Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 09:22 AM

6,961 posts, read 2,695,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
By Hesychios definition, the guy that shot all those concert goers in Las Vegas is a gunshot victim.

Imagine after he killed dozens of people if he'd lived being introduced in court as a "victim"?

#validationofignorestatus

If a woman is being raped and manages to kick the rapist and he falls backwards and hits his head and dies. Who is the "victim"???

Old 11-12-2021, 09:23 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
To be devil's advocate, Rittenhouse may have been declaring himself a "medic" just as a pretense to be there in the first place. "Ignore my AR15!!! I am just here to provide medical help!!!"
Except for the fact that he was carrying a med kit and treating wounded people. All part of his nefarious plan, eh?

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
To be devil's advocate, Rittenhouse may have been declaring himself a "medic" just as a pretense to be there in the first place. "Ignore my AR15!!! I am just here to provide medical help!!!"
Except he doesn't need a pretense to be there.

6,629 posts, read 2,951,738 times
Quote:
Well, that would be too evil. And take too much thought.

Rittenhouse wasn't a licensed medic, but he did have training. He did all the Junior medic and fireman stuff kids his age do there. One o those boyscouts, I guess.

If he wanted a pretense to be there he should have just lit garbage bins on fire.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:26 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Well, that would too evil. And take too much thought.

Rittenhouse wasn't a licensed medical, but he did have training. He did all the Junior medic and fireman stuff kids his age do there. One o those boyscouts, I guess.

If he wanted a pretense to be there he should have just lit garbage hins on fire.
.... and he gave his bullet proof vest to someone else. He did so because he was going there to treat people.

litterally Annandale_Man, the EVIDENCE doesnt care about your theories. The FACTS IN EVIDENCE clearly demonstrate that Kyle INTENDED to treat people who were hurt. He didnt care if they were protesters, rioters, or people there to protect private property.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:26 AM

7,234 posts, read 5,110,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIcatfarmer View Post
Yes looting is so much worse than killing people on site because they’re trying to get a rifle out of a 17 y.o. white boys hands. He’s trying to protect car lots! Let him go! There’s no racial issue here, except if he was black we could make comments about how he shouldn’t have been doing that, and maybe throw in some snide footlocker comment. Bizzaro world.
Perhaps it's too difficult to see from where you are, but those rioting, destroying property, looting are not good citizens pushed to their limit by a tyrannical govt or social oppression....They are THIEVES capitalizing on the weakness of Woke authorities and their own strength in numbers.

My comment earlier was a use of humor to expresss a serious point, but that can be lost on those who splash about in the shallow end of the pool of intellectual analysis.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:31 AM

4,831 posts, read 3,256,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The judge seemed to show his hand early in this trial which didn't set things up for the prosecution like they probably hoped. Still the media made it seem as though this guy was a vigilante looking for people to shoot so it should be an open and shut case.. could be the media mislead us and likely there is good reason the prosecution is struggling with evidence to convict...
This could be a classic overreach by the prosecution trying to make a name for themselves from a high profile case. Still, its early and you just never know until the jury reads the verdict.

Regardless of the result, i don't expect any riots outside of the rioting complaints from main stream media. Don Lemon will loose his **** but who really cares..
Wait... what?

As to Don Lemon... I could't agree more.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:35 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
When Lackowski was confronted by Rosenbaum, he had his pals and firepower all around him to back him up. Doubtful that he'd feel the same way if it had been him that Rosenbaum had been chasing down and attacking, with Lackowski's pals nowhere in sight. Easy to be brave in a crowd.
Why was Kyle Rittenhouse alone? Wouldn't it have been reasonable for him to stay with a group of his peers? This is one of the reasons I think he's a child & should've stayed home.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:36 AM

777 posts, read 502,705 times
Didn't this guy Kyle take a black rifle to a riot? What did he expect to happen?

Old 11-12-2021, 09:36 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It was his right to be there, just like everyone else that was there. Saying he should have stayed home, goes for everyone else as well.

I agree though, I wouldn't have been there.
He has the poor judgement of a child.

Deciding to protect property by shooting a person is reckless endangerment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.