Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2020, 03:49 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The lethal round went in the rearward side of the burgler. DA tried to make a case that the 'victim' had to be attempting to flee. He was shot by a window- which he manged to break and jump out of after he was shot. He made it to his car, drove down the driveway and expired there.

Frankly, and this is my opinion, I could give a rats butt if an intruder in my house was wearing a pink tu-tu and doing PIROUETTES in my living room. He's a burgler and by virtue of that a criminal in my house- I'd have shot him. My families safety is worth prison time. That's how my friend feels too. However he had to sell a lot of possessions and his house to pay for the legal fees. That's the reality.

The laws looks black and white but often it's not, and I think this kid is in for a really bad ride along the legal tracks. He's charged with homicide as an adult. Not a great place to be.

I firmly believe people causing destruction of private and public property need to be arrested and/dealt with. Totally. The state needs to get their butts in gear.

I also believe vigilantism is simply not the answer to the problem. It creates more problems, not less. I think this kid was damned stupid to do what he did.
Yeah I absolutely see how that scenario could be problematic in your state.

In my state, if you break into someone's house at night....you basically just signed your death warrant. There wouldn't even be an arrest or trial in a scenario like that.

Old 08-27-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
I AM NOT a supporter of the mob wreaking havoc on the city of Kenosha! I AM NOT anti-police! I am the parent of a teenage son, and what this kid got himself into is my worst nightmare. I’d like to shake the living daylights out of his mother (and father if he’s around) for standing by and letting the kid wreck his future. It’s a horrible shame, and good parenting could have made all the difference.
His life is just fine. He'll beat the malicious prosecution without too much trouble and go on doing whatever he was doing before.

Having to defend yourself against terrorists isn't something that ruins your life....hell they give out medals for it in other circumstances.

Old 08-27-2020, 03:54 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxlong View Post
Hoo boy. So much dumb here. You need to go back to the University of Science and remember to take Professor Logic's course this time.
Answer this. Do you think the kid should be charged with breaking firearm possession laws if he was in violation of them? The gist of thread is that this kid did no wrong.

Old 08-27-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Answer this. Do you think the kid should be charged with breaking firearm possession laws if he was in violation of them? The gist of thread is that this kid did no wrong.
I'll answer that.

Absolutely, they should feel free to charge him with that misdemeanor offense because he was guilty. That said, I'm not sure a jury would convict him of it given that firearm potentially saved his life.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:01 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I'll answer that.

Absolutely, they should feel free to charge him with that misdemeanor offense because he was guilty. That said, I'm not sure a jury would convict him of it given that firearm potentially saved his life.
That’s what they got Bernie Getz with in the end. They were all breaking curfew.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 08-27-2020, 04:07 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
They're pro-violence. That's all they are. They hide behind Patriotism's skirt whenever they get called out. What's the saying "if all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail."? You can be pro-police and be anti-violence (which I think most people are).
Are you suggesting that the rioters and looters are patriots? They are certainly pro-violence!

Old 08-27-2020, 04:09 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, he was protecting himself against your terrorist comrades.

Yeah, there's a word for rittenhouse, vigilante.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:12 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Are you suggesting that the rioters and looters are patriots? They are certainly pro-violence!
Nope, I would call them criminals. I'm for protesting. I'm against rioting and looting. I'm against violence. I sure as hell don't think more violence, more anger, more hate is a way to solve a problem that started that way.

If I did use a word like patriot I would call the people saying we need to address the concerns and heal as a nation the patriots. There are people like that.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:13 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Yeah, there's a word for rittenhouse, vigilante.
Many words actually

Commie killer
Defender of western civilization
Pedophile killer

All good things.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:13 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
In today's world, I'll wait until all the facts are in before comment.
agree. just like we should all wait for facts regarding police shootings, we should do the same here before casting judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies