Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 09:12 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I wonder how many of those jurors have or had teenage kids. The prosecution was shaming that kid for not hand fighting the "smaller" guy (a buff 36 year old psycho ex-con) who'd been threatening people all night. I wonder if they would want their kid fighting that guy or if they would rather their kid used whatever they could to defend themselves against that attack.

The shaming of Kyle and minimizing of Rosenbaums threat is a mistake and I think would turn off the jury.

Some people are calling this size shaming as well- as if a short person can't be a threat? Please, look at some professional fighters who don't have stature but are powerhouses. Never underestimate your opponent.
I've been watching that trial. My favorite part was when Kyle was on the stand, and the prosecutor asked him a question about his actions. Kyle stated that he went somewhere after the 'shoot me mf' thug had been threatening people all night. He stated what the actual words used were, in a particular threat.

Prosecutor Scumbag said, "I don't need to know what he said, I want to know why you went (wherever it was)".

No one objected, no one told the jury to dismiss what Kyle said, so the jury got to hear what dead thug had been saying.

I hope that sticks in the minds of the jurors.

My second favorite part was when Mr. Arm Blown Off was on the stand, and basically became a witness for the defense, based on the testimony he gave. I thoroughly enjoyed that he had to tell the truth, and the truth was, Kyle was indeed defending himself from the thug who got his harm shot in half.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:13 AM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
My favorite was when they mocked how Skateboards can't be a deadly weapon.

Parents! Don't get your children skateboards for Christmas! They're ooooo,..so dangerous".

Tone deaf like a Pepsi ad.

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
It's a hail mary basically.

Since the majority of the incident is well documented and pretty clear about who is chasing who and who is aggressing their only hope is to find an ambiguous portion and seed it with doubt. Ambiguous meaning a blurry image.

They feel if they can insert their own narrative into the blurry image to show that Rosenbaum only chased Rittenhouse because he First aimed his weapon at him they can over ride any defense claim afterwards.
I agree. But it does seem extremely fishy that they used a blurry image that was taken from a video that was not blurry. It would appear that they had intentionally blurred that image. They should be investigated for doing so and dealt with if it is found that they had tampered with the video evidence.

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The parts I saw of the trial I was shocked at just how unprofessional and frankly dumb the prosecution sounded at times. I have zero law background but just common sense and the stuff he was saying was mind numbing at times. Some of the lines of questioning such as the fire stuff was weird. I actually laughed out loud at times.

Yeah, and how everyone's, you know, been in a bar fight. LOL

It just shows how thin the case is really.
I'm thinking, gee how scruffy must this jury look that this goofball thinks they've all been in bar fights? lol.
Then again a reminder of class divisions and how some (like a liberal hot shot lawyer with a stupid GQ hairstyle) views the regular folk.

There is a lot to look at in this trial, beyond the facts of the case. It is representative of the times.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I agree. But it does seem extremely fishy that they used a blurry image that was taken from a video that was not blurry. It would appear that they had intentionally blurred that image. They should be investigated for doing so and dealt with if it is found that they had tampered with the video evidence.
but but,...their Top Pixel Expert, Andrew, worked for 20 hours on that footage!

More like Andrew Billed them 20 hours...they got ripped off

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Every time you approach expressing a nearly reasonable, fair-minded opinion, you undercut it with a crazy comment like KR created the chaos that got him shot.
It's a bait and switch. There are a number of posters that operate in that manner, sound reasonable, post like they are truly 'trying' SO HARD to understand both sides.

But last sentence or two is why they are posting. The intro is just the marketing speak to make people believe that they are unbiased.

It's pattern that is easily identifiable once you understand it.

5,052 posts, read 3,956,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think the point the author is making is extremely well-taken.

If this guy is your hero, would you send your own kids in to a mob scene carrying an AR15 like he did? Would you go yourself? No, you wouldn't. Because it's foolish. And that's the lens we need to see this man through - he was foolish, he created chaos, and put himself in a position where he had to shoot other people to defend his life.

And the point, that if the jury acquits, it's not necessarily a miscarriage of justice. The case can be made that he was, in fact, defending his safety and his life after he foolishly stepped in and created a danger to himself and others.

And that's the core, I think, of what so many are upset about this case. This is no hero. This is no behavior to emulate.
LOL. Not sure where the ‘hero’ diversion comes from, but he didn’t break the law. The looters and arsonists and those attempting to kill him are another story.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:16 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Food for thought. If KR is convicted, he will do more time than Rosenbaum got for raping children.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's a bait and switch. There are a number of posters that operate in that manner, sound reasonable, post like they are truly 'trying' SO HARD to understand both sides.

But last sentence or two is why they are posting. The intro is just the marketing speak to make people believe that they are unbiased.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to newtovenice again

Old 11-16-2021, 09:17 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies