts cannot be valued at $100 million due to having an $80 million more in debt than assets. Valuation is not based on assets alone, and they act like the debt is some sort of personal credit card like debt, lol.

And again, we have "Trump Organization" mentioned, which is not Trump nor relates to this matter regarding his personal tax returns you all keep squawking about:

"After a win in the Supreme Court case over whether he can subpoena Trump's tax returns, Vance's office told a judge this month that it was investigating "public reports of possibly extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization," including bank and insurance fraud."

You people, lol...I think it is hilarious how now you think yourself and Joe Public is thinking you are going "to get Trump" if his returns get released because gee golly, you know more about reading such returns than the experienced IRS employees.

Old 08-25-2020, 01:38 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
The question is what was real estate doing in 2012 vs 2016 at the time of the donation.

In 2012 the real estate market was near bottom being many considered that the year the markets turned around.

https://www.aol.com/2012/12/21/real-...et-highlights/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies