Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 10:25 AM

376 posts, read 102,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But why wouldn't highly devoted Trump followers and lovers do the same to Democrats in the big cities?
Because Republicans very rarely do the insane things the left does. Not the left of 30 or 40 years ago. The left of today. They are a different animal today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 10:27 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer & Manatee View Post
The left knows people voting in person will be more Republican than Democrat, so they can change the outcome by intimidating those who show up in person. They will try to make people afraid to even show up. Mark my words. This is going to happen.

Wasn't there some Black Panthers group that did that in 2016 and tried to intimidate voters also?

Old 08-28-2020, 10:27 AM

6,666 posts, read 2,969,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
This probably will happen and the radical leftist lunatics can try and intimidate all they want, but none of them can be in the voting booth. Nobody is going to be affected by their tactics.

I'm voting in person and will carry my 9mm Sig in plain sight. I can play the intimidation game, too.
True, it's just you in the booth. But I think the OP meant they will be massing outside just making an unsafe environment for people wanting to come.

Look at how they have already started harassing normal civilians trying to eat a meal outside. As you walk in they'll be shouting, " Who are you voting for?! Tell me! tell me!"

And if you don't answer, whether you were in fact gonna vote for Biden or Trump, they will just assume you were gonna vote Trump and since you are complicit in his atrocities then you are a threat and and a micro-aggression so they are allowed to respond with physical aggression.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
The left knows people voting in person will be more Republican than Democrat, so they can change the outcome by intimidating those who show up in person. They will try to make people afraid to even show up. Mark my words. This is going to happen.
This was spread around before the last Presidential election as a way of deterring folks to go and vote.

Fear mongering --- it's what's happening.

Old 08-28-2020, 11:34 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
We will see the angry mobs at polling locations come November, trying to intimidate voters
Not where i live. It would end quite badly for anyone trying to do that, it pleases me to say.

Old 08-28-2020, 11:36 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Wasn't there some Black Panthers group that did that in 2016 and tried to intimidate voters also?
Yup. Club carrying Black Panthers. Saw the vids on YouTube.

Old 08-28-2020, 11:42 AM

376 posts, read 102,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
True, it's just you in the booth. But I think the OP meant they will be massing outside just making an unsafe environment for people wanting to come.

Look at how they have already started harassing normal civilians trying to eat a meal outside. As you walk in they'll be shouting, " Who are you voting for?! Tell me! tell me!"

And if you don't answer, whether you were in fact gonna vote for Biden or Trump, they will just assume you were gonna vote Trump and since you are complicit in his atrocities then you are a threat and and a micro-aggression so they are allowed to respond with physical aggression.
Yes

Old 08-28-2020, 11:53 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
I could just show up to the polls without showering & shaving for a good solid two weeks while wearing a BLM t-shirt. Voting for President Trump under the radar, which is basically what I did in 2016 anyways. No bumper stickers, no yard signs, I'm just simply a poker-faced voter.

Which brings me to this. I find it very interesting and much out of the ordinary to notice that there have been 0 "zero" bumper stickers for this upcoming election. Absolutely not one bumper sticker for or against Biden. I live in demolib la la land and all previous elections of the past there were tons of pro demolib stickers with very few Republican stickers. Not a single one this time. What signal is this sending? Is anyone else noticing this as well? In 2016, 1 out of every 4-5 or so vehicles had the "I'm ready for Hillary" bumper sticker on it. 1 in maybe 1000 vehicles had the "Hillary For Prison" bumper stickers. This election, not one for either demolibs or republicans. Interesting.

Because of all of the rioting, protesting, looting? Everyone is scared that their vehicle will be destroyed because local demolib leadership isn't doing anything to protect the communities from the destruction and violence?

Old 08-28-2020, 12:03 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Actually I believe that was 2008. They were saying things like "prepare to be ruled by the Black man" and supporting Obama.

I do believe this election is going to be a mess. There will be violence and attempts at intimidation by the radical left. Supported by the BLM movement and others. Possibly ANTIFA will be out pulling their crap.

That Black armed militia group that wants TX made into a Black nation might pull some stuff. Small scale as they are they are radical and armed fanatics. Theres bound to be brushfire clashes this go around I think.

Peaceful and individual and group opinion that goes against this new breed of leftist and the race baiters dont mix well. It has been stated and even supported by elected reps like AOC Omar the whole 'squad's and even Pelosi and the Dem leaders that taking power by force is acceptable.

This is a powder keg next to a bonfire. I'm not looking forward to it. Dont much feel like it but feel less like putting up with a bunch of radical, raised fist violent thugs trying to tell me how to think and feel.

I do NOT support BLM, I do NOT have any solidarity with this whole 'racial justice' movement , I do NOT support this looting arson assault and murder call itself protest, and I'm certainly NOT ashamed of having born White, male, and being older.

All this hate a d contempt for older Americans and these same cretins want to elect a guy that would be the oldest president ever who is a White guy. Oh but hey, hes got a younger (my age) Black female running mate.

Who will probably be president before Bidens first term is at its first100 days. Maybe that's the plan. Isnt that much of a stretch. I'm not on board with any of this leftist spew. I'm not afraid to wear a MAGA hat and I dont think is a symbol of racism.

I am fed up past the gills with all this racial bilge. I haven't run into a single Black person yet that we didnt exchange a mutual howdy and some we've stopped and BSd a bit and this current nonsense hasn't come up yet.

The big metros like Vegas and now Reno more and more are different. And we do t see them as representative of our state. Nevadans have an Independent and individualistic nature, at least those of us born and raised here.

We have 24 hour drinking and gambling and legal prostitution and dont care what outsiders think of any of it. It's a li ve and let live mentality and we dont give a rat turd in a whirlwind what color you are.

Again I dont feel much like it. But I WILL fight to the death to keep it that way. Its nobody's business but my own how I vote and that's part of what I'm totally willing to fight for.

If these mob leftist cretins want to mob the polling places and try to push me n mine around best pack a lunch.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:04 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,863,256 times
Quote:
Remember this post when the mobs show up at the polls.
I’m sure it will be all trumps fault in their minds for some deranged reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies