Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2020, 10:43 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,563 times

Advertisements

Absolutely! 100%. I think I am gonna get a shirt with his picture and American Hero on it made.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:44 AM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
NO, that's very stupid. They didn't arrest him because you don't arrest people who defend themselves against attackers. They knew he wasn't a threat because HE WAS THE ONE WHO CALLED THEM!

Even if your notion that he "created" the trouble was true, and there's literally no evidence of that, it wouldn't matter because he attempted to flee your terrorist comrades and made every reasonable attempt to escape meaning that even if he started it, he'd have the right to self defense.

Your buddies got what they deserved.
It's really hard for me to get to a point that he was 'defending himself' when he left his home in another state with a firearm he couldn't legally own and embedded himself in the middle of a riot.

I think this kid is in a world of doo-doo and I just don't see how a 'defense of self' claim is going to pan out in court.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:46 AM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Yeah... I wouldn’t say he is a hero. He was an idiot who needlessly put himself in a bad situation. He was backed into a corner and panicked. I don’t think his intent was to go there and do harm, but he should’ve know that going there can put himself into a precarious situation. He is now dealing with the ramifications of his actions and choices.
No different then a soldier being on the battleline with terrorists. Most Americans feel this way. When my house and I am personally attacked I will being doing exactly what Kyle is doing.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:48 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Kyle Rittenhouse, right wing militia extremist, shot and killed two but was allowed to walk away by police. He wasn't arrested until later. He was a far, far greater threat to public safety than Jacob Blake was. But it was Blake who got 7 bullets in his back, not Rittenhouse.

The same kiddie glove treatment was given to Dylann Roof. Come with us, son, you're under arrest for slaughtering a whole bunch of people in church, don't worry we won't hurt you.

Systemic racism is there to see, if you have an open mind and are not blinded by partisanship.
Not sure on Rittenhouse, I think the whole scene was complete chaos and the police really didn't know wtf was going on. He ended up turning himself in.

As far as Dylan Roof, there is actual video of his arrest. He completely complied with everything the officers asked.

Sorry if you don't see a difference in those scenarios.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:48 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Uh, because he didn't resist arrest?

Wow, that was a real head-scratcher.

Nailed it. It's amazing that it's even necessary to explain this to people. Cognitive dissonance is rampant in the US. Perhaps an unknown side effect of CV-19.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:49 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Securing business and on the defense, exactly why our founders allow for guns. Disagree with this? Go hang out with trash and see where it gets you.

I felt like I started doing that by reading a thread that basically begins with the premise that the Constitution, due process, and our justice system are BS.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Yes, he could of stayed at home in safety but he decided to step into the breach between his fellow citizens and the Marxist Mob !!! He volunteered to sacrificed himself to aid his fellow countryman !!!

It was a day prior in another thread where I said the everyday citizen is going to face the same choice our nations founders did !!! Become a political prisoner or fight to the death !!! Kyle Rittenhouse is now a political prisoner having survived the battle !!!

No Sieg Heil - Free Kyle !!!

Last edited by phma; 08-27-2020 at 11:08 AM..

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Nailed it. It's amazing that it's even necessary to explain this to people. Cognitive dissonance is rampant in the US. Perhaps an unknown side effect of CV-19.
It's excusing bad behavior is what it is, cognitive dissidence and a misguided sense of empathy

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
It's really hard for me to get to a point that he was 'defending himself' when he left his home in another state with a firearm he couldn't legally own and embedded himself in the middle of a riot.

I think this kid is in a world of doo-doo and I just don't see how a 'defense of self' claim is going to pan out in court.
Well it shouldn't be if you know even the first thing about the law.

No one has a right to attack you, even if you are 15 miles from your home, even if you are preventing them from burning down buildings, even if you are armed, even if you are a minor.

He was clearly attacked by a group of terrorists, instead of first responding with deadly force, he attempted to flee. He made every reasonable effort to escape, but unfortunately the sex offender assailant was too fast for him to outrun, so he was forced to respond with deadly force in order to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm.

He then immediately called the police, but the larger group of terrorists started to gather and threaten him again.....so again he attempted to flee.

The terrorists yet again caught up to him and attacked, forcing him to respond with deadly force.

It's a clear cut case of self defense. Even if you argue that he provoked the initial encounter, under Wisconsin law, if you make all efforts to escape then you reclaim any right to self defense that may have been lost due to alleged provocation on your part.

Now the DA can go after him for possessing a firearm underage....but that's a misdemeanor...and even then a jury is likely to be sympathetic because without that firearm, he'd likely be dead or hospitalized right now.

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
In today's world, I'll wait until all the facts are in before comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies