Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 07:12 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,663,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Who cares? Seriously.
Heavily leaning towards that in all walks of life

I have broken clean from the New York Times, NBA, ESPN, Twitter, etc.. all these super biased immoral / unethical outlets that are amplifying a minority of mentally ill control freaks

People are tuning this garbage out in higher and higher numbers and getting the truth from more and more powerful sources online free of woke propaganda. I just don't bother with the sports that push this insanity anymore, NBA is right at the bottom of my crap list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 07:12 AM

34,175 posts, read 18,482,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You don’t know who she is, do you?

https://www.naomiosaka.com/en/profile/
Asians are the new Whites. You do know that there is more institutional Racism against Asians in this country than any other group, right? Just look at the law suit against Harvard for allowing unqualified Blacks in over very, very qualified Asians. Just one example.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:14 AM

45,135 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Who cares? Seriously.
The athletes are about to find out

Old 08-27-2020, 07:15 AM

41,877 posts, read 74,938,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
before today I had no idea who she was, but she got her 15 minutes of fame and I am sure lots of new twitter followers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Giving white liberal females another chance to virtue signal.
Wow. What's it like to live under a rock?

Old 08-27-2020, 07:16 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Asians are the new Whites. You do know that there is more institutional Racism against Asians in this country than any other group, right? Just look at the law suit against Harvard for allowing unqualified Blacks in over very, very qualified Asians. Just one example.
Did you look at her profile?

She’s not passing for “white.”

To the second point, if what you say about discrimination against Asians is true, then that’s all the more reason for her to be protesting, wouldn’t you say?

Old 08-27-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wow. What's it like to live under a rock?
I don't follow tennis, nor any Pro, nor College sports anymore due to the inclusion of politics. I did not know who she was either. I could only assume she was Asian from her name.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Did you look at her profile?

She’s not passing for “white.”
Never said she did. It is obvious from her name she is Asian

Quote:
To the second point, if what you say about discrimination against Asians is true, then that’s all the more reason for her to be protesting, wouldn’t you say?
Not even close to the same thing. It is the Liberal/Progressive institutions like colleges and universities and the Media to a degree that are prejudiced against Asians, not corporate America, nor Government.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:54 AM

6,457 posts, read 4,038,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Never said she did. It is obvious from her name she is Asian

Not even close to the same thing. It is the Liberal/Progressive institutions like colleges and universities and the Media to a degree that are prejudiced against Asians, not corporate America, nor Government.
She isn’t just Asian though. She’s half Asian, half Black. Haitian-Japanese American. She just uses her moms maiden name to let her be a Japanese citizen.

She’s also extremely famous beating Serena Williams to win her first grand slam and Japan’s first Grand Slam. She’s well known here and in Japan as one of their top Athletes and used to be ranked first in the female sport. She’s currently 10th but one of the youngest in the top 10 players at just 22.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:00 AM

15,066 posts, read 6,142,981 times
Her choice. Period.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:07 AM

17,379 posts, read 9,207,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Her choice
In normal times they would just put forfeit next to her name.
Good way to drive away the 1/3 actively opposed and the 1/3 who have zero care.

I wonder if they know they are making Trump commercials for him.
Each time an athlete or Team pulls out if a Competition.... it IS a Forfeit
These SJW Millionaire Elites think they will still get paid while they Forfeit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Yep, I have lost interest in the NBA and am about to drop the NFL if they jump on board.
#GoToChina is trending
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I'm not sure what kind of leverage these athletes think they are pressing with these boycotts. I for one am a sports fan who has learned to live without the sports over the course of this pandemic and frankly I have no patience for this kind of crap. Continuing to live without these sports until the athletes involved get their heads straight and realize their appeal is entirely based on their athletic ability and not their ideology will be very easy. Threatening to boycott is no threat at all as far as I am concerned and I doubt I'm alone in that.
In the Real World - Normal People recognize these are NOT Boycotts
These Millionaire Elite Athletes have gone on STRIKE - but they still think they will be Paid.

It won’t work out well for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies