Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 12:07 PM

824 posts, read 713,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Personally, I am the hero type.
If I see someone other than authorized law enforcement, in a Mall or Cityscape, open or concealled assault weapon, I'd attack and ask questions later. JMO, the attackers against KR are heros.
I don’t think the people going after Kyle were necessarily hero’s, especially the one with the handgun. But tbh, doesn’t matter if it’s legal or not, I automatically feel threatened by someone other than police/military carrying around a firearm. I hate that in America, cowboy culture is so normalized outside something like hunting. It is RARE to see someone defend themselves outside the home with a firearm. And you actually put yourself in more danger by having a firearm in a situation, because someone is much more likely to kill you in the event of a robbery or something similar because you become a threat by having that firearm yourself. I do believe in the right to defend yourself in your home though 100%, unless it’s something over the top like chasing the home invaders down and killing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 12:08 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
I'll be surprised if the murder charges pass a grand jury, but I'd bet the farm he ain't being convicted of any murder charges if it does.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:10 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
You are not a hero if you are seeking out trouble in another state unless you are deputized. Not sure how that would work across state lines.

He would be a hero if it was his house he was defending.

As to correct charges. I honestly have no idea if traveling across state lines underage with a gun negates self defense.
From what I understand it was his families business that he was trying to defend from the savages.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:12 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Nobody is a hero here

Old 08-28-2020, 12:14 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Rittenhouse is 17 years old which means that he can't carry a hand gun, but under Wisconsin law, carrying a rifle is fine for anyone 16 years old or older. ...
Incorrect. Open carry in Wisconsin requires one to be 18 or older. There is no lower age specific to rifles. Concealed carry age is 21, but he was doing open carry.

He broke the law, as it was illegal for him to carry that rifle.

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
American hero? BS. He’s a punk ass wanna be cop who went out of his way to put himself where he shouldn’t of been. He killed two people and ruined his own life.
He killed a violent ex con skin head who was yelling "Shoot me n#$%a, shoot me n#$%a", who then attacked Him. The Skin head got just what he asked for, and is now a Martyr for BLM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Didn’t he kill 2 white guys? He’s going to jail.

You guys conveniently overlook the laws he broke before this happened.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:16 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If this were my child, I would be so proud of him. Cleaning graffiti, protecting businesses, cooperating with police, providing medical assistance to those in need, self-defending himself from attack, ridding our country from BLM terrorists.

So what, he was 17. You know how many 17 year olds lied about their age so they could go to Europe in WWII and defeat the Nazis?
I think he could have legally joined up for WWII at age 17, you can still join the military today at 17, but your parents need to provide written permission.

That being said, being perfectly honest, I haven't seen enough evidence to be able to say either way as to whether The Antioch Kid will be found guilty and of what. With the second two shootings, he was certainly defending himself. I haven't seen video of the first shooting, if anyone has it, please post. There is conflicting information as to what was thrown at him, and whether shots were fired at him prior to him shooting the skinhead guy (who was reportedly the aggressor by a wide margin), so "self defense" is still in question for the first shooting.

With respect to his "not being eligible for open carry in Wisconsin", part of WI's open carry law makes an exception for rifles and shotguns for 16 and 17 year-olds, not sure if it applies to IL residents. The lawyers are going to be fighting over this for a long time, that's for sure. They just announced this morning that they are delaying extradition for a month to give his lawyers more time to gather evidence, and this is in Illinois! If The Kid should not have been in Kenosha, then neither should anyone else that did not live there - and that includes two of the guys who got shot - so that's a "wash" in my mind.

What is certain, is that The Kid's life is going to be a mess for a long, long, time, and at least two other people are worse off than he is, maybe three. Who do I blame the most? The WI Governor, for not calling out the National Guard in enough numbers on the FIRST NIGHT of rioting and preventing it to begin with.

I believe Harris said today that "The rioting in the cities is Trump's fault". What a hoot that is, she just spilled the beans that all of this chaos has been ON PURPOSE, with the Dem's being complicit, so they could blame Trump for it - when he had zero control over it, and offered to send Federal forces in over and over again, only to be rebuffed by Democratic mayors (and governors?).

There are maybe four types of people who show up to riots: The Rioters, with forethought; the Protesters (who often join the rioting), the people who HAVE to be there (police, fire, medical, and residents / business owners), and Vigilantes, who seem to only show up if the police and guard can not / are not protecting property and lives. My advice? If everyone who didn't HAVE to be there didn't come, you'd be able to hear the crickets chirping. Do yourself a favor and give this stuff a WIDE berth.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:16 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
From what I understand it was his families business that he was trying to defend from the savages.
Doesn’t matter if it was his dads shop.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:17 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Killing violent freedom fighters is a crime. He'll be charged with a hate crime because he was trying to prevent this own murder as a hateful person. He'll get double the sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies