Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 12:54 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is not a rumor. Why is being inquisitive about if the gun really didn't come across state lines a "rumor"? That would pretty definitively decide if the gun came across statelines or not. If it is registered in Wisconsin then he likely didn't bring it over statelines. If it was registered in his homesite of Illinois, it likely was.
Minor issue compared to Democrats coming to the defense of an unhinged Violent skin head yelling "Shoot me N-word, shoot m N-word" to the kid, then attacking him. Anyway, Democrats unable to effectively police their cities, and completely ineffective leadership is the root cause of almost all of the police shootings and not being able to control violence on the streets.

Old 08-29-2020, 01:09 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,199,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This guy does a pretty good job of covering this incident, with the information he was able to piece together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSU9ZvnudFE

Great post and analysis by Colion Noir. I have seen many of his other videos and he always approaches a topic that is usually gun related with common sense and good explanation.

He is right that the kid should have never been there and the people that attacked him that night should have also stayed home but here we are. I hope the kid gets off. I don't think he is a hero for shooting those people but if he hadn't we would be reading about a 17 year old dead kid.

Old 08-29-2020, 01:27 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Great post and analysis by Colion Noir. I have seen many of his other videos and he always approaches a topic that is usually gun related with common sense and good explanation.

He is right that the kid should have never been there and the people that attacked him that night should have also stayed home but here we are. I hope the kid gets off. I don't think he is a hero for shooting those people but if he hadn't we would be reading about a 17 year old dead kid.
100% agree. But, in this case, like many we have the usual Leftist acting like the kid was some White Supremist, and that anyone he killed was a victim. I haven't seen anything that would indicate the kid was a White Supremist, but the Arrest records of Dead guy 1 were a description of a Violent career Felon, who got what he deserved If anyone was the white supremist it would have been this violent Skinhead.

Old 08-29-2020, 01:53 PM

5,065 posts, read 2,273,592 times
Quote:
It is not a rumor. Why is being inquisitive about if the gun really didn't come across state lines a "rumor"? That would pretty definitively decide if the gun came across statelines or not. If it is registered in Wisconsin then he likely didn't bring it over statelines. If it was registered in his homesite of Illinois, it likely was.
The kid's lawyer states it did not come over state lines. This is a good lawyer, not some public defender fresh out of school. I doubt he'd be dumb enough to make a public statement that will be verifiable upon checking records. Other stuff from the lawyer could be debated, but there are some basic things that he's not going to lie about.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
The kid's lawyer states it did not come over state lines. This is a good lawyer, not some public defender fresh out of school. I doubt he'd be dumb enough to make a public statement that will be verifiable upon checking records. Other stuff from the lawyer could be debated, but there are some basic things that he's not going to lie about.
Cochrane said the glove didn't fit when it would without the plastic gloves to not containment the evidence... Arguably Cochrane was one of the best... This is why I say if the gun was registered in Wisconsin, show it. Don't act like it is when there is nothing to corroborate it.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Minor issue compared to Democrats coming to the defense of an unhinged Violent skin head yelling "Shoot me N-word, shoot m N-word" to the kid, then attacking him. Anyway, Democrats unable to effectively police their cities, and completely ineffective leadership is the root cause of almost all of the police shootings and not being able to control violence on the streets.
Minor issue? C'mon man. Had this guy been in Charlottesville going with ANTIFA, you'd be first in line to attack him. The guy came across state lines. If the gun came with him, it clearly shows he was trying to incite a riot. Not that walking down Main Street with a long gun doesn't mean it to begin with...

Old 08-29-2020, 02:23 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,728,975 times
This whole thing seems to be spiraling in exactly the same direction as the Covington High School defamation incident. The DA, the mainstream news media, the governor of Wisconsin, the Democratic Party and a whole lot of other people jumped the gun leveling some pretty outlandish accusations at Kyle Rittenhouse. We'll see how well it all holds up, but they're all lining themselves up for multi-million dollar defamation lawsuits again.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:24 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Weren't the three people the boy shot convicted criminals breaking curfew?
Everyone on the streets, except for LE, fire, etc., were breaking curfew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If this was clearly self defense...why did the legal system, (that your side supports so much) see fit to indict him on multiple felonies?!

I have to assume this forces you to withdraw your support of the 'system of justice' now?
The DA charges, GJ indicts.

The DA rushed to charge, so much so that his charges are incomplete and contain false information.
https://www.redstate.com/scotthounse...defense-cases/

This is not the first time that DA charged someone who was only trying to save themselves from an attacker. You can read about what he'd put that poor women through in the above link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Yes, and the fact that he has not announced charges against the now one armed commie shows the DA's political bias is very much at play.
Astounding that he has not been charged at this time.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:25 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,728,975 times
Quote:
Cochrane said the glove didn't fit when it would without the plastic gloves to not containment the evidence... Arguably Cochrane was one of the best... This is why I say if the gun was registered in Wisconsin, show it. Don't act like it is when there is nothing to corroborate it.
That's not how the legal system in our country works. If the gun was registered in Illinois, it's on the prosecution -- and for the purposes of this debate, it's on you -- to prove that the gun really was registered in Illinois. If it's Kyle's gun, prove it!

You seem to believe that people disagreeing with you have to do all the hard work and research here. Where did you get that idea?

Old 08-29-2020, 02:29 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,002,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As someone that grew up in a smaller town, we went 15 miles to a nearby larger town to go to the movies etc. or just hang out all the time. That's NORMAL.

What I find especially unfortunate having lived in small towns and major cities and a few sizes in between as well as rural\suburban and actual in city.....is that city people are arrogant about how they are diverse. About some things that's true but they think they know it ALL.
WTF is NORMAL???

In the 1970s I used to drive 35 miles to pick up my GF in Miami because there was NOTHING to do down there and come back to Ft Liquordale to party! And then drive her back home... a 70 mile Roundtrip!!!

So am I arrogant???

Last edited by Rumann Koch; 08-29-2020 at 02:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies