Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2020, 10:24 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Seven shots.

Into his back.

I'm guessing the victim must've been alleged to have shot up a school or something to warrant that sort of lethal force. Then again, a counterfeit $20 results in 8 minutes of kneeling on one's neck. I suppose maybe he took an extra straw at the 7-11. That's worth about 7 shots, at least.
When a police officers life is in danger and there are multiple officers on site, they don't discuss who should shoot and who shouldn't. Taking the time to flip a coin isn't practical, so all who are threatened take immediate action. When an officer tells you to comply, reaching for a weapon is a poor decision.
All seven of those shots were caused by a dangerous felon who refused to comply with orders. He "committed suicide by cop". His choice. Should he survive he will be spending a long time in prison. If he doesn't make it, the world is a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 10:24 AM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
They had to kill him right? Two big armored authority figures, guns drawn, and this black guy isn't even afraid of you. He casualty walks unafraid to his car. They had to blast him lest they be a laughing stock back at the station. Men have been killing each other for this reason for thousands of years. In America there is no surer way to show you are a man than by killing another man.
Another Democrat run city shooting an unarmed black man, whats new

Old 08-25-2020, 10:25 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
He should have listened. I'm gonna do what I want. F the police. They can't tell me what to do. They tase me too. It didn't work. I tell them I am gonna get a gun. I reach into the car as to grab something. I get shot. That is not fair lol! That idiot deserved what happened to him! Stop blaming the cops.
Listened to who? The police were called because 2 white women were arguing and Jacob Blake broke up the fight in the meantime. So police again weren’t even needed in this event.

- Jacob Blake wasn’t even committing a crime.

-instead of asking why didn’t he comply. Ask why cops who were drawn to a scene for 2 white women somehow they shifted their attention to an unarmed black man and shot him 7 times.

- there was no reason for the cop to be stopping him

-there was no reason for the gun to be drawn on him

-there was no reason he should have been given orders to comply with in the first place

The families retained prominent civil rights lawyer Ben Crump. They argue Jacob was going to the van to talk to his kids.
https://journaltimes.com/news/local/...1c0b8ccec.html

Old 08-25-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm not sure Floyd died of an overdose. It looked to me like he died because the cop had his knee on his neck for 9 minutes. And if you want to see real riots - just watch to see what happens if Derek Chavin is found not guilty.
He did die of a drug overdose, the coroner confirmed it. The knee on his neck was certainly a factor and didn't help the situation.

Derek Chavin is a bad man who will pay dearly for his crime, he won't be found Not guilty.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:31 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Isn't that odd? If you watched any live streaming you would have seen it wasn't 100% white.

It seems diversity isn't always a good thing after all.
So bring back segregation?

Got it.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'm sure you'll be listening when the police come to take your guns. You'll just hand them over, or expect to be murdered, and that's OK. Right?
The only possible chance the police would ever come to take your weapons would be if Creepy Joe the demented pedophle were to be elected. Then it would be a sure thing..

Old 08-25-2020, 10:34 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigins View Post
Where did you get this fact from?

There was no reason the police could not have taken the victim by forcing him away from the vehicle and to the ground. Instead the cowards opened fire.
George Floyd was a total LOSER violent criminal who was crying "I can't breathe" even before the officers restrained him from being high on two kinds of drugs.... You should feel sympathy for the pregnant women HE ROBBED and Democrats should set up a GoFundMe for HER. No sympathy for Floyd the piece of garbage, EVER! Maybe if these sympathizers waited for the full video and not jump the gun, we would not have the insane rioting, which by the way has NOTHING to do with Floyd now and everything to do with being a criminal idiot!

Old 08-25-2020, 10:36 AM

17,371 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Listened to who? The police were called because 2 white women were arguing and Jacob Blake broke up the fight in the meantime. So police again weren’t even needed in this event.

-instead of asking why didn’t he comply. Ask why cops who were drawn to a scene for 2 white women somehow they shifted their attention to an unarmed black man and shot him 7 times.

-there was no reason he should have been given orders to comply with in the first place

The families retained prominent civil rights lawyer Ben Crump. They argue Jacob was going to the van to talk to his kids.
So why were the cops yelling "drop the knife!!"?

Old 08-25-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Blake was shot in the back, per the video. Watch it. If you are serious about wanting law and order, you need to be campaigning for the cop to be locked away for life. He's a danger to the public.
So you are saying the police should have waited to give the felon had more time to pull the gun he was reaching for under the seat before deciding if he were a threat or not? There were several officers on scene, they could have at least waited until he shot a couple to confirm if he was a treat..
Reality people, reality.. The bad man is not longer a threat to anyone..

Old 08-25-2020, 10:39 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

Your boy was called because of domestic violence. What did he do THIS time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies