Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 04:55 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

I thought she was going to talk about the time she was in a Target and a little old white lady asked her to reach for something for her. I remember Moochelle wasn't happy about that, like the old woman thought she worked there or something. I think Moochelle thought it was beneath her and I'm surprised she didn't have a racist comment to make about it. I don't think it ever dawned on her that the old lady asked her to reach for something because she was tall?

Moochelle O. It is sad when someone is so caught up in it that they see racism everywhere they look. Like the time she said she was living in a house that slaves built.

I thought we had moved past all that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 05:06 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Are you for real? When did that happen?
While she was First Lady. She complained about it in an interview with People magazine.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:08 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,661,006 times
Michelle and Obama used the race card anytime they could. Michelle speaking to a group of children said, "I live in a house built by slave."

Old 08-27-2020, 05:25 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,423 times
Without white people she and oprah and all the others would be nothing

Old 08-27-2020, 05:29 PM

17,401 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I’ve had people cut in line in front of me before. And I’m white. It’s not racism; it’s rudeness and thinking the world revolves around you.
I honestly think the majority of slights in every day life that blacks perceive as racism are from people just being as$holes in general.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:36 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Once people become so sensitive, it becomes impossible to do anything right. I agree with everyone who has said that the short lady asked Michelle to reach something down for her because she was tall, not because she was black.

But suppose that other lady had become paranoid, just as we are all rapidly becoming, and had thought--"Maybe I shouldn't ask this tall black woman to get something down for me. She might think I am asking her just because she is black and I think of her as a servant. I'd better ask someone who is not black."

So she waits for a tall white person to come by and asks him or her for help. What does Michelle think now? "Oh, you see! This elderly white woman is so prejudiced she won't even talk to a black person. She will only approach a white person. I've been discriminated against!"

Old 08-27-2020, 05:46 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Once people become so sensitive, it becomes impossible to do anything right. I agree with everyone who has said that the short lady asked Michelle to reach something down for her because she was tall, not because she was black.

But suppose that other lady had become paranoid, just as we are all rapidly becoming, and had thought--"Maybe I shouldn't ask this tall black woman to get something down for me. She might think I am asking her just because she is black and I think of her as a servant. I'd better ask someone who is not black."

So she waits for a tall white person to come by and asks him or her for help. What does Michelle think? "Oh, you see! This elderly white woman is so prejudiced she won't even talk to a black person. She will only approach a white person. I've been discriminated against!"
LOL at the short lady asking for help. I could be that lady. There is one particular item I like that is always on the top shelf and out of reach. I have asked for help from black folks and white folks, men and women, older and younger, always with a "please" and "thank you" and a comment about being "height challenged."

If I ever run into Ms. Obama I will certainly not trouble her, though. I am white.

Author Lee Child named his character "Reacher" because Child was always being asked to reach for things on the higher shelves.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:51 PM

8,171 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post

So she waits for a tall white person to come by and asks him or her for help. What does Michelle think now? "Oh, you see! This elderly white woman is so prejudiced she won't even talk to a black person. She will only approach a white person. I've been discriminated against!"
Yeah, pretty much.
Anticipating the worst in people and in interactions and LOOKING for slights that are not even there, truly skews your view of the world. If you don't keep that sort of mentality in check, it can really turn you into a negative and hateful person.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:54 PM

21,928 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Are you for real? When did that happen?
She posted the link. What more do you need?

Old 08-27-2020, 05:55 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Malone kicked off the conversation by alleging that sometimes “people don’t believe you” when discussing racism.

Obama clarifies, “And and when you say people you mean white people,” later adding that those white people “don’t experience this in their lives.”

“I had told the Secret Service to stand back, because we were trying to be normal,” Obama claims, and still “a white woman cuts right in front of us to order.”

After Obama supposedly called her out, the woman “didn’t apologize, she never looked me in my eye, she didn’t know it was me.”

“All she saw was a Black person, or a group of Black people, or maybe she didn’t even see that,” she recalled. “Because we were that invisible.”

Really? Really?! Your husband is the first African American President of the United States and you felt invisible?

Yes, really. I don't find that hard to believe. I'm sure that there are many, many Americans who as soon as they see dark skin, look no further. It's the same way elderly people are disrespected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies