Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 05:31 PM

5,042 posts, read 2,255,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I looked at it. In slow motion. The only things I am sure of is that some girl in a spaghetti strap top started a fight, and a lot of people joined in the fracas, and that some people here believe that anyone who stands up for what is right must be put down, since it doesn't fit the Marxist narrative.
I watched it in slow motion and frame by frame three or four times. The only punch I definitely see thrown was by the person in the white pants and black shirt.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:23 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,002,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I watched it in slow motion and frame by frame three or four times. The only punch I definitely see thrown was by the person in the white pants and black shirt.
You don’t see the one in red shorts wailing on the girl from behind?

Are you blind?

Old 08-30-2020, 07:25 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,007,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You don’t see the one in red shorts wailing on the girl from behind?

Are you blind?
Yep They will legit not see punches thrown by the "hero" in question now... I'm just amazed.. I even concede that the 2 he killed were not heroes.. They were LOSERS.. but so is Kyle...

Old 08-30-2020, 07:57 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,862,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Does matter who sides with who... I taught my sons and grandsons- a girl hits -walkaway! Sorry I'm not accepting that unless it gets serious, as if they pull a knife etc. and each scenario has it's own story so stop comparing!
50 years ago I would agree with you. 30 years ago I would agree with you. About 20 years ago things changed.

I taught my girls speak with their mouths not their hands. If you lay hands on someone you have just invited them to do the same to you. Dont do it.

I taught my son to be a gentleman and to not hit women. That said I also told him that I don't expect him to be anyone's punching bag just because they are a woman. A woman punches you? Lay her out. She slaps, or tries to injure you? Lay her out. Equality is a 2 way street and it really is an all or nothing deal.

I myself have never hit a woman and can't imagine a scenario where I would need to. Then again I don't associate with psychos either. I have known men who were married to women who felt it perfectly acceptable to assault their husbands and in public... Later, how she just has a bad temper. No dude, your wife is a certifiable whack job, never bring her to my home again.

In the video, the woman was taunting and pestering the driver. Over what we don't know. The driver threw a few insults of his own as well. The woman appears to have assaulted the driver. Thats when he got up, a few moments later he laid her out with a text book uppercut from hell.

Did she deserve it? Word to the wise from Pennywise. Don't let your mouth write checks your Azz can't cash.

What all that has to do with this thread? I don't know.

Kyle was attacked and he defended himself. The videos are proof of that fact.

Old 08-31-2020, 03:15 AM

16,192 posts, read 10,339,105 times
I watched that bus video all set to defend the driver. The passenger was a piece of trash and although we can't really see what she did she clearly touched or slapped the driver. But anyone believing she deserved that kind of punch in retribution, this was not self defense this was nothing more than retribution, has their morals out of wack.

As for Rittenhouse again we have a 17 year old illegally bringing an AR 15 to a protest in a state that requires you to be 18 to be carrying that gun. He was not a protector, that move instigated a response and he was nothing more than a vigilante taking the law into his own hands. At the age of 17. His mere presence there was an unneeded provocation and it shouldn't be applauded. And again once he shot a person he is now an active shooter, the 2nd group knew this and were trying to take the gun from a kid who just shot someone.

Stay home heroboy and none of these people are dead.

Old 08-31-2020, 03:25 AM

11,690 posts, read 5,718,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I watched that bus video all set to defend the driver. The passenger was a piece of trash and although we can't really see what she did she clearly touched or slapped the driver. But anyone believing she deserved that kind of punch in retribution, this was not self defense this was nothing more than retribution, has their morals out of wack.

As for Rittenhouse again we have a 17 year old illegally bringing an AR 15 to a protest in a state that requires you to be 18 to be carrying that gun. He was not a protector, that move instigated a response and he was nothing more than a vigilante taking the law into his own hands. At the age of 17. His mere presence there was an unneeded provocation and it shouldn't be applauded. And again once he shot a person he is now an active shooter, the 2nd group knew this and were trying to take the gun from a kid who just shot someone.

How many times in all these threads has it been brought up that Kyle DID NOT bring the gun to the protest but was given it when he arrived! I'm so sick of those following the talking points of the media issued on the first day of the shooting - more has come out and more will continue to come out.

It's easy for ALL of to armchair quarterback as we weren't in the situation nor did we observe the situation first hand - but I do believe in staying as current as possible with the new information that has come out and obviously many of you had him tried and convicted the first day and don't feel you need any further information. I hope you never serve on juries with your close mindedness and I hope you never have a situation in which you have to defend yourself because it looks like y7ou'd find yourself on the losing end with your thinking.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:04 AM

40,938 posts, read 49,057,984 times
Quote:

You could say the same about the rioters. Out of 170 people arrested in WI, around 120 were from out of state.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
How many times in all these threads has it been brought up that Kyle DID NOT bring the gun to the protest but was given it when he arrived! I'm so sick of those following the talking points of the media issued on the first day of the shooting - more has come out and more will continue to come out.

It's easy for ALL of to armchair quarterback as we weren't in the situation nor did we observe the situation first hand - but I do believe in staying as current as possible with the new information that has come out and obviously many of you had him tried and convicted the first day and don't feel you need any further information. I hope you never serve on juries with your close mindedness and I hope you never have a situation in which you have to defend yourself because it looks like y7ou'd find yourself on the losing end with your thinking.
Regardless of how he obtained the gun he was still underage so it was illegal for him to have that gun at the rally, as I have clearly stated.

And none of this is armchair QBing. I happen to believe a child with an AR 15 has no business showing up at a protest and I believed that long before this story broke. . How'd it work out anyway? It only incited a reaction as common sense would tell us was pretty predictable.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:16 AM

8,926 posts, read 2,536,925 times
Quote:
Regardless of how he obtained the gun he was still underage so it was illegal for him to have that gun at the rally, as I have clearly stated. And none of this is armchair QBing. I happen to believe a child with an AR 15 has no business showing up at a protest and I believed that long before this story broke. It only incited a reaction. How'd it work out anyway? As expected would be my reply.
None of that is relevant to his self defense case even if any of it were true.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You could say the same about the rioters. Out of 170 people arrested in WI, around 120 were from out of state.
Absolutely. The common mistake from the right is they believe the libs condone the rioters.

We do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies