Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 09:44 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Because he's white & has white privilege.

He'll enjoy his time in jail though. I'm sure the other prisoners will treat him well.
You don't that they would rape a dude in a wheelchair do you?

Old 08-26-2020, 09:45 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:

He'll enjoy his time in jail though. I'm sure the other prisoners will treat him well.
I look forward to mining salt from you when he walks due to it being an obvious case of self defense.

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Knowing I have several backups pointing their guns at him, I would have put my gun away and introduced his face to the pavement. Jacob Blake's face, meet Mr. Pavement.

If he was indeed reaching for the knife, by this point, I would have put some distance between me and him. If he charges at me with the knife, I would have introduced his face to flying bullets. Jacob Blake's face, meet Mr. and Mrs. Bullets.

Here's the thing. We are using the hypothetical "what if he was reaching for the knife?" Let's be clear on this. This is purely hypothetical. Again, a lot of people have knives in their cars. I have several. Everybody I know has at least a knife or two in their car. We have no idea if he was reaching for the knife or something else. So, please don't use this ancient alien logical fallacy.

If X then Y. Therefore, definitely X and definitely Y.

People inadvertently use this fallacy all the time. Just don't fall into this trap.
It doesn't matter if he had a knife in his car. I'm not assuming he did. And I'm not assuming he didn't. All that matters is that this guy had a warrant for his arrest, a prior record, nothing was stopping him, and he was reaching for something. That's all that mattered in that moment. They let him go as long as they could and when they couldn't stop him from reaching down to get something from the floor of his car, there seemed to be enough of a threat there to shoot him.

You can Monday morning quarterback all you want but you weren't there. In looking at the videos, I think they exhibited great restraint in trying various options to stop him. If he had grabbed a gun and shot them, then the Monday morning quarterbacks would be telling everyone how, if they were the cop, they would have shot as soon as he reached for something on the floor.

This speculation is a hypothetical you want to engage in while dismissing the hypothetical of risk.

5,070 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:

He is not going to jail and he is a hero. nice seeing you show your racism again though

Old 08-26-2020, 09:49 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Knowing I have several backups pointing their guns at him, I would have put my gun away and introduced his face to the pavement. Jacob Blake's face, meet Mr. Pavement.

If he was indeed reaching for the knife, by this point, I would have put some distance between me and him. If he charges at me with the knife, I would have introduced his face to flying bullets. Jacob Blake's face, meet Mr. and Mrs. Bullets.

Here's the thing. We are using the hypothetical "what if he was reaching for the knife?" Let's be clear on this. This is purely hypothetical.
So what? Why would Blake reach into his car other than to get a weapon to kill the cops? That's what they had to be thinking, and it's reasonable to think that. Early reports said a gun was found in the car, but now they're denying it, so I don't know about that, but Blake made it look that's what he was reaching for.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:51 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I look forward to mining salt from you when he walks due to it being an obvious case of self defense.
In talking to cops some active and some retired they tell me most likely Kyle will walk thanks to the video footage

Old 08-26-2020, 09:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
So what? Why would Blake reach into his car other than to get a weapon to kill the cops? That's what they had to be thinking, and it's reasonable to think that. Early reports said a gun was found in the car, but now they're denying it, so I don't know about that, but Blake made it look that's what he was reaching for.
A former cop should know they have only seconds to assess a situation. It's unlikely anyone with a record ignoring the police and reaching inside his car is looking to grab his Slurpee.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:16 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I'm not getting why people think this is such an obvious case of self-defense. The first shooting appears to have stemmed from his defending property that wasn't his to defend, and even if it were by virtue of permission from the property owner, he used excessive force in doing so. Therefore after the first shooting he is now likely a fleeing felon and if so those in pursuit of him were legally within their rights to try to disarm and detain him.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:31 PM

208 posts, read 113,067 times
Quote:
Tell that to Philando Castile. And Elijah McClain.
While you're at it tell that to Daniel Shaver, Tony Timpa, Francisco Serna, Justine Damond, Eugene Mallory, John Wrana, and Jeremy Mardis. They didn't resist arrest either. Mostly unknown because of the colour of their skin. Doesn't fit the narrative, no national attention.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:44 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Jacob was a child rapist among other things and was going to kill the cops. Nice try kid but you failed at your agenda
Was he really a child Rapist? If he was I would give a shet about as much as I care about what happens Harvey Weinstein.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies