Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2020, 06:21 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, I know. Again, I don't believe that would impact any self-defense claims. Now, if he is shown to have murdered the first guy, that very well could.
It does.

The defendant's credibility is very important in self defense claims.

Illegal weapon crossing over state lines and what seems to be fleeing back to his home state kills that credibility. IMO, he has a better chance playing stupid teenager that didn't know better.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:24 PM

6,744 posts, read 3,360,889 times
This guy did what a lot of people would like to do. It doesn't make him a hero, but this is what happens when the police aren't allowed to do their jobs.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I know.

He was underage for "open carry" in WI.

Is it illegal to transport a firearm from IL to WI? I can't find anything that says it is.
He is too young to buy or possess a firearm in Illinois. Assuming he did not cross the state line on foot, the firearm was concealed in a car. That too is a crime as he is under 21.

He cherry - picked which laws he chose to follow.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:26 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
He is legally the Militia. Without conscription or signing up, he is immediately the Militia.
Good luck with that... just meeting requirements doesn't prove membership.

Besides, he isn't a resident of the state....

Old 08-27-2020, 06:32 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,643 times
If anyone wants to donate, Lin Wood is Kyle's lawyer among others, this is the Lin Wood that defended Richard Jewell and Sandmann as well! So he has a GREAT lawyer, he is posting on twitter a link to THE ONLY LEGITIMATE fundraiser for the defense of Kyle.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:36 PM

3,214 posts, read 1,601,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Good luck with that... just meeting requirements doesn't prove membership.

Besides, he isn't a resident of the state....
I would imagine volunteers would be accepted. Some people even cross national boundaries to volunteer in another country’s armed forces.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:37 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Amen. We need many more of him.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:44 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
If anyone wants to donate, Lin Wood is Kyle's lawyer among others, this is the Lin Wood that defended Richard Jewell and Sandmann as well! So he has a GREAT lawyer, he is posting on twitter a link to THE ONLY LEGITIMATE fundraiser for the defense of Kyle.
The kid is in good hands then, and like Richard Jewell, and Sandman, this kid should be absolved of murder charges. I'm sure the Democrat Mayor/Police Chief/DA will try to rail road the kid on all sorts of charges, but the only ones that are obvious are the underage weapons violations, and possibly some sort of evasion charge, but as we saw he had his hands up when the Police drove up, so probably not

Old 08-27-2020, 06:47 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It all depends upon what their news source is. CNN. and others absolutely tried to paint him like a mass shooter gone crazy. The reality is he was attacked. He defended himself. He was then attacked by multiple attackers, again while he was trying to get to the police. He defended himself again.

The Racist terrorist BLM rioters were trying to kill him. They kicked him, beat him with a skate board, he had every right to defend himself.

Yeah, I watch Don Lemon/CNN last night. He went on and on and on about the shooting and that two people were dead.

Yet, he never cut to a video clip of the shooting. Why not? Because anyone watching it can see the kid is chased and then attacked before he shoots.

Lemon also said the police saw the kid had an assault rife but if Kyle were Black he would have been shot. What Lemon left out is the weapon was clearly pointed toward the ground and the kid eventually did put his hands in the air.

17 year old kid vs. Rioters. Forget it. The MSM doesn't want to touch this story. All summer the country has watched chaos erupt in major cities. We witnessed "CHAZ" for Christ sake.

And now... here's a 17 year old kid who decided enough is enough.

Howard Bealel would be proud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRuS3dxKK9U

Old 08-27-2020, 06:49 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The kid is in good hands then, and like Richard Jewell, and Sandman, this kid should be absolved of murder charges. I'm sure the Democrat Mayor/Police Chief/DA will try to rail road the kid on all sorts of charges, but the only ones that are obvious are the underage weapons violations, and possibly some sort of evasion charge, but as we saw he had his hands up when the Police drove up, so probably not
They have him on 2 different kinds of 1st degree murder, I think 1 count of attempted murder, having a fun while underage and reckless conduct with the rifle. NONE of that should even stick except for the misdemeanor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies