Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 05:42 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I didn't. I thought you were calling me out for my bad. Am I going to need a secret decoder ring to get the hidden message or will it be obvious?
D R I N K Y O U R O V O L T I N E

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 05:42 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Just a point of clarification, because it sounds like you are implying the date of the video rules out riots. The riots started even before the protests. There was rioting on the night George Floyd died.
All this started because someone wanted to interchange protestors with the rioters and go after the 1at amendment.

Old 08-28-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
D R I N K Y O U R O V O L T I N E

I totally thought of that kid today, weird.

Old 08-28-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The fake protests, otherwise known as terrorist riots, are coming to my city tomorrow night, according to our Mayor who just sent out a city wide curfew notice for tomorrow.

Her message was such bs. I went on Nextdoor to see what people in my area think about it, and the majority are pi$$ed at all of this, and at this useless mayor who is going to allow even more destruction downtown, like the terrorist rioters did the last time they were here.

Her message was very condescending. I can't wait to vote against her.

Anyway, a handful of people on the app have declared that they will openly defy the curfew, and will, if necessary, do what they have to do if things get out of control.

People are tired of this crap.

Go ahead and cheer about this, Kamala, you're pushing even liberals in my area to hate the left.
So how did last night go? Did you get terrorized?

Old 08-28-2020, 06:39 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Your headline and text don't match. One person saying they won't stop isn't the same thing as an entire party not wanting them to stop.

Kamala is probably right. People finally realize that this is the only way to get Trump's attention, because for some strange reason, no matter how many cops are shown to be attacking black people who are not a threat, the cops keep right on doing it.
TIL that the federal government is responsible for the policing activities of local municipalities.

Old 08-28-2020, 06:50 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Oh my, if Trump gets re-elected, I expect the looney-left to not take it too kindly.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:45 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
She has an Indian mother. Is that Hindu-Indian or Moslim-Indian as their philosophy is very different, which might explain the Chameleon's propensity for violence. However, it doesn't explain stupidity.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:47 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Maybe to you. I see the protestors as different from the rioters. I think if a person is going to quote someone they should use the same word.
So protesters and rioters are mutually exclusive?

No, they’re not.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:56 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
She has an Indian mother. Is that Hindu-Indian or Moslim-Indian as their philosophy is very different, which might explain the Chameleon's propensity for violence. However, it doesn't explain stupidity.

Her mother of full Hindu lineage (Brahmin, the highest caste). Kamala has gone full on BLM for "identity politics" reasons. She used to be a prosecutor who put Blacks behind bars for victimless crimes such as drug use which I don't agree with but it's better than being on the other end of letting arsonists, looters, and even murderers off the hook under the guise of "protesting" police brutality. Being a person of Hindu origins, I am very disappointed in her now stance. I was hoping she'd be a centrist and speak out against the riots and talk more about productive means of helping the U.S recover from the Covid crisis. I have no choice but to vote against her.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:19 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Unhappy Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Her mother of full Hindu lineage (Brahmin, the highest caste). Kamala has gone full on BLM for "identity politics" reasons. She used to be a prosecutor who put Blacks behind bars for victimless crimes such as drug use which I don't agree with but it's better than being on the other end of letting arsonists, looters, and even murderers off the hook under the guise of "protesting" police brutality. Being a person of Hindu origins, I am very disappointed in her now stance. I was hoping she'd be a centrist and speak out against the riots and talk more about productive means of helping the U.S recover from the Covid crisis. I have no choice but to vote against her.
ThinkingOutsideTheBox, Thank you for your response. Living in he Bay Area I am keenly aware of the difference in philosophies but I guessed incorrectly about her frame of reference. Never would have pegged her as Brahmin with her hateful mouth and actions.

I remember hearing about her when she and Willie were cheating on his wife and has done nothing to improve my opinion of her. Hopefully, this failed election will give her something to reflect on but I suspect it will only fuel more of her hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies