Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 11:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
interesting question.... what is the law in Kenosha? Can I fire a gun at a target in my backyard? Outside my house but on my own property? What kind of gun? Can I fire my gun inside my house? Can I shoot blanks, but not live ammo?
Firing blanks is considered "discharging a firearm" which is why it is against the law to fire blanks on 4th of July.

As for back yard, it depends and I don't know about Kenosha, but gun ownership is common in WI, as it is in MI where hunting is popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 11:02 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Just call your local gun instruction school/or gun store. My instructor gave me all the laws for my state.
Joe Biden says to get a double barrel shotgun and just fire a warning shot in the air.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:04 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The Koreans durind the LA riots defended their stores/property and shot at anything/anyone outside their stores. It's amazing how much America has changed in the last (almost) 30 years. Law-abiding are treated as criminals, and criminals are treated as morally upstanding.
I have vivid memories of the LA riots and I remember seeing those Korean dudes and they were fully strapped. Those boys weren't playing around.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
The Koreans durind the LA riots defended their stores/property and shot at anything/anyone outside their stores. It's amazing how much America has changed in the last (almost) 30 years. Law-abiding are treated as criminals, and criminals are treated as morally upstanding.
In war, it was a always good strategy to take out the generals and commanders on the battle field.
Sparing the pawns.
The rulers perpetuating this.... It is the entire reason the PEOPLE make sniper rifles.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:05 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
And looters and statue destroyers are getting away with destroying property but if you spray over a ***** Lives Matter graffiti garbage mural... you would be arrested for a hate crime! Time to forget all this and take justice to a new level, put justice in America's hands because the worthless Democratic Leaders are doing NOTHING to protect the residents of those cities.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:07 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
And looters and statue destroyers are getting away with destroying property but if you spray over a ***** Lives Matter graffiti garbage mural... you would be arrested for a hate crime! Time to forget all this and take justice to a new level, put justice in America's hands because the worthless Democratic Leaders are doing NOTHING to protect the residents of those cities.
Could not agree more

Old 08-25-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Sadly I was once one of those cockroaches. But happy to say not any longer!
Big So happy to hear you walked away from the HORRIBLE do NOTHING Democrats!

Old 08-25-2020, 11:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to the article those people were not on his property. I'm all for gun rights and self defense, but firing your rifle at people across the street is reckless and dangerous no matter how you spin it.

Its up to the town to press charges or not press charges. In FL he'd be in big trouble. We have reasonable gun laws, and people who violate them face the consequences due to the "tough on crime" approach.

Of course the story is from Breitbart, so we don't know if its even true.

I remember some years ago how people ridiculed Biden for ignorantly suggesting people can fire a shotgun in the air. All of a sudden all Biden critics are saying the same thing, or even that its ok to fire AT people across the street because of what they MIGHT do.
The article said the man shot warning shots, but you keep saying he shot AT people.

Which is it - because those are two different things. Are you seeing another article somewhere saying he shot into the crowd at people?

Old 08-25-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have vivid memories of the LA riots and I remember seeing those Korean dudes and they were fully strapped. Those boys weren't playing around.
And the little sissy rioters got SCARED and walked away! We need to claim our cities back. Do you hear that business owners??: NO MORE FEAR! Protect your Property!

Old 08-25-2020, 11:10 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, he opened fire because people were exiting their vehicles........

In Florida what guy would be in big trouble. The judges don't even have leeway because of the mandatory sentencing guidelines. The law might have changed somewhat due to Rick Scott in cases of 'imminent danger' but the sentence for warning shot was 20 years mandatory (no parole in FL). You can't just open fire at people who are not on your property just because of what you think they might do next (even if it seems obvious they are up to no good).
Finn right now - we aren't punishing the people who are burning buildings, beating up good citizens trying to help others or throwing projectiles at cops. I'm buying insurance for my guys but I'm sure if that guy's family or friends put up a Go Fund Me acct for legal expenses he'd have that money in a day.

The laws will be changing because the vast majority of people are sick of this and afraid for their neighborhoods and families. Thanks for letting me know about that though as Florida was a consideration for retirement but not anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies