U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 07:25 AM

850 posts, read 270,894 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...t-risk-closing

"Operating since 1762, the Colonial American tavern has stood since the American Revolution and even hosted historical figures like George Washington and Continental Army officers."

Also from the article:

“While we have been open for outdoor dining, a lot of our guests are really wanting to try and get back into the historic building,” she said. “It’s the oldest standing structure in Manhattan. And, you know, we also offer 9,000 square feet indoor... We're very lucky with the space that we do have. We could definitely create a safe environment for our guests.”
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 07:34 AM

30,107 posts, read 13,153,216 times
Bill DeBlasio (Warren Wilhem) is a Communist criminal. He proves it daily.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:49 AM

36,126 posts, read 19,507,940 times
How is outdoor dining going to work in a month or two when fall/winter arrives for some of these barely hanging on establishments?
Hopefully an applebees or a chilis can take up the slack when all the locally owned establishments go belly up

Old 08-25-2020, 07:51 AM

20,270 posts, read 6,873,475 times
I know there is some controversy about NYC's oldest bar. I've been to McSorley's several times which has been run continuously since 1854, and I actually thought that would be the bar in question here.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:02 AM

2,611 posts, read 552,524 times
Outdoor dining is gross in the NY heat and humidity. They need to open up indoor dining. We were promised that once we flattened the curve, life could go back. No one signed up for indefinitely being shut down. This is insanity. With .7% virus there is no excuse.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:06 AM

36,126 posts, read 19,507,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Outdoor dining is gross in the NY heat and humidity. They need to open up indoor dining. We were promised that once we flattened the curve, life could go back. No one signed up for indefinitely being shut down. This is insanity. With .7% virus there is no excuse.
Hmm I thought it was to prolong exposure the virus and slow down the positive effects of herd immunity?
Between the govt power grabs and the psychological damage done to the gen pop, life isnt going back.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:09 AM

30,107 posts, read 13,153,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hmm I thought it was to prolong exposure the virus and slow down the positive effects of herd immunity?
Between the govt power grabs and the psychological damage done to the gen pop, life isnt going back.
The Democrat/Media/Social Media Alliance has done a great job of brainwashing people.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:12 AM

4,137 posts, read 945,881 times
NYC is at risk of going out of business. But not to worry say moron Big Apple leftists, the void created by the exodus can easily be filled with illegal aliens. That's their crafty plan.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:13 AM

16,051 posts, read 3,628,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Yes. We were told that we needed a few weeks of concerted effort to flatten the curve and ensure that our hospitals would not be overrun. We accomplished that long ago. The goal never was to reduce the number of deaths, but just to spread them out (which is what flattening the curve is).

I went to a restaurant this weekend, where owners are restricted to 50% capacity. Every other booth and table was vacant, and servers of course were wearing masks. At the very minimum, NY restaurants should be allowed to do that. It might be enough to keep them afloat until the spring.

Also, I know NYC prices are high, but the restaurant I went to had a note on the window that a surcharge of 10% will be added to the final bill to help compensate for their lower volume. It’s a small price to pay for those customers who have been cooped up for months. (Plus, the way I figure it, I had been going out to eat around 1 or 2 times a week before the virus, so I can pay a slight up charge now and still have spent a lot less overall.)

Old 08-25-2020, 08:22 AM

2,611 posts, read 552,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes. We were told that we needed a few weeks of concerted effort to flatten the curve and ensure that our hospitals would not be overrun. We accomplished that long ago. The goal never was to reduce the number of deaths, but just to spread them out (which is what flattening the curve is).

I went to a restaurant this weekend, where owners are restricted to 50% capacity. Every other booth and table was vacant, and servers of course were wearing masks. At the very minimum, NY restaurants should be allowed to do that. It might be enough to keep them afloat until the spring.

Also, I know NYC prices are high, but the restaurant I went to had a note on the window that a surcharge of 10% will be added to the final bill to help compensate for their lower volume. It’s a small price to pay for those customers who have been cooped up for months. (Plus, the way I figure it, I had been going out to eat around 1 or 2 times a week before the virus, so I can pay a slight up charge now and still have spent a lot less overall.)
It's sad...these restaurants have more staff than customers. Heartbreaking to see all this. And in my industry--fitness---we were only allowed to open indoors yesterday, but at reduced capacity and with many restrictions. We constantly get emails announcing places closing for good. Mostly small places like yoga studios, small gyms...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies