Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 05:36 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

And DeAnna Lorraine "clapped back" right at Cardi B.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/card...125154628.html

Quote:
While Cardi didn't comment directly on the speech, she definitely didn't hold back when DeAnna Lorraine—a former Republican congressional candidate—tweeted, “America needs far more women like Melania Trump and far less like Cardi B."

Cardi's response included a reference to her new hit song. “Didn’t she used to sell that Wap?” the rapper wrote.

Lorraine, of course, hit back at Cardi B with this problematic tweet:

"Cardi B:

-drugged & robbed men during her time as a ‘stripper’.

-raps songs about her genitalia, corrupting our youth.

-her husband cheated on her and she told the youth of America that it’s okay to stay with a cheating man.

...and Joe Biden & Kamala Harris campaign with her!"
No response from Cardi B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 05:40 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,230 times
Cardi B is a piece of modern, degenerate trash.

Old 08-28-2020, 05:43 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
WTF is a "Cardi B"? Someone whose parents didn't like her very much?

Old 08-28-2020, 05:46 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
How the hell did Retardi B become a household name anyway? What is her beneficial contribution to our society or culture?

Old 08-28-2020, 06:54 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I had to look up who Cardi B was and her images were all about her body and sex. That is such a nice message to be sending to her young fans. She is telling girls their worth is in their bodies. She is telling boys that it is ok to see and treat girls as sexual objects.

I agree we need more intelligent women like Melania (she did marry well) but she is also living the American Dream of so many immigrants.

Cardi B.? We have enough sex peddlers.

Old 08-28-2020, 07:16 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I had to look up who Cardi B was and her images were all about her body and sex. That is such a nice message to be sending to her young fans. She is telling girls their worth is in their bodies. She is telling boys that it is ok to see and treat girls as sexual objects.

I agree we need more intelligent women like Melania (she did marry well) but she is also living the American Dream of so many immigrants.

Cardi B.? We have enough sex peddlers.
Not to mention the way she speaks. part ghetto trash, part mentally disabled..

Old 08-28-2020, 07:41 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Cardi B is pure filth.

Old 08-28-2020, 07:46 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,145 times
Yea Cardi B is some trash. The rap game needs more people like Talib Kweli and Lupe Fiasco and less people like Cardi B. These record companies sell trash.

Old 08-28-2020, 07:47 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Cardi B is gross. And who the hell cares what she thinks?

Old 08-28-2020, 08:05 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Yea Cardi B is some trash. The rap game needs more people like Talib Kweli and Lupe Fiasco and less people like Cardi B. These record companies sell trash.
That is the music industry period. Few real artists that are ground breaking or have a message after they go on a major label. Hell, U2 since the album Vertigo was on has been called sell outs. Few like Rage Against the Machine (except their recent reunion tour that was sidelined with Covid) are true to their message and vision. That said Rage broke up by the time of their last studio album Renegades in 2000 which was all cover songs.

The music industry of today is stagnant. We really haven't had concept albums since 2009 because the music industry is all about getting a 30 second play on Spotify or Apple Music. Nobody buys music and nobody listens to the radio... The Cardi B's of the world are here to stay so long as the music industry stays where it is.

Now let me be clear, I don't like Cardi B and most rap like that. Give me 80's and 90's stuff like Run DMC, Public Enemy, Fresh Prince, L.L. Cool J, etc. The rap music of today and I have tried to listen to it besides say Childish Gambino or say Post Malone, is largely vapid and just there. I lump the Emo Rap thing in there as well.

As for the claim that we need more Melania Trumps and less Cardi Bs, I would argue we need less of both. Melania was a model and was even a nude model and not for artwork. Cardi B likewise started nude as a stripper. I guess i can give Cardi and to an extent Melania props for rising out of "nothing" but both are not fully moral people. Melania choses to stand by a man who cheated on her by his own word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies