Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 03:47 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
He is following what the scientist said-----you know what people said they wanted him to do but said he didn't. Geesh.
What the scientist said at the beginning of the outbreak. Since then, more information has come to light, and Fauci's position has changed according to the new findings. That is how scientists work.

Trump's needle is stuck playing the same old sad song from March. He is apparently incapable of learning and change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 03:53 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You go first,
and tell us why its not a Governor's RESPONSIBILTY when they are in charge of making decisions on a pandemic for their state !!!
Because individual states do not have the resources or preparedness to deal with something like a pandemic, which crosses state lines readily. The federal government does, or did before Trump, with the CDC formerly having a division whose sole focus was infectious and easily transmittable diseases and their detection, prevention, and treatment. They also controlled the strategic stockpile of PPE and other supplies to ship to the states if needed.

Trump disbanded the unit, and also the unit that was working in Wuhan with Chinese scientists. If it was all the states' responsibility, Obama wasted his time creating a playbook with a checklist of things that needed to be done in case of a pandemic. Trump ignored it totally.

The ball was in Trump's court. He faulted.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:56 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Biden is the type of guy who makes it up as he goes .. they are not gaffs. they are made up lies.

Old 08-25-2020, 06:34 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
To say that Trump did “nothing” is at the very least a falsehood. Those things have been enumerated on this forum dozens of times. You do not advance your argument by ignoring reality.

Moreover, the governors have implemented regulations as they saw fit. That makes sense, since what was happening in NY was not happening in other states, and vice versa, as the virus spread.

Oh right, China, where they boarded people up in their apartments so they could die.

I don’t know where you live, but things are pretty normal by me. We can go out to eat, my kids are in school, my husband is at work.

What does Biden being in office have to do with anything? Will the virus suddenly disappear? After all these months of being told “the virus is apolitical”...are you saying this
disease has anything to do with who is POTUS? What exactly would Biden do except shut everything down and make everyone wear a mask in their own backyard?
If you have read my post carefully, you'd know that I didn't say Trump did nothing... he did just below the bare minimum.

I don't know which country you're living in but we have 170,000+ death and counting, ICU filled to the brink, and other countries banning us from entering. We are literally the laughing stock of the world right now. Everyone around the world saying how horrified at what's happening here.

It's like people forgot that the Obama/Biden team saved us from the Republican created Great Recession. What will Biden do? He is going to save this country... again.

Old 08-25-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Biden is the type of guy who makes it up as he goes .. they are not gaffs. they are made up lies.
Boy, are you going to be shocked when you find out about the current POTUS.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
No, however you define "protect", Trump is not doing it. To protect means to do something - you may not agree with the thing being done, but at least some action was taken with great effort.

To protect does NOT mean do nothing or doing the minimum. They are not protecting in whatever way you define protect.

Trump hasn't even attended a meeting with the pandemic czar for months. He told his supporters they are free to not wear masks in public. He disbanded the pandemic team. He eliminated the position of disease watchdog stationed in China that was supposed to catch exactly this type of events. He was doing less than the minimum at best and downright sabotaging the operation at worse. It's no accident the US is the worse pandemic hit country.

China, yes China, has gone back to normal. I never in a million years thought we'd lose to the living-in-a-bubble communists. This is how far we have fallen as a nation. My friend living in China send me pictures of him eating at Shake Shack. He asked me how are things back home, I told him it's hell and not to come back until after Biden is in office.

Just where do you live? We just got back from a short vacation. We aren't "in hell" LOL

If Trump isn't meeting with the "pandemic czar" it's because things are not as bad now.

I can send your friend a lot of pictures of things like eating out and going back to normal too.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:44 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:

I don't know which country you're living in but we have 170,000+ death and counting, ICU filled to the brink, and other countries banning us from entering. We are literally the laughing stock of the world right now. Everyone around the world saying how horrified at what's happening here.
ICUs around the country are NOT “filled to the brink”. Yes, hospitals in Houston, Arizona and Florida are or were seeing the majority of their ICU beds filled, but that is not the case in Vermont or Nebraska or Utah or wherever.
Most countries have travel bans in place.

I can’t tell if you are exaggerating for effect or being intentional dishonest.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
ICUs around the country are NOT “filled to the brink”. Yes, hospitals in Houston, Arizona and Florida are or were seeing the majority of their ICU beds filled, but that is not the case in Vermont or Nebraska or Utah or wherever.
Most countries have travel bans in place.

I can’t tell if you are exaggerating for effect or being intentional dishonest.
That is the very definition of ICU beds filled to the brink.

The entire country does not have to be on fire for the statement "There are fires" to be true. I don't know if comprehension is really that lacking or just simply playing dumb.

If Houston, Arizona, and Florida are on fire; this country is on fire. You can't just say: Oh, things are fine in Vermont, Nebraska, and Utah; so who cares if Houston, Arizona, and Florida are burning. Well, at least not for reasonable people.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:56 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
That is the very definition of ICU beds filled to the brink.

The entire country does not have to be on fire for the statement "There are fires" to be true. I don't know if comprehension is really that lacking or just simply playing dumb.

If Houston, Arizona, and Florida are on fire; this country is on fire. You can't just say: Oh, things are fine in Vermont, Nebraska, and Utah; so who cares if Houston, Arizona, and Florida are burning. Well, at least not for reasonable people.

There are still hot spots in China and if you don't believe that then you are ignorant. I don't trust China at all.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:59 PM

376 posts, read 102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdhM6i_pevE

These were the talking points when this whole thing started but now all we hear is how Trump mishandled it. So wrong.
None of that matters. The left ignores it and pretends none of it happened. We know better, no matter what the left claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies