Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2020, 12:08 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
To provide a little contrast. This is what happens when there is a genuinely violent criminal who is white. Dylann Roof was even treated to a hamburger on his way to jail.
rl]
You do realize that whites have a 25% more chance of being shot to death by a police officer than a black, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 12:10 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No. The women were yelling at each other in the street; he arrived after the fact to get his child,

So let me guess...Blake had 3 different children with 3 different women?

Or maybe 2 with one, and 1 with another?

It never ends with scum like him...their entire life is dedicated to wreaking as much havoc and destruction to American civilization as possible before they die.

Kids out of wedlock, kids with multiple women, sex offenses, violent crime...the whole bit.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:10 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,418,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I think the George Floyd incident caused a lot of naive people to take the race baiting and think "We need a revolution!" The BLM movement completely ruined that and now I think after seeing the rioting, looting, and violence, people aren't going to take the bait this time. There is almost no outrage over this incident besides a few isolated protests. I think people are choosing to wait and see the real story. I think they learned their lesson with George Floyd to NOT to jump to conclusions. It is likely Floyd died of an overdose. Kinda changes the narrative there, huh?

What do you think? I don't think we will be seeing the black squares on Instagram this time around.
Thank you for bringing up this fact about Floyd. Facts are according to the medical examiner that Floyd had 3 times the amount of fentanyl in his system that could affect his breathing and heart. Why haven't they INVESTIGATED THIS AND THE SOURCE OF THE ILLEGAL DRUG?

Old 08-25-2020, 12:16 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
So let me guess...Blake had 3 different children with 3 different women?

Or maybe 2 with one, and 1 with another?

It never ends with scum like him...their entire life is dedicated to wreaking as much havoc and destruction to American civilization as possible before they die.

Kids out of wedlock, kids with multiple women, sex offenses, violent crime...the whole bit.
Well, he's not the worst offender as far as chaos.

That award, I believe, goes to 26 year old Jeramie Shorter of Iowa, who was recently shot in a gang killing, leaving behind 17 children. That's not a typo. He had 18 to begin with, but he was shot to death attending the funeral of one of his children.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:23 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Listened to who? The police were called because 2 white women were arguing and Jacob Blake broke up the fight in the meantime. So police again weren’t even needed in this event.

- Jacob Blake wasn’t even committing a crime.

-instead of asking why didn’t he comply. Ask why cops who were drawn to a scene for 2 white women somehow they shifted their attention to an unarmed black man and shot him 7 times.

- there was no reason for the cop to be stopping him

-there was no reason for the gun to be drawn on him

-there was no reason he should have been given orders to comply with in the first place

The families retained prominent civil rights lawyer Ben Crump. They argue Jacob was going to the van to talk to his kids.
https://journaltimes.com/news/local/...1c0b8ccec.html
was it 2 women or 6 or 7? Stories already differ. The filmer of the more viral video says 6 or 7.

Is it possible the cops knew who he was? Asked for and got an ID and ran his info and saw an outstanding felony warrant? Asked for ID and that's when he started scuffling/resisting?

Old 08-25-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No. The women were yelling at each other in the street; he arrived after the fact to get his child, according to witnesses who videotaped the incident.

He wasn't the offender, nor did he speak to the women who were creating the public disturbance.
the first half is accepted though unknown. the second half is completely unknown - the filmer said he walked away for a few minutes.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You apparently didn't read my entire post. I WANT the facts to come out, but I can't imagine a situation where someone gets shot in the back (not murdered, I stand corrected) seven or eight times.

Just like you guys are sick of the "but the kids" excuse (fair enough), I'm also sick of the "he probably did something wrong to deserve it" excuse.

The entire point of my post was that neither of these is acceptable. I agreed with the person who said "let the facts come out", and my point was let's not give anyone a pass. Not a law-breaker, if that's what he was, and not a rogue cop, if that's what he was. In any case, executing (or attempting to execute) someone because you think they did a crime is not legal in this country. If it were an isolated case, I'd say you may have a point, but it happens again and again, and very disproportionately to black men.

And I'm not a leftist either, so you might check yourself there. I'm a fiscal conservative and really more of a hands-off person with regards to social matters. I don't care who's sleeping with who, who's marrying who, or who's smoking what. That used to also be a conservative value, before the right started trying to legislate morality.

You'd do better to try to stick to the issues, than slapping labels on everyone. I stand by my first post.
you also mentioned "innocent until proven guilty" in your first post.

When you say that and use it, you're saying - whether you mean to or not - that police can't use deadly force under any circumstance. Because brandishing a weapon or even firing it has to be proven in court. Maybe you want to revisit that stance.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the first half is accepted though unknown. the second half is completely unknown - the filmer said he walked away for a few minutes.
I think I read it in a different article, that he didn't address the women who were fighting.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
To provide a little contrast. This is what happens when there is a genuinely violent criminal who is white. Dylann Roof was even treated to a hamburger on his way to jail.

https://newsone.com/playlist/white-a...17mFOeOIYSICF0
blah blah blah.

Where was Roof arrested, and where was he being taken to?
Did he resist arrest?

Old 08-25-2020, 12:33 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If it were an isolated case, I'd say you may have a point, but it happens again and again, and very disproportionately to black men.

That could be because black men choose to ignore police orders, make suspicious moves on police, resist arrest, and flee from police at a very disproportionate rate from all other races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
He had a warrant from 7/07/20 for domestic abuse and 3rd degree sexual assault charges. He probably melted down knowing he was going to jail.

Not shocking at all. All of these criminals have records and warrants and mile long rap sheets. Like I said earlier, none of them are saints, and one thing you NEVER EVER DO is reach for something out of sight after a police officer tells you to stop. Expect at least one bullet to exit the gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He's been shot, is in the hospital and paralyzed from the waist down.

Probably wishes he was dead. Steep price to pay either way. Some lessons are harder than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies