Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2020, 01:00 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I would love to see you in a fist-fight with a Chimpanzee, but we already know who would win.

We do have large brains, and that has been extremely useful to us, but we're still apes, and we still aren't that much different from Chimpanzees. But all of this misses the point. You have not transcended beyond nature. Nature is always pulling on you, exerting itself even when you don't want it to.

So what is human-nature? What is your nature? Is your nature good and should be embraced? Or is your nature evil and should be fought? Why do you hate your nature so much?
Huh?! A chimp is a nasty beast, certainly stronger than most humans. Did I ever say anything else? What is your point?!

Speak for yourself, I for one are very different from chimps, and proud of it. I don't like chimps.

Transcend beyond nature?! Where did I say anything like that? We already evolved way beyond chimps when we were still living more or less naturally like 100kya. Much bigger brains, language, finer fingers. That is all natural.

My nature?! Your questions make no sense to me, so I can't reply, frankly.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:03 PM

431 posts, read 257,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I think it is an important question, and sheds light on who we really are.

To explain what love is, imagine a buffalo mother trying to defend her children from wolves. Why does the buffalo mother defend her children? How does she benefit? Well, why does a human mother defend her children? How does she benefit?

You seem to think that love is rational. That it is a decision you make based on, I guess whether you like the other person or not. Thus the buffalo mother defends her children because she likes them. Right? Obviously not.

The purpose of love is to convince us to be irrational. To get us to do things that not only don't benefit us but might even hurt. Love convinces you to give your time, your effort, your money, and even give your life for someone else.

Without love, the buffalo mother would abandon her children to the wolves to save herself.

The irony is, love is not the selfish emotion you seem to think it is. It is exactly opposite. Love is the thing that makes humans unselfish. Without love we would all be selfish. Love is what makes you drive across town at 3 am because your daughter's car broke down. But would you do that for anyone? No, your love is not unlimited.

The purpose of love is that humans are social creatures. We are social because we are weak. Individually we cannot survive. Evolution has not only made us social, but has forced us to be. If we don't socialize we will literally die. We will go crazy, stress-levels rise, we need people, we have a primal need for them. And why wouldn't we? For millions of years of evolution someone who socialized was far more likely to survive, and far more likely to have children.

Humans lived in tribes. Humans have the largest tribe of any animal. These tribes were held together through communal bonds. But if everyone was purely selfish, there could be no tribe, because we would be constantly trying to advantage ourselves at the expense of everyone else. Selfishness would tear us apart.

We tend to think of evolution as survival of the fittest "individual". But it is closer to survival of the fittest "group" or "tribe". Tribes that work together, and who are more cohesive, tended to be more successful.

Imagine a relationship where the husband loved his wife but the wife didn't love her husband. The man would give everything for her, and she would take it and give nothing back. Ideally both the husband and the wife would love each other, because if they both loved each other they would both give to each other. They would both try to make each other happy, not for gain, but for love.

Today governments hold us together by force, through law. But the tribe was not held together by force, it was voluntary. At any time it could break apart, and if it broke apart it would become weak. Love is what held tribes together, but everyone must love each other, otherwise some will take advantage of others, and society will tear itself apart.

Now, the thing about love is, if you love your daughter, then you can see your daughter in other daughters. In the article I posted, one of the things they looked at was how much money an employer gave as a "Christmas bonus". If the employer had a wife and daughters, he gave far more than if he was a single man. This is what they meant by women civilizing men. By loving someone, you worry about them, you want them to be happy. The more you think about others, the less you think about yourself.

But we cannot love the whole world. We have $10 worth of love, and the more we spread it around the less each person gets. If we try to spread it too far, it practically ceases to exist.

Imagine you had one dog, now imagine you had five dogs, now imagine you had a thousand dogs, and then a million dogs. The leftist thinks we should try to love millions of people, but that is impossible. And even if you try, you'll fail.

The more people there are, the weaker the relationship. In "The West", people barely have relationships with anyone. They don't know each other. They're surrounded by strangers, and they live in an economic system that rewards selfishness.

It is the worst of all worlds. And over time it continues to atomize us into individuals. Breaking apart all the old bonds that united us. We are together, but we are more apart than we have ever been. Love is dying.
Well said and interesting point of view.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:06 PM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times
How can anybody like a group of people who commit 50% of all the murders in the United States?

Can one help themselves from being racist?

Old 08-28-2020, 01:10 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
How can anybody like a group of people who commit 50% of all the murders in the United States?

Can one help themselves from being racist?
Actually, yes you can help yourself. If you judge individuals based on the very worst of their group, then you are the one who is morally wrong. Your thinking is messed up.

By the way, 42 million Blacks. 6,000 murders. That still leaves 99.9% of the Black population who has never killed anyone. Judging the rest of the population by a fraction of 1 percent of thugs, is stupid.

Tell me, why should I be okay with your thinking as a Black person? If I haven't committed a murder, and I live my life clean and law-abiding, what else do I owe you? What makes you think it's okay to make a judgement on me based on what only the very worst of the Black population has done?

Old 08-28-2020, 01:11 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Where do you even get the notion from that leftists want to love everyone? I have never heard a leftist say such thing. What real leftists do though is reject the notion that it is OK to be biased along ethnic and similar lines.
I am certainly a leftist, but there are many people I can't stand, regardless of ethnicity. I can't stand them because they think or act in a way I don't like.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:15 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Ask Biden. He can't have a conversation without insulting black people and looking down on them. Biden talks about roaches, chains, straight razors, violence when addressing black people. It is what he thinks of when addressing black people .

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:24 PM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, yes you can help yourself. If you judge individuals based on the very worst of their group, then you are the one who is morally wrong. Your thinking is messed up.

By the way, 42 million Blacks. 6,000 murders. That still leaves 99.9% of the Black population who has never killed anyone. Judging the rest of the population by a fraction of 1 percent of thugs, is stupid.

Tell me, why should I be okay with your thinking as a Black person? If I haven't committed a murder, and I live my life clean and law-abiding, what else do I owe you? What makes you think it's okay to make a judgement on me based on what only the very worst of the Black population has done?
Do the numbers look so innocent for young black males that live in the inner city? You are asking too much of people.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Do the numbers look so innocent for young black males that live in the inner city? You are asking too much of people.
Answer my questions first, and then I will answer yours. Do not respond to a question with another question. At least have the courage to answer, and mean ALL of my questions.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:32 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whino View Post
This is exactly why people have racist feelings. Most people don't want to be racists, nor are they naturally that way. However, these kinds of experiences bring out such emotions. When white people witness young loud thugs with the currently trendy mushroom haircuts, behaving loudly and menacingly, even the most virtue signalling woke white person harbors these feelings. Black people may be racist for other reasons, mainly historical.
I was attacked walking from school to catch a public bus with my white friend to go home and was attacked by black school kids that were walking from school in the direction of their neighborhood. I wondered why?

I had no resentment but wondered why they did that. I didn't even know about race relations because I never heard anything racist said. That was my world at 13 years old.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Where do you even get the notion from that leftists want to love everyone? I have never heard a leftist say such thing. What real leftists do though is reject the notion that it is OK to be biased along ethnic and similar lines.
I am certainly a leftist, but there are many people I can't stand, regardless of ethnicity. I can't stand them because they think or act in a way I don't like.
I've hardly heard far left people say they want to love everybody. I've never heard it from people on the far right. Many people are out for themselves and their own agenda, regardless of being on the far left or the far right.

Me and you think similarly in this case. There are certain people I cannot deal with. I'm Black and there are certain Black people I can't deal with. There are also certain people of other ethnicities I can't deal with. It's all about mentality. I don't care what race a person is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies