Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 05:53 AM

45,314 posts, read 26,582,895 times

Advertisements

Unless its an obvious blowout (not likely) expect this election to be contested like no other and the determination of outcome to drag on for months.
If Trump is crowned again, expect violence and a possible coup. The left will not go quietly into the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 06:04 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,379,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

Trump, on accepting the results of the election:

“I will look at it at the time,” the then-GOP nominee said during an Oct. 19 presidential debate. “I will keep you in suspense.”

Hillary:

“That’s horrifying. Let’s be clear about what he is saying and what that means. He is denigrating — he is talking down our democracy. And I am appalled that someone who is the nominee of one of our two major parties would take that position.”

“It’s funny, but it’s also really troubling,” she added. “That is not the way our democracy works.”

Hillary to Biden:

"If you lose, don't accept the results of the election."

Bingo. This old gasbag just never shuts up.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:10 AM

68,369 posts, read 54,599,622 times
It's really quite amusing to hear Trump supporters calling anyone else nasty and hateful, the level of hypocrisy is off the charts.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:11 AM

68,369 posts, read 54,599,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Bingo. This old gasbag just never shuts up.

Yeah, it's a shame nobody ever taught Donny if you shut up and listen you might actually learn something.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:31 AM

5,065 posts, read 6,374,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Biden will get so easily defeated in November, that he will have no choice but to concede.

As it is playing out now -- and his numbers will definitely get worse -- Joe Biden will be extremely lucky and very fortunate to carry every state Clinton did in 2016.

Biden will most likely lose New Hampshire, Minnesota, and maybe even Nevada, New Mexico and Virginia.
I live in Virginia. You haven't got the slightest clue about this state. Currently there are 7 Democratic Representatives and 4 Republican.

The major population areas are NOVA (blue to the max), Hampton Roads (quite blue), Richmond metro (blue-ish and getting bluer by the day). The major growth areas? NOVA and the Richmond areas (generally accepted to mean the city plus most of Henrico and Chesterfield counties)

The rest of the state is fairly sparsely populated in comparison to those 3 areas. It's not a certainty, but it definitely leans Democratic now and demographics tend to favor that continuing.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:40 AM

5,065 posts, read 6,374,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Maybe. Personally, I don't think nearly 65 million "wanted" Hillary. I think a large portion of those 65 million just didn't want Trump.
That's actually a very fair statement. I think you'll find it to be even more true this year. He's doing a fantastic job playing to HIS base-the populists. His base is not significant enough to overcome the large number of us that are absolutely repulsed by his stream of complete lies, hypocrisy, and blatant nepotism and corruption.

If for some reason President Trump won and left, putting Vice President Pence in charge, I think I'd be fairly pleased. Many of us would. Regardless of any other flaws, Pence is beyond a doubt disciplined.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:43 AM

764 posts, read 395,826 times
Hillary thinks she can rule! She is entitled. Do us a favor woman and go away!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2020, 08:03 AM

19,105 posts, read 12,801,765 times
lol, "don't concede"

good luck with that, Trump is already in the white house

Old 08-27-2020, 09:44 AM

8,166 posts, read 3,146,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
This whole thing is they are afraid of what judges Trump will pick for the court. Their handler Satan demands abortion continue. All those innocent souls dying before they get a chance to live in this world is a big win for him.
Ginsberg is about to give up the ghost and they know it. She's barely hanging on now. The demolibs all know this. The demolibs are all sweating bullets now because of it and other judges that President Trump may be able to pick.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:46 AM

8,166 posts, read 3,146,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The lame Democrats think it's still 2016 and they are still crying about it along with their hateful Hillary who sticks her nose in the elections when NOBODY wants her!
Exactly. Hillary's attempt at staying relevant in an election she has no nomination in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies