Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2020, 12:43 PM

29,575 posts, read 14,720,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Have you actually heard him say he supports rioting?

I know Trump says it 30 times a day, but he is a known liar.

Biden said he opposed defunding, and actually wants to increase police funding. Harris is ex LE, and apparently one who was pretty tough on crime, even marijuana.
Haven't heard him condoning it either.

It does state here that "silence is violence"...so , am I just interpreting it wrong ?

https://www.globalintegrity.org/2020...cklivesmatter/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 12:43 PM

20,774 posts, read 8,615,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Trump has created and built the foundation for the racial discord and once simmering anger, now boiling, that has revealed itself in cities all across America this summer.
Yet, strangely, all this violence is happening in tolerant, diverse, Democrat controlled cities.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:44 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,816,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Yet, strangely, all this violence is happening in tolerant, diverse, Democrat controlled cities.
This needs to be hammered again and again.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:48 PM

18,471 posts, read 7,110,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They are struggling to deal with the issues and violence right now. They aren't holding their cities hostage. There aren't any easy solutions. The President insulting them, though, isn't helping matters. Maybe he could actually work his magic spells to bring peace to American cities. But he doesn't have any magic spells.

Maybe it would help if these Dem politicians would stop making excuses for the violence and destruction, stop conflating the riots with peaceful protests, start letting the police actually do their jobs and arrest the ones commiting the riots and then actually convict them too.

If they want Trump's help doing that, all they have to do is ask.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This kind of violence and chaos is what the conservative pundits were predicting under Obama's watch. Didn't happen.......and now this.

Trump said nothing last night to unify to reach across the aisle.

You can't provide leadership in a divided country but deepening the divide.

If he can solve it now -- solve it. Stop playing political games. Just fix it and make his critics eat crow.
Wait, what ?! BLM, the rise of anti fascist groups , and unrest started in 2014. Did you forget ?

Old 08-28-2020, 12:59 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,250,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wait, what ?! BLM, the rise of anti fascist groups , and unrest started in 2014. Did you forget ?

Apparently I forgot there was a nationwide protest that drew tens of millions of people in 2014 and was so prominent that the NBA got in the act.

Can you link to a source?

Old 08-28-2020, 01:00 PM

18,471 posts, read 7,110,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Fat Bob,

You can't address the points, so you try to make it about me.

People always do that when they realize they are defending a weak position.

Your "points" have been addressed multiple times in this thread and many others.

All if which you completely ignore and keep spouting the same debunked pablum over and over in the hope that maybe someone will buy the horse dung you're selling if you keep harping it enough.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Apparently I forgot there was a nationwide protest that drew tens of millions of people in 2014 and was so prominent that the NBA got in the act.

Can you link to a source?

So, are you talking protests or violence...I was replying to violence.

"Original quote
This kind of violence and chaos is what the conservative pundits were predicting under Obama's watch. Didn't happen.......and now this.

As far as protests, well this was pretty big.

"Hands up , don't shoot" made it all the way to Hong Kong, into music, and many other things...Sorry I don't have time to look for any more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hands_...lice%20officer.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:05 PM

552 posts, read 224,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Trump has created and built the foundation for the racial discord and once simmering anger, now boiling, that has revealed itself in cities all across America this summer.

Trump didn't build any border wall, but he built these riots, and he laid his first brick in Charlottesville, Virginia. If he gets another term he will keep pouring gas on his fires for 4 more years.

Thank you, this is the most sensible post I have ever seen here.

I knew we were in trouble back when Covid first hit and food was
disappearing from shelves due to panic buying. An elderly black
man happened to walk up to me in the store, he said to me that
he was 90 and he had never seen anything like this in his life.
I looked him in the eye and told him people were terrified and
this was tangible proof they do not trust Trump. I was so angry
I was shaking. I let him know this was all 100% on Trump.

I don't know if he was a Trump supporter, or just never connected
the dots. He just stopped talking to me and walked away. I could
tell by the looks the other shoppers gave me that they agreed with
my sentiment.

Think about it: If Trump wins reelection, he has zero incentive to
change anything in his M.O. If anything, it will embolden his hatred.
His only incentive will be to further obstruct and deny truth. He will
encourage and allow civil war to take place in our streets. Police
and federal agents will join the National Guard in a soldier vs civilian
situation that will escalate.

Last edited by Tylerrose; 08-28-2020 at 01:15 PM..

Old 08-28-2020, 01:06 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,250,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Your "points" have been addressed multiple times in this thread and many others.

All if which you completely ignore and keep spouting the same debunked pablum over and over in the hope that maybe someone will buy the horse dung you're selling if you keep harping it enough.

All you did was launch personal attacks and then say "your points have been addressed!"

Yes, calling someone delusional = completely refuting their points and automatically win the argument. Right-wing logic wins again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies