Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 07:30 AM

23,624 posts, read 12,543,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIcatfarmer View Post
The unarmed guy who he first pointed his rifle at, then shot, then ran away. What do you suppose he was going to “turn himself in” for doing? One would turn themselves in for committing a crime, most likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why is he not being charged for that? Maybe he shot nobody at that point in time.....
I do wonder who that poster is talking about. Some unarmed guy that Kyle first point his rifle at and shot, then ran away...which had incited Rosenbaum into chasing him.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:31 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
The unarmed guy who he first pointed his rifle at, then shot, then ran away. What do you suppose he was going to “turn himself in” for doing? One would turn themselves in for committing a crime, most likely.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A SELF-DEFENSE SHOOTING

"1. Make Sure You Are Safe: First and foremost, ensure you are safe from any threat, i.e. verify that the suspect no longer poses a risk. Visually ascertain that the suspect no longer has access to a weapon, and scan for other suspects. Do not approach the suspect or move/touch evidence.

2. BE THE FIRST TO CALL 911: Even if you do not pull the trigger, be the first to call 911. If the incident was serious enough for you to deploy your firearm, make a report as soon as possible, while the details are still clear in your mind. Remember - police officers commonly identify the first person who calls as the victim.

3. INITIATE EMERGENCY RESPONSE: From a safe position or location, call 911. Request emergency medical services if they are needed for you, the suspect or others. Describe what you are wearing, and let the dispatcher know you will not have your weapon in your hand when the officers arrive. Tell the 911 operator something similar to, "I had to use the weapon in self-defense," "I was forced to defend myself," "I was in fear for my life," or "I was attacked." Do not give a detailed account of the incident. This is not the time.

4. PREPARE FOR RESPONDING OFFICERS: When you see police cars or officers getting close, or hear their sirens, holster your weapon. Officers responding to a shooting incident often have a heightened level of concern for their safety, so be prepared to follow their directions. Raise your empty hands above your head with the palms face forward, and listen to their commands. They will disarm you and may handcuff you.

Again, this is not the time to hand reporting police officers your CCW Safe card nor mention you have a legal service plan for self-defense shootings. Keep words to a minimum and focus on following the directions of the officers.
"

https://ccwsafe.com/blog/what-next--...fense-shooting

Old 11-16-2021, 07:36 AM

284 posts, read 1,020,849 times
Regarding the prosecutors claim he pointed a gun before the first chase.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosob...3%2Fframe.html

Nice video breakdown

Old 11-16-2021, 07:39 AM

6,672 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why is he not being charged for that? Maybe he shot nobody at that point in time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I do wonder who that poster is talking about. Some unarmed guy that Kyle first point his rifle at and shot, then ran away...which had incited Rosenbaum into chasing him.

I believe he IS referring to Rosenblum.

I find it ironic that,..ok You believe he committed a crime, he is on his way to turn himself in, right.

So what do you do? Assault him and push him to defend himself even more.

And even if you truly thought he was a 'bad guy' , the mob is doing exactly what these Militia folks were doing,...taking matters into their own hands against 'bad guys'.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:47 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were other options and the others carrying guns didn't seem to feel threatened, they were pushing Rosenbaum around and ignoring him. Either way very reckless on Rittenhouse's part putting himself in a situation he couldn't handle.
That was in a group. There were other guys holding him back. He was out for blood. One on one, no way, that guy had crazy written all over him. Look at the videos and stills of his deranged face. This is a thirty six year old hardened criminal who did time for sick violent crimes, and he wanted to hurt someone that night. If teenage Kyle had tried to "bar fight" him like the ridiculous prosecutor said Rosebaum would have made Kyle part of the pavement. Kyle did what he had to do.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:50 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That was in a group. There were other guys holding him back. He was out for blood. One on one, no way, that guy had crazy written all over him. Look at the videos and stills of his deranged face. This is a thirty six year old hardened criminal who did time for sick violent crimes, and he wanted to hurt someone that night. If teenage Kyle had tried to "bar fight" him like the ridiculous prosecutor said Rosebaum would have made Kyle part of the pavement. Kyle did what he had to do.
BTW...did Gaige get charged with perjury? He openly lied on the stand multiple times. What about the gun he had?

Old 11-16-2021, 07:50 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I actually think he was so twisted up inside, and angry that he failed to accomplish his suicide, he had a death wish, and had completely given up on life, had no fear , and took his chances on someone doing to him, what he couldn't do to himself. A child molesting, racist, violent , coward.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I believe he IS referring to Rosenblum.

I find it ironic that,..ok You believe he committed a crime, he is on his way to turn himself in, right.

So what do you do? Assault him and push him to defend himself even more.

And even if you truly thought he was a 'bad guy' , the mob is doing exactly what these Militia folks were doing,...taking matters into their own hands against 'bad guys'.
Who knows

Old 11-16-2021, 08:00 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Disbar Binger.
Free Kyle.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I actually think he was so twisted up inside, and angry that he failed to accomplish his suicide, he had a death wish, and had completely given up on life, had no fear , and took his chances on someone doing to him, what he couldn't do to himself. A child molesting, racist, violent , coward.
Exactly. He wanted to die and he had no fear. Yet, there are people who think, and it's been said in past threads, that Kyle should have just handed his rifle to him instead of shooting him. smh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies