Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 11:29 AM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times

Advertisements

Whatever happened to the lawsuit against Don Lemon for the sexual assault accusation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 11:47 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
Here is the Gallup Poll he was probably referring to

Three-Fourths Of Americans Say Peaceful Protests Help Blacks, Violence Hurts Them - Poll

Quote:
Americans most likely view nonviolent demonstrations as beneficial for African Americans and least likely to say the same of violent protests, a new Gallup poll revealed on Wednesday comparing results to a similar survey more than three decades earlier

WASHINGTON (UrduPoint News / Sputnik - 26th August, 2020) Americans most likely view nonviolent demonstrations as beneficial for African Americans and least likely to say the same of violent protests, a new Gallup poll revealed on Wednesday comparing results to a similar survey more than three decades earlier.

"[Seventy-seven percent] of Americans up from 68 percent in 1988 say nonviolent protest can help improve the situation of Black Americans," a press release explaining the poll said. "[Twelve percent] up from 4 percent in 1988 say violent protest can help improve the situation of Black Americans."

However, 73 percent of Americans say that violent protests hurt efforts to improve the situation of Black Americans, down 6 points from the last Gallup survey posing the question in 1988, the release said.

The poll comes amid nationwide protests against police brutality and over racism since the death of George Floyd in police custody on may 25. However, many of the protests have turned into riots complete with violence against officers and civilians alike and acts of vandalism, arson, and looting. The riots continued after the shooting of another Black American man, Jacob Blake, by police in the state of Wisconsin over the weekend.
Biden needs to speak out against violent protest and so do so does BLM for the matter. Unless you want four more years of Trump. Fox is ony showing the violence and will continue to do so.

Old 08-26-2020, 11:50 AM

21,922 posts, read 9,494,494 times
I knew sooner or later, they would figure this out. You can expect their spin to be pro law and order now, even though they aren't really.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:31 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times
don lemon showing his true colors.. not that they were hard to spot before this.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:34 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08...-groups-964825

Not because its harmful to MANY MANY minority owned businesses or its harming innocent people but because it's bad for the democrats election chances. Sickening.
So it bothers you that Don Lemmon wants to stop rioting because of polls, but you are unaffected that Don Trump, sitting president, wants to stop mail services because he's afraid his opponent will get more votes counted?

M-kayyyy

Old 08-26-2020, 12:38 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
He said this:

"It is the only thing right now that is sticking.”

Exactly right. I have a long list of things I care about policy-wise. Usually, when I vote I go through the platforms carefully and make decisions.

But this election, I have only one thing on my mind: will a mob burn down my city? That is issue 1 through 25.

Did it take all summer for the Democrats/CNN to figure out that normal people care about their own safety? It must be nice living in a bubble.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:59 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Might be the smartest thing this man has ever said!

Old 08-26-2020, 02:08 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08...-groups-964825

Not because its harmful to MANY MANY minority owned businesses or its harming innocent people but because it's bad for the democrats election chances. Sickening.
The party and media of empathy reserves it all for themselves !!!

Old 08-26-2020, 02:18 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Default The Word is Going Out from DNC - Riots are Hurting Democrat Election Prospects and this Needs to "Go Away"

Don Lemon started the ball rolling last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZgUpaoPDY

The message was also sent to Portland yesterday from Democrat headquarters, police were a lot more aggressive in confronting the rioters. The Governor or Oregon has put out the message and is putting people on notice:

"Let me be clear: It’s time for the violence and vandalism to end so Portland can focus on the important work to be done to achieve real change for racial justice. Those who have committed acts of violence will be held accountable.— Governor Kate Brown (@OregonGovBrown) August 25, 2020"

https://twitter.com/OregonGovBrown/s...55206753681408

I don't know, this all sounds too very little too late. They let these demons out of their box and it's going to be hard to push them back in. The video is everywhere, regular people have been victimized in so many cities, I think they're too late

Old 08-26-2020, 02:20 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,307,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Here is the Gallup Poll he was probably referring to

Three-Fourths Of Americans Say Peaceful Protests Help Blacks, Violence Hurts Them - Poll

Biden needs to speak out against violent protest and so do so does BLM for the matter. Unless you want four more years of Trump. Fox is ony showing the violence and will continue to do so.
Biden won't speak out against it because he would offend the Democrat Party's base, BLM is heavily involved in it so they won't speak out against it, and Fox is allowed to show something that is actually happening and is newsworthy. Destroying once great cities in live time is newsworthy.

And the four more years of Trump...yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies