Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 07:36 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Trump should label BLM a terrorist organization because that's all they do is terrorize people.

They do nothing for the communities they are in but look, riot and pillage.
After the election I hope. Then the Feds can swoop in without the State’s request.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 07:36 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
THIS is the correct way to respond to protests. Beautifully written.

To the community of Kenosha and beyond:
We, the members and clergy of Bradford Community Church Unitarian Universalist, are outraged at the violence perpetuated in the name of law enforcement on our people of color throughout our nation’s history and yesterday in Kenosha in the case of Jacob Blake for whose life we now pray.

Despite the fact that we cannot condone violent response to injustice, we understand and appreciate the anger and frustration that fueled the events of last night. While we are relieved that our church home mostly survived the inferno in the lot next door, we affirm that we would rather lose 100 buildings than one more life to police violence.
Some folks have already commented that our decision to display “Black Lives Matter” on our road sign in some way contributed to the fire or that our support of the BLM movement is hypocritical or “un-Christian.” Indeed, all lives do matter to us (that’s what “Universalist” means), but given the overwhelming and disproportionate injustice suffered by Americans of color we are compelled by our faith to speak up and affirm that Black Lives Matter too.

If this is not your faith, so be it, but it is most certainly ours and we ask that all folks be respectful in honoring our sacred calling to speak truth to power, protect the innocent, empower the disenfranchised and promote equity and compassion in human relations.

In the name of Love,
Rev. Erik David Carlson

Bradford Community Church Unitarian Universalist - Home
Well.....he's dead wrong on losing 100 buildings. Those 100 buildings are 100 people's lives, they are people's businesses. Rioting, burning, and looting is simply unacceptable !!

Next time it might be his church that these animals burn down.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:37 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Why would any person go into a crowd of rioters and protesters with a rifle unless they are defending your home/family. Police and national guard are there, people should stay in their homes, stay out of the streets and allow law enforcement and the authorities to deal with the situation.
I think it worked out much better the way it happened. Today there are fewer violent communists in the country than there were yesterday. If things like that happened more often, the US would be far better off for it.

People shouldn't have to cower in their homes simply because violent communists are being allowed to roam the streets looking for people to attack. So by all means, continue to go out and if you are attacked, kill a communist or two for the sake of the country.

At some point we'll run out of violent communists seeking to attack people.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:38 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
I haven't seen such civil unrest in my lifetime. A very divisive president led to open racism and subsequent violence.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
After the election I hope. Then the Feds can swoop in without the State’s request.
The feds can't help contain the virus among states because of the Tenth Amendment according to the right, but the feds can impose martial law on states with an army?

Old 08-26-2020, 07:41 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I haven't seen such civil unrest in my lifetime. A very divisive president led to open racism and subsequent violence.
True, Obama was a very divisive president who encouraged the rise of identity politics which is why we have this problem today.

Even worse, we have Democrats across the country encouraging the violence and enabling the rioters....it's what happens when you have an insurgent party encouraging their cult-like following to "RESIST" by any means necessary.

It'll be a long time before the damage done by Democrats in the last decade or so is undone.....just a lesson of what happens when you vote for those losers in the first place.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:42 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,756 times
Quote:
Indeed, that would be Obama

Old 08-26-2020, 07:43 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Well.....he's dead wrong on losing 100 buildings. Those 100 buildings are 100 people's lives, they are people's businesses. Rioting, burning, and looting is simply unacceptable !!

Next time it might be his church that these animals burn down.
I'm glad this guy is not my pastor. I can imagine going to him, devastated from losing everything I worked for. Traumatized by seeing the city up in flames for three nights. I saw a video of one lady whose business got burned. She was completely dazed with trauma and grief. And this guy saying, "well, it's really nothing compared to what happened to Jacob Blake. Think of the anger they needed to get out. We don't condone it but...we kinda do!"

People's moral reasoning has completely evaporated. I don't know what happened...it's like some kind of brain rot. Compassion is not an either/or dilemma. That letter by the Unitarian church is horrible. They are completely missing the fact that religion is supposed to GUIDE people about right and wrong, not dog whistle to rioters.

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Yep, let's blame Trump, for the actions of Marxists. Get real.

546 posts, read 243,122 times
Quote:
I was going to vote for Trump but after seeing all this racism and violence I'm going to vote for Biden...yea, right...is this what the leftist think will happen? The President is about as racist as my dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies