Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2020, 10:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He had no business having a weapon at this event - he broke state law. He made a very grievous mistake leaving home that day.
He had no business being at the event.

That's the thing.
Nobody should think they should go and 'help' the law enforcement with law and order. Nobody.

And it shows incompetence of the local law enforcement to embrace untrained, unskilled help from young kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 10:43 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
He had no business having a weapon at this event - he broke state law. He made a very grievous mistake leaving home that day.
So did the criminal rioters, especially the ones that tried to attack this kid.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:44 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I don't believe it's ok to shoot people. But uncontrolled violent mobs aren't ok either. The situation is a tragedy, but the kid is not a murderer. He was clearly protecting himself as the videos show.
He is not a murdered that we know of. In time his intent will show how heavily invested he was with his other buddies on this trip to the riots. I think at 17 he panicked and shot what was obviously an attack from the mob. Having the weapon put him in the worse scenario, as others would think of that being a threat to their lives as well. ... Did his other friends shoot at all?

Old 08-29-2020, 10:44 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
That kids had no skin in this mess,,, was not his home or even in his state... you are sad and dangerous to think this is OK-
Every citizen has skin in this mess !!! Its dangerous to think otherwise !!!

In my neighborhood I was ask if I would come to the aid of my neighbors to protect them and their/my life and property !!! I said, yes, and I'm the only one that doesn't have a gun !!!
Seems like a commonsense agreement with the times we are living in !!!

Old 08-29-2020, 10:45 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ultimately, He traveled to a riot with a loaded weapon, so what was he defending? He didnt live or work in the area, why was he even there and why did he bring a weapon with him?

These are all legitimate questions.
They are legitimate questions. But, ultimately, the evidence shows that he didn't commit murder. The evidence shows that he was defending himself. Perhaps he's guilty of unlawful possession of a firearm (I have to look more into that as I have also heard but haven't verified that people under 18 can lawfully openly carry a firearm in Wisconsin).

Old 08-29-2020, 10:48 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
So did the criminal rioters, especially the ones that tried to attack this kid.
agreed! rioters need to go to jail- two wrongs will never make a right. As for the dead...? did they deserve that ? were they armed in any way?

Old 08-29-2020, 10:49 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
agreed! rioters need to go to jail- two wrongs will never make a right. As for the dead...? did they deserve that ? were they armed in any way?
One of the attackers had a gun and the two others attacked the kid, one hit him on the head with a skate board. The other three something at him as he was chasing him screaming the N word. Agreed though, rioters need to be jailed and it's an unfortunate situation all around.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:51 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Ultimately, He traveled to a riot with a loaded weapon, so what was he defending? He didnt live or work in the area, why was he even there and why did he bring a weapon with him?

He did not travel there with a firearm to confront "protesters", Kyle went to Kenosha that day because he worked there as a lifeguard. Kyle did not bring a firearm across state lines to Kenosha, those claims are not accurate.

You do not forfeit your right to self defense just because you are carrying a rifle. Kyle had a legal right to defend his life from those that attacked him.

Last edited by stburr91; 08-29-2020 at 12:19 PM..

Old 08-29-2020, 10:52 AM

37,188 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:

The prosecutor will ask all of those.

Also included will be questions on why his mother drove him across the state line with a loaded gun he couldn't legally carry in Wisconsin, why he shot the first person in cold blood that caused the crowd to go after him, where he got the gun and ammunition he couldn't legally purchase in the first place, and why his mother drove him home after the murders.

All of these are questions based on the facts of the case, not hearsay or posturing or rumors. The answers will be interesting, to say the least.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:52 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
It would probably warm his heart. From what I hear he had a lot of sympathy for victims of violent crimes and systemic injustice from a government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies