Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 11:14 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Race isn't skin color: Indians have skin darker than Blacks yet are considered "Asians" rather than "Black" when it comes to counting them as "people of color".
maybe in the UK, where asians refer to people of indian, pakistanian, bangladeshian descent. in the US, asians refer to east asians.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:16 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Lord have mercy.

Most people in this country get along just fine.

Except as$holes. They'll never get along with anyone.

The problem is white people. But not in the way you think White liberal young women doing two things: yelling at other white people that they are racist and must accept and bow down and read these books and be quiet except when you're an ally except when you're not supposed to be ... phew. Lots of rules. And then liberal white women pretending that their the great white hope and they need to save all the black people in this country and some how they've been the only ones ordained to do so.

Basically everyone in this country gets along with everyone else.

Except: as$holes who don't get a long with anyone.

And young white liberal women who don't get along with any other white people.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:26 PM

138 posts, read 156,156 times
Quote:
Would I be accepted in rural North Dakota?
Are you a conservative? If so, you'd have no problem. If you are a liberal who wants to tell others how to think, that would be a problem. My wife is a person of color and more anti-BLM then I am. We also have two black nurses from Ghana that have come on staff at the local hospital and left other larger cities with all the associated BLM craziness. They don't want any part of the BLM movement.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
i get it but i dont think self segregation is the answer either. eventually it metastasizes and spills over into other places. its what we are seeing now. thats kind of at the core of what i'm asking - we have to find a way to respect each other or this aint gonna work.
I will let you live there then. I used to be a proponent of radical desegregation. Then came the BLM movement. Now I think its time to move out and let them deal with the consequences of their ideas.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
would they prejudge me on the color of my skin and assume I'm a thug or give me a chance to prove the content of my character?
See my comment just above about 2 comments back.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:34 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
I live in Los Angeles and everyone regardless of their skin colors get along just fine. No race war here. The average person here just wants to go to work, go home to see their family
, and gets on with their life.

The problems here is the MSM gives their platform to the most loudest and vocal extreme far left.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:35 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschooldad1 View Post
See my comment just above about 2 comments back.

Very glad to hear that. I'm a person of color but not of African descent. I'm Indian but not the kind you think of in North Dakota. Educated immigrants from Africa are often more culturally similar to Asians in the sense that they value education, hard work, and strong family values.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Very glad to hear that. I'm a person of color but not of African descent. I'm Indian but not the kind you think of in North Dakota.
We have an Indian (from India) doctor on staff. He likes rural ND and doesn't have an interest in living anywhere else. Doesn't even want to move to the larger cities in the state. Says the people are very warm and friendly.

Last edited by homeschooldad1; 08-27-2020 at 11:59 PM..

Old 08-28-2020, 12:02 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschooldad1 View Post
We have an Indian (from India) doctor on staff. He likes rural ND and doesn't have an interest in living anywhere else. Doesn't even want to move to the larger cities in the state. Says the people are very warm and friendly.

I have always lived in the suburbs of big cities (early years in Pittsburgh, PA, then we moved to the L.A. area when I was 10, went to college in Berkeley, and working as an engineer in the Silicon Valley since graduation). I work a job that can entirely be done from home so I've thought about relocating to a cheaper, more rural area as I'm culturally more upper class white (the recent Indian immigrants here in Silicon Valley can be very insular and stick to their own kind). I was thinking of Boise, Idaho or Spokanne, WA as I still want mid size city amenities.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:31 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Would I be accepted in rural North Dakota?
Judging from the zillions of posts you make on the topic here, you're obsessed with your own skin color. I'm sure that makes other people uncomfortable around you. If you'd relax and quit worrying about it so much you'd fit in better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies