Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 11:12 AM

13,253 posts, read 7,312,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Did Kyle used lethal force to defend his life or defended property?
You stated that Koreans fired from rooftops at rioters in the Rodney King riots to protect property no one was ever arrested. I'm asking you if you think shooting someone to protect property is legal?

Old 11-15-2021, 11:15 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
Quote:
Leftist media have to stir a race debate to cause riot and mayhem like in 2020….even after a white guy shot 3 other white guys.

Bad news sale
I forget which show i was watching but they were interviewing people discussing that the three peolple shot were all White, and almost everybody didn't know that. Most believed, i assume because of the coverage, that some black people had to be the ones shot. From that i would say a way to avoid riots simply plaster the faces of the so called "victims" over every form of media so there is no one in doubt who was shot. That should keep BLM and many other potential rioters at home. Reality is not many really care if a few white guys are shot by another white guy, not enough to riot anyhow.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:15 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Do you agree that protecting property with lethal force is not legal?

He didn't use lethal force in the protection of property.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:16 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
I guess Kyle did used lethal force to defend his “property” in a way.

His life is his “property” so he did use force to defend his property
Especially against a serial child rapist involving boys...just sayin

Old 11-15-2021, 11:18 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
lol,..invoking the N word again. C'mon.

ok folks,...we've seen it previously and it's happening again.

People trying to incite tos breaking drama so the thread gets closed or worse, deleted, to shut down debate.

Please don't feed them. ty
If we don't want to use the word Nazi then people should stop posting Nazi topics. "Oh hey here's a hundred words about why we need a police state to violently contain minorities, we need more guns to defend against urban property crime, hey don't call me a Nazi that's completely uncalled for." An entire ideology supercharged by intellectual dishonesty like uranium in a missile.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:19 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Glad the Judge dismissed the illegal weapons possession charge.

I made this exact argument about a week (09-01-2020, 09:31 AM) after the incident:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
After reading the guns laws of the State of Wisconsin, I would like to attempt to reconcile the restrictions and exceptions and apply it to Kyle's actions:

Quote:
Section 948.60. Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.
(1) In this section, "dangerous weapon" means any firearm, loaded or unloaded; any electric weapon, as defined in s. 941.295 (1c) (a); ….
(2)(a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(3)(c) This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593.
It is a Class A Misdemeanor in Wisconsin for a person under 18 to possess a dangerous weapon if it is a short-barreled (less than 16") rifle per s. 941.28. But an AR-15's barrel is 16" so Kyle is NOT in Violation.

and he is NOT in Violation of ss 29.304 because he is 17, and not in the restricted category of '14 or older but under 16'.

Quote:
Wisconsin Code Chapter 29.304 Restrictions on Hunting and Use of Firearms

29.304(3)(b) Restrictions on possession or control of a firearm. No person 14 years of age or older but under 16 years of age may have in his or her possession or control any firearm unless he or she...
And I would argue that Kyle was also NOT in Violation with regards to ss. 29.593 as he was NOT engaged in hunting that fateful night.

Quote:
Wisconsin Code Chapter 29.593 Requirement for Certificate of Accomplishment to Obtain Hunting Approval
So it is only a matter of the legality of Kyle's POSSESSION of a weapon as a 17 year old, and based on the above - I submit that he was LEGALLY IN POSSESSION.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:21 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
You stated that Koreans fired from rooftops at rioters in the Rodney King riots to protect property no one was ever arrested. I'm asking you if you think shooting someone to protect property is legal?
No, in my opinion it’s wrong to shoot looters from the roof to defend your property, especially in California.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:27 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Rooftop Koreans did not indiscriminately fire upon rioters. There is not a single incident reported of a rioter being killed by a rooftop Korean. They used the Biden-approved method of firing warning shots to ward off rioters.

More specifically to your question, If I block rioters from entering my home or business and they attack me, shooting them is justified.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:30 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Do you agree that protecting property with lethal force is not legal?
Come try stealing someones cattle or livestock in Texas, OK or many other Western States.

Someone kicking in your door at 2am to steal your property is there to kill you.

Yes many states it's OK to defend your property.

Ever hear of the Roof Top Koreans?

Old 11-15-2021, 11:30 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What I see, when I look at that young man in the still photos, is a direct threat to the lives of the rioters. And apparently I'm not alone in perceiving that, because 3 people risked their lives and two lost them based on that same perception.
1. "still photos" try watching the actual video that's been all over the internet since the night it happened

2. "3 people ... based on that same perception" you're hopeless lost in propagandaland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies