Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 07:58 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I really wish liberals would

#1 stop ignoring that the public union protected Derek Chauvin who was a bad cop. What he did was his 19th police misconduct on a suspect and he should have been fired years ago.

Public Unions must be weakened so bad teachers, cops, etc can be fired.

#2 stop ignoring that Chauvin abused white suspects too. He was likely an Ahole that abused all suspects that gave him an ounce of trouble.

#3 stop ignoring that police shooting overwhelmingly start from suspects ignoring and being aggressive with cops.

I was taught multiple times to comply with police requests when stopped. This needs to be a conversation in certain communities that apparently lack this conversation.

Yes police need reforms and better training, but the above makes it worse.
I was with a couple of other 20 something professional white guys looking from the outside at a new construction house for sale in a residential neighborhood after dark. Police pulled up. One took one of us aside and started questioning him. The other shone a flashlight on the two of us in the car with the other hand on his hip holster. He told us to leave our hands where he could see them. It was could, but I spread out and put my hands on the dashboard. The guy in the back put his hands on the top of the front seat. We did what they said even though we were not doing anything wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 07:34 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Another side of the coin here.

Supposedly, he got into this situation by breaking up a fight between two women. This is being touted as, disregarding for a moment the bias of stories, honorable....but consider the following:

I have often seen comments of people saying not to stand by but to stop the ugliness between people, such as a man beating up on a woman. Honorable but something else needs to be considered of where one is left standing when it is no longer the situation they found themselves in but the situation they placed themselves in.

As an arms mistress, I have to be quite aware of the lethality of my own defences. That if I have to use my martial skills to defend myself, there are excellent odds I could take someone out in some degree of permanence. So what is my standing if in responding to aid an innocent, someone else gets in the fight, perhaps in misunderstanding, and engages me? How will the courts view me if in just pushing him away, he falls and cracks his head on a concrete divider?

With such a defence matrix, the considerations of it might be seen by others as over thinking the situation but as we are frequently seeing now of how situations rapidly expand from one little ill advised decision, maybe we ought to think about, act on (or not) the considerations of "and then what could happen".

Old 08-26-2020, 10:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Tucker Carlson hit the nail yesterday.

BLM and their terrorism isn't about race in any way; they are about CLASS WARFARE, and destroying the middle class (primarily white middle class). That's what this burning down of businesses does - we all will have to foot the bill for all of this terrorism and theft.

So...BLM are not about racial justice/injustice. They are about destroying as much of America as they can.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:34 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Tucker Carlson hit the nail yesterday.

BLM and their terrorism isn't about race in any way; they are about CLASS WARFARE, and destroying the middle class (primarily white middle class). That's what this burning down of businesses does - we all will have to foot the bill for all of this terrorism and theft.

So...BLM are not about racial justice/injustice. They are about destroying as much of America as they can.
Anyone who owns a decent home in a decent suburb in the South right now, ka-ching. Keep your house because values are rising.

None of this BLM crap flies here for even a second. None of it. And there are BLM idiots in this city, plenty.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:42 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Wisconsin's and Kenosha's Liability insurance rates increased; As will Everyone's state and local public service sector liability insurance increase. This will result in increased taxes or lower services or both.

Old 08-26-2020, 03:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Another side of the coin here.

Supposedly, he got into this situation by breaking up a fight between two women. This is being touted as, disregarding for a moment the bias of stories, honorable....but consider the following:

I have often seen comments of people saying not to stand by but to stop the ugliness between people, such as a man beating up on a woman. Honorable but something else needs to be considered of where one is left standing when it is no longer the situation they found themselves in but the situation they placed themselves in.

As an arms mistress, I have to be quite aware of the lethality of my own defences. That if I have to use my martial skills to defend myself, there are excellent odds I could take someone out in some degree of permanence. So what is my standing if in responding to aid an innocent, someone else gets in the fight, perhaps in misunderstanding, and engages me? How will the courts view me if in just pushing him away, he falls and cracks his head on a concrete divider?

With such a defence matrix, the considerations of it might be seen by others as over thinking the situation but as we are frequently seeing now of how situations rapidly expand from one little ill advised decision, maybe we ought to think about, act on (or not) the considerations of "and then what could happen".
Who is calling this man honorable when his priors show domestic abuse and he assaulted police officers?

Old 08-26-2020, 03:58 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Who is calling this man honorable when his priors show domestic abuse and he assaulted police officers?
Look around at the comments are saying this man did nothing wrong, he did nothing to deserve the police attention he got....that's who saying.............

................but that wasn't the point of my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies