Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2020, 07:56 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...you don’t feel bad for blacks. You’re just kvetching because they aren’t voting for Republicans.

Moreover, conservatives don’t believe in ultimate liberty. If they do, why aren’t they pushing for the legalization of drugs?

I don’t want anything to do with “equality.” I don’t even know what that’s supposed to mean. Equality? I’m your equal at a minimum the day I was born. Who are you that I should seek to be equal to you?

I don’t want this equality nonsense you’re talking about. I’m demanding equal protection under the law. You can have all that equality crap. It ain’t worth a roll of wet toilet paper.

And no, I absolutely refuse to work towards being seen as favorable by you or any other white person. If anything, you’d better be working to be seen as favorable by me, not the other way around...if you’re gonna sit here and push such a thing. I’m not interested in being seen in a better light. When whites were free to kick and cow blacks into being totally humiliated with complete impunity, y’all didn’t see us in a favorable light back then, did you? So now that I no longer live in fear of white humiliation, you want me to kowtow to your silly notion of being a mealy mouthed shoe shine boy in order to gain your favor? LMAO...please. Ain’t gonna happen. I’m not here for it.

You may as well go to someone else with this equality nonsense. You can’t hold that over our heads. Perish the thought.
Re: bold: Apparently some folks prefer the 'peaceful oblivion' of the Gone With The Wind version of American history.

Quote:
Analysis: Chapters XLIII–XLVII

In this section, the pervasive influence of the Ku Klux Klan becomes clear. The Klan plays a pivotal role in the lives of many of the novel’s most prominent male characters. Now, for the first time, both we and Scarlett begin to understand the extent of Klan involvement among the white men of Atlanta. Scarlett’s friends have kept her in the dark about Frank’s Klan involvement, knowing that she disapproves of the Klan. Scarlett believes that Frank goes out to political meetings at night, even when Rhett laughingly hints at Frank’s Klan membership by urging Scarlett to have Frank spend more nights at home. She remains oblivious to Frank’s Klan involvement until the night he is killed. In Chapter XLV, Scarlett’s peaceful oblivion shatters ...
https://www.sparknotes.com/lit/gonew...tion11/page/2/

Old 08-28-2020, 07:56 AM
bu2

24,092 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
I do not see how this can continue to go on for many more years. You have the 'woke' black types, which are a pretty large % of the black community, seeing themselves as constant victims and making martyrs out of criminals. You have a large portion of the white community, especially in rural areas, completely 180 degrees opposed to BLM.

How does this end? I know the idea of a 'race war' (whatever 'war' means in modern terms) has been scoffed at, but I kind of feel like we are on the verge that now. It is even starting to spill over into the suburbs recently, and its just a matter of time before it gets into more rural areas.

Lets be honest, there has never been racial harmony in this country and it was just a matter of time before this got worse. National politics certainly isnt the answer.

Where does this all lead to?
We just need to crush the Democratic Party in this next election. Trump will go back to giving economic opportunity to everyone.

The problem isn't Black vs. White. Its mostly white far left vs. everyone else. Their takeover of the Democratic Party needs to be crushed. Black people are concerned, but the most hateful nuts are the white leftists.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:00 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Let me know when you figure out how to change human nature, and I will tell you when we will end racism. And war. And hunger. And greed. And lust. And crime.

There are a lot of reasons race relations have not improved much since the 1950s. A lot of it is human nature. People tend to be comfortable with like people and suspicious of unlike people. It is normal. Then there are all of the peolpe on both sides of the political isle who have a vested interest in dividing us. Then there are all the companies that have a financial stake in keeping us at each other's throats. Then you simply have normal envy and hatred.

So don't expect race relations to improve any time soon. Too many people don't want them to improve.
Race relations have improved phenomenally since 1950. You watch too much TV. They have improved phenomenally just since 1980.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:03 AM

21,928 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
If this moment in time were only about “justice” and the unequal treatment of blacks by LEOs, then I might feel compelled to be part of seeking that justice in whatever small way I could.

However, as every day goes by, it becomes ever more clear that this moment in time is NOT about “justice.” It is about oppressing white people, making whites “pay”, making whites feel guilty for something they had no part in, undermining white culture and white beliefs, and so forth. Many threads on this forum over the last two months have explored this and demonstrated this quite thoroughly.

The video from yesterday of the Target in Minneapolis being looted and destroyed (again?) depicts quite clearly that the sole purpose of this movement is to destroy, and to take from people through anger and violence.

As a result, I have no hope of sharing a society with people like that, or people who support that, excuse that, and defend that. I suspect I am far from alone in thinking this way. Will segregation become more pronounced again? I am guessing so.

As the saying goes, “when people show you who they are, you should believe them.”

Why should law abiding citizens believe people like this who say they want “ justice”? Justice would see them all thrown in jail for robbery and vandalism.
See I don't think this is about racism at all. It's a bunch of people who never amounted to anything in life trying to bring down those that have. And the people who are doing it are not just black. They are black and white. They have no property of their own, so they steal or destroy yours. And their is also a group of people who benefit from stoking this. They get power, bigger government programs so they can kickback to their friends/family, etc. They make lots of money by selling home delivered goods because people are too scared to leave home. Follow the money. This isn't really about race at all.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:04 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Race relations have improved phenomenally since 1950. You watch too much TV. They have improved phenomenally just since 1980.
Agreed, until roughly 2014. Then it started going the other way.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:08 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Maybe the illegal actions of many in the Black community should change to stop being STATISTICALLY most likely to commit crimes. Profiling is part of good police work. It yields results because it is based upon statistics. And YOU are at the top of the list. Change that and the issue goes away.

Not rocket science is it?
Drug use is equal across the races, so why are Black people booked more than White people for possession?

And statistically, men are more likely to commit any number of crimes than women. So let's start profiling more GOP White men for random searches. That's acceptable, right?

Old 08-28-2020, 08:08 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I think we need this revolt and protest for change to happen in what is now called policing, and the laws that govern the criminal justice system. People’s minds are not going to change until laws that make being black a crime does not change. The number of people who are jailed will change only when we stop privatizing prisons and making them into profit centers. It will change when we invest in public schools and infrastructure in black neighborhoods so that all American children get excellent education and the resources they need to succeed. When we no longer have neighborhoods segregated by race.
So it starts with legislation.
Being black is not a crime. Resisting arrest is. I'm sure police do carry bias with them in their day to day work. I dont know how you couldnt and dont know how you change that. Get rid of the police? All you will get is mass destruction of inner city neighborhoods.

The number of black people in jail has nothing to do with private prisons. That is some nonsense you read on huffpost.

It has been proven time and time again that you dont fix schools by throwing more money at them.

Neighborhoods segrated by race? That is personal choice. And if you think you can legislate that away you are fooling yourself.

Legislation is not the answer here, I'm sorry. Legislation is not going to change the hearts and minds of people positively and often times it makes people resentful.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:09 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
Communication and debate leads to understanding and respect. Not yelling in people's faces, not #activism slogans like "White silence is white violence", not rioting and calling for police to be injured and disbanded.

We want to talk about police brutality, and that's fine, but we should also talk about compliance with police officers. We need improvement from police behavior while at the same time pushing people to become a better citizen.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:10 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It’s almost something that the White Supremacists would put on to show blacks in the worst of light. Sort of like that Smithsonian exhibit that said working hard, respecting authority, and speaking properly are “white traits.”
Something the White leftists undoubtedly put together, who think Blacks aren't really Black if don't vote Democrat.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:11 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Maybe the illegal actions of many in the Black community should change to stop being STATISTICALLY most likely to commit crimes. Profiling is part of good police work. It yields results because it is based upon statistics. And YOU are at the top of the list. Change that and the issue goes away.

Not rocket science is it?
Can the NYPD Spot the Abusive Cop? is not rocket science.

Quote:
CCRB Records show that 40 percent of the 35,000 officers on the force today have never been the subject of a citizen complaint. Another 20 percent have only one. Yet about a thousand cops have 10 or more complaints. One has been able to rack up 51. The name of that officer is confidential, as are the names of any officer who is the target of a CCRB complaint.

“If an officer has a pattern of a lot of complaints, let alone substantiated complaints, that officer is certainly worth watching and even warning and certainly retraining,” Emery said.

Yet — at least until now — the department hasn’t seemed too interested in using the board’s trove of records to spot problem officers.
https://www.wnyc.org/story/can-the-n...e-abusive-cop/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies