Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 06:32 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The attacker pointed his gun at Kyle as he rushed him, getting his bicep blown off in the process.

Kyle will be acquitted.
There's still the matter of the dead man who shouted "shoot me" that evening. He tried to grab Kyle's gun seconds before he was shot.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:32 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
So somehow Kyle knew the assailant was a child molester? And what is it that you think made a fatal attack warranted?
An assailant approaches you swinging a large powder puff in your direction. So shoot him? Or he has a plastic bag filled with water he throws at you...an immediate license to kill?
He doesn't have to know that his assailant is a suicidal convicted child rapist fresh out of a mental hospital to be allowed to defend himself using deadly force....it's just something we now know.

If I'm armed and a crazy person that previously that night threatened my life if he found me alone charges me while shouting obscenities while reaching for my gun, that would be their last official act.... and there wouldn't even be a trial.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:34 PM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
There's still the matter of the dead man who shouted "shoot me" that evening. He tried to grab Kyle's gun seconds before he was shot.
Yup, the convicted felon with a lengthy criminal record.

I forgot about him. The radical left seems to have very nice people at these BLM race riots.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:35 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
And the obvious answer is there is no reason Kyle was afraid of losing his life? If a lady came up and licked his arm could he shoot her? Well she was trying to get close enough to infect him with a disease. So he could shoot her?

And I would point out in my youth I ran away from irrational confrontations. But in at two cases I got one chasing me far enough away from his friends that I turned around and clobbered his ass. Rumors say I sent one guy to the hospital.

I would never have considered killing one of them. We just did not do that.
This isn’t a discussion about some random lady licking a teenager. It’s a discussion about an obviously unhinged street goblin who had made threats to kill people attempting to take KR’s rifle away from him and being sent on his merry way to the Promised Land through the justified use of deadly force. Why do you keep trying to go off topic?

Old 11-08-2021, 06:45 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
And the obvious answer is there is no reason Kyle was afraid of losing his life? If a lady came up and licked his arm could he shoot her? Well she was trying to get close enough to infect him with a disease. So he could shoot her?

And I would point out in my youth I ran away from irrational confrontations. But in at two cases I got one chasing me far enough away from his friends that I turned around and clobbered his ass. Rumors say I sent one guy to the hospital.

I would never have considered killing one of them. We just did not do that.
Not everybody is a UFC fighter or as bad ass as you otherwise I would be out of the job as a firearm instructor

Old 11-08-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Not everybody is a UFC fighter or as bad ass as you otherwise I would be out of the job as a firearm instructor
Clearly he'd have taken out the entire angry mob with only his 8 black belts in Ameri-Do-Te.

Us mere mortals, we use firearms.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:04 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
In the first shooting the question is did Kyle have the right to use deadly force. The other guy was not physically imposing and Kyle could have hit him with the gun or his fists.

The second and third shooting the assailants were attempting to stop what they believed was an armed and escaping killer. Did that provide the right to kill to Kyle?
Well why aren't you citing the law?

He met the duty to retreat.

What other things does the law require in Wisconsin?

You seem to fit in well with the people that have made all kinds of wild, emotional claims and the minute we start discussing the actual law....*poooooof* you stop responding and won't discuss the relevant facts.

P.S. The 3rd shooting involved someone that testified that they were attempting something other than stopping Rittenhouse, so you're calling them a liar lol. You might want to arm yourself with facts, the law and reality instead of partisan rancor before your next post.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:06 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
In the first shooting the question is did Kyle have the right to use deadly force. The other guy was not physically imposing and Kyle could have hit him with the gun or his fists.

The second and third shooting the assailants were attempting to stop what they believed was an armed and escaping killer. Did that provide the right to kill to Kyle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're really misrepresenting what happened and should watch the trial before trying to weigh in.
That poster and several others have already decided they do not want to deal in facts, the law or reality.

They just want to make unsourced emotional arguments and then hide like children under their beds when called on it.

There is a word for people that want to set aside the law when convenient and punish people according to their personal wishes....and we have several in this thread.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Hopefully he would remember to re-stomp the groin.
You ALWAYS re-stomp the groin.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That poster and several others have already decided they do not want to deal in facts, the law or reality.

They just want to make unsourced emotional arguments and then hide like children under their beds when called on it.

There is a word for people that want to set aside the law when convenient and punish people according to their personal wishes....and we have several in this thread.
Yeah, it's the typical knee jerk response: Guns bad. No matter what.

I'm not even a gun owner and I can see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies