Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 01:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It may be difficult to plea 'self defense', when (from what I have read thus far), this 17 year old armed himself and drove from one state (Illinois) to another (Wisconsin) to go to a protest. It sounds per-meditated. I guess it is why he is being charged with first degree intentional homicide.
Yes, I think so. There were some right-wing factions recruiting people in the social media to go there with their guns, and this guy might have been one of those recruits. Either way, if you travel to another State with your AR15 with the intent to combat the protests/riots, and end up shooting someone in the head, then you'll probably go down for murder.

Later, when he was trying to flee the scene, a crowd chased him and he fell on the ground and started shooting again, hitting another person in the arm. Self defense? I doubt it, because he was resisting citizens arrest after murdering someone. IMO he is in trouble, but we'll see when the investigation is over.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-26-2020 at 01:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 01:10 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
One of the guys then that 17 year old shot, he was the guy injuried on his arm, isn't white as snow as he pretend, he have some hidden skeletons in his closet from what I saw on another forum. https://www.findmugshots.com/arrests...d_6236626.html
He was also armed as well. Guess that one poster was right, if one goes to a protest armed, well he isn't there to protest now is he ?

"Huckleberry3911948
If you go to a protest with a weapon you are not a protestor
Per obama
Ok he said crowbar but you get the idea"

https://www.city-data.com/forum/atta...sts-larper.jpg

Old 08-26-2020, 01:10 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I loved it the most how the cops, knowing there was gunfire in the area, just drove past him.
Who trains these people?
Cops can't do anything in a riot. That's why riots should be stopped before they get momentum-- with an overwhelming presence of National Guard.

What is a cop supposed to do? Arrest an armed person? Then get mobbed by others, and have to shoot their way out or die?

This is the fault of those in charge who allowed these riots to go on for 3 days. There should have been 5000 National Guardsmen enforcing a strict curfew within hours of the first sign of violence.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:11 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I guess this should serve as a lesson to the rioters that when faced with a deranged kid with a rifle you should probable have more than a bag of poop, some matches and a brick.

Well the person shot in the arm by the kid appears to be holding a subcompact semi-auto in his right hand immediately afterwards while bleeding and down on his knees. And is wearing a Paramedic hat?!? Strange frickin' days.

Edit: actually, a photo shows him holding it at the moment when the kid shoots him in the arm, and the video seems to show him firing a few rounds after he retreats and falls to his knees, while the kid is walking towards the police.

Last edited by alaskaflyer; 08-26-2020 at 01:24 PM..

Old 08-26-2020, 01:12 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://apnews.com/97a0700564fb52d7f664d8de22066f88

1. He shouldn't be charged with ANYTHING other than being a minor and having the rifle with him. It was CLEAR self defense thank god for the videos.
2. WHY in the hell would his parents let him leave and go to the riots? Armed or not armed I don't want my kids near this crap! His parents should be charged with neglect.
AP is a left wing source. Notice the 17 yo is a 'man' and also 'a police admirer'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
One of the guys then that 17 year old shot, he was the guy injuried on his arm, isn't white as snow as he pretend, he have some hidden skeletons in his closet from what I saw on another forum. https://www.findmugshots.com/arrests...d_6236626.html
He should be charged with assaulting a minor

Old 08-26-2020, 01:14 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
DM reporting that 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse of Illinois has been arrested for first degree murder in both shootings.
The Kenosha Police Chief just did a press conference. He said that the guy with the gun was from Antioch, IL. That's about 15 miles southwest of Kenosha, just over the Illinois border. It's maybe 50-60 miles north of Chicago.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
(I'm Just posting info., I'm not entirely sure what happened.)

Video at link:
https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1298692376571961344
Quote:
Mark Dice
@MarkDice
Kyle Rittenhouse shown shooting man who was attacking him with skateboard after fleeing the previous incident, and other man who approached him armed with a pistol.
https://twitter.com/AHawkfire/status...94215959040000

Old 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
17. His family will spend a fortune defending him against the system. Even getting charges dropped will cost him big time.
And evidently one guy was wounded. He'll be talking to a lawyer, too.
It will be a long time before his family sleeps comfortably again. Their bank account may never recover.
My gun stays at home, ready to do its duty from inside my house.
Nah, anyone defending themselves from a mob of savage morons will end up doing OK. First a gofundme or similar fundraiser will cover his legal costs. He has the opportunity to sue the BLM organization for organizing the riot that he was injured at-and their bank account has millions. He CAN take it further-sue the moronic excuse of a governor for his statements attacking LE and encouraging and enabling the rioters. And finally-he can sue the the estates and parents of the savages that were attacking him. Good chance he'll end up owning a portion of the city as well, for failing to deploy LE and NG to control the situation and putting him in danger.

As I said before, his biggest worry is a fine for littering.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:18 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Flood the Courts

Old 08-26-2020, 01:19 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
17. His family will spend a fortune defending him against the system. Even getting charges dropped will cost him big time.
And evidently one guy was wounded. He'll be talking to a lawyer, too.
It will be a long time before his family sleeps comfortably again. Their bank account may never recover.
My gun stays at home, ready to do its duty from inside my house.
That's not his (and his family's) biggest problem.

The rioters and looters will visit his house after a while. It's only 15 miles from Kenosha WI, just over the border in Antioch WI.

And the ones that can be armed, will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies