Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 10:32 AM

11,067 posts, read 10,627,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Just wondering if someone tried to tackle a school shooter and was then shot would the shooter be a hero to you folks?
Dumbest post of the day.

A school shooter is breaking the nonaggression principle. They are the aggressor, and should be dealt with as such.

Rittenhouse was not the aggressor. He was attacked by a violent mob and defended himself.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:35 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,185,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
"Kyle and a friend armed themselves with rifles due to the deadly violence gripping Kenosha " the only deadly violence came from kyles's gun. Spin spam from his liar. The kid had no legal authority to be defending someone else's place, nor to carry the gun. He was a cowardly criminal the minute he arrived brandishing the gun. his first victim tossed and empty plastic bag that didn't do anything to kyle. after that he was a murderer on the run.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:36 AM

37,767 posts, read 21,861,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I started this Thread because many people were unsure how these shootings started as initially only videos of the subsequent encounter were available. And those clearly show that Kyle Rittenhouse was extricating himself from certain danger after defending himself, heading toward (not away from) police, and then having to defend himself from the attacking mob. He only shot imminent threats and was not firing indiscriminately into the mob - a very important point. Something I hope I could do in the same situation... and I'm three times older than he is!

Then the eyewitness to the first contact between Kyle and the mob came forth with his report, and it clearly demonstrates that Rittenhouse was initially harassed, threatened, had objects thrown at him (assault) and chased into a dead-end while hearing gunshots behind him. And then Rosenbaum, who thought the young man was an easy target, tried to take Kyle's rifle away. Only then did Rittenhouse open fire.

So the initial incident was clearly self-defense!
This guy does a pretty good job of covering this incident, with the information he was able to piece together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSU9ZvnudFE

Old 08-29-2020, 10:37 AM

18,326 posts, read 18,919,088 times
Quote:
Did you even read the account of what actually happened?
He wasn't a "vigilante". They attacked HIM. He defended himself.
He was a wanna be cop without training putting himself in a situation that was well above his pay grade. The results, two people are dead and he threw his life away.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:38 AM

2,180 posts, read 634,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
He was a wanna be cop without training putting himself in a situation that was well above his pay grade. The results, two people are dead and he threw his life away.
He'll be fine. He'll get off on self-defense and he's a hero to half the country.

Also, looks like he was trained JUST FINE. The ones who were out of the league were the anti-fa violent rioters. This 17 year old held remarkable composure and took two commies out for good and incapacitated one for life. That's better than most soldiers can claim.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:41 AM

5,033 posts, read 2,235,564 times
Quote:
There were 2 shootings from what I understand. You are a protester, someone was shot and the shooter was identified. At that point he was an active shooter in a crowd, they were simply trying to stop a shooter from shooting others and they were killed by this same shooter.

Not exactly a school shooter situation but I can certainly see why the protesters were trying to disarm this man. Some may feel it's appropriate for a 17 year old to bring an AR-15 to a protest to enact vigilante justice. Many of us do not and this is the reason. So go ahead, prop up this killer as a hero.

Personally I think our country is completely F'ed when we allow, even celebrate, a 17 year old with an AR-15 acting as crowd control.
Then maybe the cities need to get control, instead of pretending these are peaceful protests. None of those who came to protect the business should have been there because the mayors should have done whatever necessary to protect these businesses, rather than coddle rioters.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
"Kyle and a friend armed themselves with rifles due to the deadly violence gripping Kenosha " the only deadly violence came from kyles's gun. Spin spam from his liar. The kid had no legal authority to be defending someone else's place, nor to carry the gun. He was a cowardly criminal the minute he arrived brandishing the gun. his first victim tossed and empty plastic bag that didn't do anything to kyle. after that he was a murderer on the run.
Have you not been paying attention for the last few months? Thirty people have been killed, and dozens more injured, thousands of buildings and property damaged, looted and burned to the ground, by these "mostly peaceful protesters."

So tell me how Rittenhouse was supposed to know what was being thrown at him? Was he supposed to raise his hand, to pause the thug chasing him, and inspect the stuff being thrown at him? We have seen videos where rioters carried frozen water bottles in plastic bags, so for all you or I know, that bag contained a solid object meant to harm him. Or are you trying to infer the person chasing Rittenhouse was tossing an empty plastic bag at him?

Old 08-29-2020, 10:47 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,933,214 times
Quote:
Did you even read the account of what actually happened?
He wasn't a "vigilante". They attacked HIM. He defended himself.
He attacked first.
Its come to light that Kyle called one of his buddies on his cell phone immediately after shooting the first victim.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=ts43EskooaA

Old 08-29-2020, 10:47 AM

585 posts, read 222,174 times
Quote:
There were 2 shootings from what I understand. You are a protester, someone was shot and the shooter was identified. At that point he was an active shooter in a crowd, they were simply trying to stop a shooter from shooting others and they were killed by this same shooter.

Not exactly a school shooter situation but I can certainly see why the protesters were trying to disarm this man. Some may feel it's appropriate for a 17 year old to bring an AR-15 to a protest to enact vigilante justice. Many of us do not and this is the reason. So go ahead, prop up this killer as a hero.

Personally I think our country is completely F'ed when we allow, even celebrate, a 17 year old with an AR-15 acting as crowd control.
Dave, Please watch all the videos and review the pictures. All three shootings appear to be self defense. I can see your point about the other two (guys with the skateboard and arm wound) trying to disarm a known shooter to stop him but thats not what happened. Both of them are on video together with the first attacker while he was yelling the N word and harassing armed citizens for protecting private property. The guy that got shot in the arm appears to be the same individual shooting off his gun into the air as the first man attacks this kid. He may have caused Kyle to think he was being shot at and if so should be charged with murder himself.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
He'll be fine. He'll get off on self-defense and he's a hero to half the country.

Also, looks like he was trained JUST FINE. The ones who were out of the league were the anti-fa violent rioters. This 17 year old held remarkable composure and took two commies out for good and incapacitated one for life. That's better than most soldiers can claim.
The videos i have seen, Rittenhouse held back fire until he was cornered and being physically attacked by people. It would have been different if Rittenhouse did not retreat when he was able to, but every time he was able to flee, he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies